3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    3. Gangs

1. Announcements

2. Support

3. Suggestions

VC wont load

flicko

ive just recently been playing on VC again and all of a sudden while i was playing my game it said disc read error , so i tried cleaning my disc but it still wudnt work . So i bought a new VC from the shops and tried that , the game forze everytime it said loading game but , when i turned off the console , removed the memory card the game worked from the start , so i figured there must be something wrong with my memory card , so i copied my original VC save file onto another memory card and tried again , the game still failed to load , so i bought another copy of VC and the same thing happened , the game would work but wouldnt load any of my save file from my previous VC , so everytime i play on VC now i have to start again and when i try to save it does save but fails to loads agian forcing me to start again and again .....any ideas ( cos its drivin me insane!!!!!)??

Ring_of_Fire

It's obviously because there is a save file incompaitbility issue. Just start over Vice City using your newly-purchased disc. It'll be sure to save. dozingoff.gif

wow.gif start over ........ damn it!

i was 99% on 17 hours 3 minuttes and wanted to get my quickest possible completion time .I also had v.good records which wll now have to be scrapped.........

thanks for the advice ring_of_fire......ur legend icon14.gif

Spuds725

Depending on which PS2 version you have, the saves may not be compatible... I do know that the original version saves are not compatible with the later versions.... I don't know if any of the later versions are compatible with each other (I believe there are 4 different versions of VC on PS2 but don't quote me).

If the game starts without the card, it is likely a save issue... your first disk is likely toast/dirty/etc... I would keep the memory card and try to get a version of VC that you had before off ebay... there are various version differences... I believe someone went over the different versions and how to differentiate them over at gamefaqs.com in the VC FAQ section...

//edit//

This is the page with the info--- you cannot click on this (it will be blocked)-- copy and paste to you address bar to get to this page...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/561545/28209

Sounds like it is compatibility issue... do not delete your saves if you still want to retrieve them...

HTH

Edited by Spuds725

To be honest, I'm not suprised if it doesn't work on PS2, something definatly will go wrong, that's why I use the PC version. lol.gif

To be honest, I'm not suprised if it doesn't work on PS2, something definatly will go wrong, that's why I use the PC version. lol.gif

No problems in almost 5 years with my PS2 version... the lack of PS2 troubleshooting topics tells me that the PS2 version is more stable.

To be honest, I'm not suprised if it doesn't work on PS2, something definatly will go wrong, that's why I use the PC version.  lol.gif

No problems in almost 5 years with my PS2 version... the lack of PS2 troubleshooting topics tells me that the PS2 version is more stable.

ive had so many problems with my ps2 version ... i even once purchased a new ps2 just for VC and it still ended up not workin after a bit devil.gif

the problem i encountered with in this post has bin happenin a lot with my games , mostly VC ...makes me wish i knew a lot about ps2 version games like ROF does anout pc versions....

spuds , i recall you telling me in another forum on gtplanet that you once was on VC for over 30 hours non stop( you left it on overnight) ...how did your ps2 survive that aswell as 5 more years of gaming ...wish my ps2 could survive that long!

lol.gif

Edited by flicko