RAM and Video Memory prob

WoA.MaRs

I mod GTA SA , replaced all cars , some buildings, roads, blah..blah , but after i mod the game , its loading slower , the framerate drops dramatically , drawing distance takes more time . i have 1gb ddr1 RAM and a 128mb Ati Radeon 9550 , is there any fix or patch that allowes me to increase the framerate ? i heard that GTA SA ussualy uses 1/2 of ur RAM memory ( this means only 512mb for me ) .

GTA (all) uses whatever RAM it can find, just like any Windoze/DX program would.

If you've replaced cars/roads/whatever with higher quality textures and models, then yes, your frame rates will go down because the card has to work harder to draw all the pretty stuff. Either drop your texture quality and other extras (AA, AF, etc) or get a better card.

• 10 months later...
namechangedbyacs1
I mod GTA SA , replaced all cars , some buildings, roads, blah..blah , but after i mod the game , its loading slower , the framerate drops dramatically , drawing distance takes more time . i have 1gb ddr1 RAM and a 128mb Ati Radeon 9550 , is there any fix or patch that allowes me to increase the framerate ? i heard that GTA SA ussualy uses 1/2 of ur RAM memory ( this means only 512mb for me ) .

You must set all display to low and anti-aliasing to 0 and resolution to 640x480x32 and it will work good biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif