[WIP|SCR] Jeep Willys

Oogie

Started this jeep 4 months ago, dont expect daily updates. I just wanted it to have it's own topic.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Those renders were quite laggy, considering to get the reflection effect i had copies of the models under a transparent surface, and AA set at 6x.

I dont even know if it's ever gonna make it to the game. I dont know anyone who would be able to run it properly, but dont tell me to remove details, i can do my best to keep the polycount low, but i'll keep adding every single detail i can think of.

Current polycount is around 120 000, i wouldn't be surprised to reach 200. yeah i know, that's a damn lot. but hey, it's got a 3d carby ? ph34r.gif

Nice job, man. That's about 35 cars on the screen in San An, right?

It is looking great, though.

kdr9l4.png

It's in my "Must Have" list biggrin.gif

Wah! The big mean moderators won't let me rip models and post pirated software!

leik oh em jeez!

considering to get the reflection effect i had copies of the models under a transparent surface

lol, I've done that too.

good work, but I'm afraid not even my graphics card could handle it. sad.gif

Time for a 1 gig FireGL! tounge.gif

considering to get the reflection effect i had copies of the models under a transparent surface

lol, I've done that too.

good work, but I'm afraid not even my graphics card could handle it. sad.gif

Time for a 1 gig FireGL! tounge.gif

That's quite the problem here

Does anybody know if it would be possible to handle around 150 to 200 000 polygons in san andreas ?

what's the highest polycount you've ever had on a vehicle ingame ? I'm really not sure if this jeep is gonna be put ingame

nervous.gifbored.gif Thats the polycount for all the game!

A car usually has 500 max in gta, not the mods.

Can't you reduce it a little bit?

Edited by ptkamikaz

@Oogie: I remember I used to test a 250.000 polygon Nissan 350Z from César. I had an nVidia GeForce MX440 (!) at that time and it worked pretty good to be honest smile.gif. I'm sure this wouldn't be a problem for cards of these days. I took pictures of that Nissan, you can find them and more information here in this thread @ The_Borg's:

[sA|SCR|REL] 2004 Nissan 350Z by César, SheryO

250.000 polies o_O

I think my pc would blow up with that.

My pc has 7 years, a 128mb grafix card and I thing it has about a 512mb ram.

• Like 1

I tested that Nissan with:

Pentium III 1.1GHz

384 MB RAM

GeForce MX440 64MB

Graphics were set to "Medium" @ 1024x768 AA and AS set to 2xQ and 4x.

And it worked, nothing blew up smile.gif

Bah, I can run a 250K polygon car/truck easily. Then again, I do have 2 video cards. ATI FTMFW.

Thanks a lot Azo. i will keep adding details then tounge.gif

What kills it is the engine, wich is 31 000 polygons if i remember correctly, and each wheels, wich are 8K each.

The rest is not too bad, altho most if it is as detailed as possible.

Also, i am sorry for the lack of updates, i have not worked on it this week end. Since i am making every part of the jeep quite detailed, i'm always looking for reference pictures for everything. every single part takes a while to model, considering i'm already slow at modelling, but also quite a perfectionist.

I should post some updates soon, check in for updates sometime this week

Thats looking awesome Oogie, I've been looking for some well done offroad vehicles for SA. Theres arent many really. The only thing I dont like is the hood headers, but I'll get over it.

Keep up the work, I'd love to see this before I get bored of SA again tounge2.gif

I tested that Nissan with:

Pentium III 1.1GHz

384 MB RAM

GeForce MX440 64MB

Graphics were set to "Medium" @ 1024x768 AA and AS set to 2xQ and 4x.

And it worked, nothing blew up smile.gif

Well, maybe i'll give it a try icon14.gif

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for the lack of updates again. lack of motivation lately. just finished this, but i'm not sure i like the way they look. tips ?

user posted image

edit: update, change the texture

user posted image

Edited by Oogie

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good!

I just tried out a car with 500,000+ polygons... no go. The car just doesn't show up.

So I tried it with 250,000+ (about 275,000) polies... nope, didn't work either. Still just doesn't show up.

Not sure if it would vary computer to computer, but I doubt it. If you say you've gotten around 200K to work, I would guess not much higher is the limit.

Picolini is now Pico

user posted image

Looking good!

I just tried out a car with 500,000+ polygons... no go. The car just doesn't show up.

So I tried it with 250,000+ (about 275,000) polies... nope, didn't work either. Still just doesn't show up.

Not sure if it would vary computer to computer, but I doubt it. If you say you've gotten around 200K to work, I would guess not much higher is the limit.

A car with 500,000+ polygons? wow.gif I would love to see a picture of that in a 3D program.

My god, this thing is gonna be fecking epic, I can't wait to see it fully assembled. Out of sheer curiosity though I'd like to know if there's a chance you'll do a small version as a Mesa replacement? This really is a beauty of a truck, can't wait to plow through some traffic with it, car cols compatible?

• 2 weeks later...
My god, this thing is gonna be fecking epic, I can't wait to see it fully assembled. Out of sheer curiosity though I'd like to know if there's a chance you'll do a small version as a Mesa replacement? This really is a beauty of a truck, can't wait to plow through some traffic with it, car cols compatible?

Sorry for lack of updates, i am still working on the jeep but very slowly. I guess i could try to make it a regular jeep when i'm done, but i would only make it lower with regular wheels.

As for the carcol question, i'm afraid it wont be compatible, but we'll see, i'm pretty much clueless about putting cars ingame in san andreas so far @_@

Well of course it'd be lower with regular wheels. XD Maybe you can talk to someone who does know a little bit about putting them in game? I dunno, I really wanna see this monster reach completion.

• 2 weeks later...

user posted image

user posted image

Progress has been slow confused.gif

131 k for now, probably 129 if i take the time to duplicate the parts properly

Are the wheels too small ?

lookin pretty cooo .. nice work man.. its awesome watching the progress on this one... looks like a lot of work there.

Just like DrugNikt I too fallow this Jeep closely monocle.gif, I take it you're using ZMOD? i'm not sure but 131k is heavy yet if you did it in zmod thats amazing, i've not touched that program in months, I use Max now and this is just spectacular, I need a sweet offroader for SA to drive around the desert with, that is if this is going in game. I hope to see it finished as I love going off the mountains or just all the dirt areas in SA its fun! Finish it now!

btw the wheels are perfect. And if you really wanted to spice it up a little, body map it with camo? its green already and maybe you're already thinking of it but i'd do it biggrin.gif

keep up the freakin fantastic work! icon14.gificon14.gif

Just like DrugNikt I too fallow this Jeep closely monocle.gif, I take it you're using ZMOD? i'm not sure but 131k is heavy yet if you did it in zmod thats amazing, i've not touched that program in months, I use Max now and this is just spectacular, I need a sweet offroader for SA to drive around the desert with, that is if this is going in game. I hope to see it finished as I love going off the mountains or just all the dirt areas in SA its fun! Finish it now!

btw the wheels are perfect. And if you really wanted to spice it up a little, body map it with camo? its green already and maybe you're already thinking of it but i'd do it biggrin.gif

keep up the freakin fantastic work! icon14.gificon14.gif

Yep modelling this in z-modeler 1.07b, the camo wouldn't be a bad idea but uv mapping has never been my strong point, especially in z-modeler, i find it so hard to get everything right it's a pain in the ass D:

yeah I know how you feel, thats why I switched over to using MAX and i've been getting some help from friends who also use it, uv mapping is quite easy in max and its great cause you can unfold the whole model so its flat and makes for easy texturing. I think there is ways of doing it in zmod but it takes alot of time and patience to get it perfect. Good work none the less biggrin.gif