Steal Massimo's helicopter in Gtalcs?

NikoII

I'm on the mission "Calm before the storm" in Gtalcs, and I'm just curious, I've taken Massimo's helicopter before, and I notice that if I go to far away, I lose the helicopter and die, so I was just wondering, if I kill Massimo or his pilot can I steal the helicopter after wasting the Triad members? suicidal.gif

From what I read you could just steal the helicopter once it landed on the roof as long as you avoided the marker to start the cut scene. I wasn’t aware that it would vanish depending on how far away you got whilst flying it.

There is another way to get a helicopter in LCS though. The following is a method on how to get it during the mission False Idols. That topic can be found here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
SniperGangster

Hmm...its actually possible to waste Massimo..!!! biggrin.gif Just snipe his head and u ll see.

And, i have a method that u can get the maverick and travel anywhere u want ( Portland-> Staunton, Staunton -> Shoreside etc.) If u want to know how, just let me know and i ll post it in a topic to be available for every1 to see...

Note: This method DOESNT require having cheatdevice or insterting any cheats at all. cool.gif

Note2: Ahh..it took me so much time to accomplish it.... angry.gif

• 4 weeks later...
Hmm...its actually possible to waste Massimo..!!! biggrin.gif Just snipe his head and u ll see.

And, i have a method that u can get the maverick and travel anywhere u want ( Portland-> Staunton, Staunton -> Shoreside etc.) If u want to know how, just let me know and i ll post it in a topic to be available for every1 to see...

Note: This method DOESNT require having cheatdevice or insterting any cheats at all. cool.gif

umm do you mind telling us how. sigh.gif

• 5 weeks later...
Vince_ThePhoenix

I think if you waste massimo you'll fail the mission

someone has ever tried this?

to get the helicopter, u gotta first get in like u ussually do, but instead of taking off right away, u put massimo AND his pilot in da heli using the peds get in vehicle cheat. then u fly the heli right below where the cutscene takes place. get outta da heli and go through da cutscene. after it, just jump and hijack it and its all urs, no distance limit

• 2 weeks later...
SniperGangster
Hmm...its actually possible to waste Massimo..!!! biggrin.gif  Just snipe his head and u ll see.

umm do you mind telling us how. sigh.gif

Yea, i can tell everything u want to know, but first, tell me what. How to steal Massimo's heli or how to waste him?

If its about wasting him, its easy, just SNIPE HIS HEAD. And also THIS DOESNT FAIL THE MISSION. happy.gifhappy.gifwink.gifthat_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

But, if u need to know how to steal his heli and still be able to travel everywhere, then thats a little more complicated. When i know what exactly u mean, i'll post again!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
to get the helicopter, u gotta first get in like u ussually do, but instead of taking off right away, u put massimo AND his pilot in da heli using the peds get in vehicle cheat. then u fly the heli right below where the cutscene takes place. get outta da heli and go through da cutscene. after it, just jump and hijack it and its all urs, no distance limit

For me the chopper disappears after the cutscene is triggered no matter where I put it. Plus, the "peds follow you"-cheat can't be disabled, and it's REALLY annoying. Plus, how do you snipe Massimo without failing the mission? Everytime I open fire on the roof, all hell breaks lose and I soon get "mission failed" (supposedly 'cause my cover's been blown, that's what the game says). I don't see how you can get away with that chopper without wasting Massimo (it's because you can't move too far away from him that you can't fly the chopper out of Chinatown), and I don't see how you can waste him without getting "mission failed" - in which case the chopper just disappears. I don't doubt there IS a way...I'm only saying I sure as hell don't see how it should be done...

• 1 month later...
  • 13 years later...
GTAVlookscool

I came here to say it doesn't work. I tried several times, if you shoot Massimo the mission fails and the chopper despawns. If you try shoot him after the cutscene where he's about to take off, they're already in the heli and shooting them doesn't do anything. 
Chopper is too far away to run to between starting the shootout scene and it flying away.

But...
When searching for this thread I found a guide! It shows the way to exploit this is although they get spooked if you shoot or get close, if you go around from behind the spooker tigger doesn't go off. You can get into the chopper from the righthand side without automatically failing the mission.
And it's unlocked. 
The guide says to use a bike, go up onto the top of the train station and drive off from the rails onto the building.

Edit: It doesn't work though. After jacking the heli you fail the mission from flying far away, and it kills you so you don't get to keep it.
I found something, if you jack the chopper then go the checkpoint to start the cutscene and shoot out, the heli stays where you left it but with the two guys
in it. It flies off after a couple of seconds. If you're quick you can try to steal it but Tony only opens the tour, you can't actually steal the helicopter or go inside.
You can only fly it briefly if you steal it before the cutscene. It's fun and awkward to fly, it's not programmed properly. It's controlled partially by the camera, and forces itself downwards in a seemingly random pattern.

Edited by GTAVlookscool