Rain bug

willywannabite

willywannabite

I know this topic must have been discussed countless times but since the search box is disabled, I dare to ask the question again :

You all know the rain bug when the sound gradually disappear after it's rained (you can't hear the sound of a gun and sometimes afterwards you can't hear anything at all).

Is there a way to fix it. Some people say the Cold Coffee (1.01 version) patch fix the problem, others say it doesn't. I'm kinda incomfortable installing a patch if I don't really have to.

So what's the final word on this. Will upgrading my game to version 1.01 definitely fix the bug? Or does my old sound card (Sound labs live 5.1) make the situation hopeless?

The game is perfectly legal. It's the EU version.

EU version... Try the patch, It won't harm You smile.gif

BTW, when did this occur the first time? Or has it been always like that? I haven't had that problem, as I have the EU version... You may want to upgrade Your sound card drivers too smile.gif

Edited by TheTank

willywannabite

Yeah but does it fix the rain bug? cos I don't really care about dirty cars and stuff.

Yeah but does it fix the rain bug? cos I don't really care about dirty cars and stuff.

I'd say it won't, like i editedmy last post I has the EU version, got when the game came out on stores (for PC) so try updating You soud card drivers.

willywannabite

It's always done that since i got the game (that is to say 2005).

I tried to update my drivers but my sound card is obsolete and Creative Labs do not even release new drivers anymore. The last update (which I have) was in 2003!

I was looking for someone who can tell they had the same bug and fixed it by upgrading the game. But as always with GTA SA, when it comes to bugs, each player has a different experience.

Edited by willywannabite

It's always done that since i got the game (that is to say 2005).

I tried to update my drivers but my sound card is obsolete and Creative Labs do not even release new drivers anymore. The last update (which I have) was in 2003!

I was looking for someone who can tell they had the same bug and fixed it by upgrading the game. But as always with GTA SA, when it comes to bugs, each player has a different experience.

Yeah, I'm sorry but I can't help anymore...

"when it comes to bugs, each player has a different experience." Agreed.

No harm in trying out the patch. If it does not work, you can always reinstall. Or make a copy of you San Andreas installation and try the patch on that.

Also make sure that you've got the latest sound drivers.