Something crazy happened.

snabald

So, I was driving a PCJ 600 at an insane speed over the bridge leaving Starfish Island going back into Washington Beach, after the first bridge there is a second smaller bridge I hit that one and went airborne and flew straight into the side of a building.

Next thing I know I am in the river and I figure I'm waisted (it was even doing the drowning animation) then out of nowhere Tommy falls through a blue area where it looked like I was looking up at the city through a transparent ground. He falls for quite some time then suddenly appears to be falling out of the skies and lands on a hill in the middle of the golf course.

It was crazy, I wish I could have recorded it.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen?

Yeah, it's kind of a Blue Hell thing. Fall through the ground and you'll end up on the nearest area of solid ground.

Going at insane speeds certainly does increase its prevalence - I remember pulling off stuff like that on GTAIII with the Admin Console forcing my vehicle to travel at amazing speeds.

Sort of, do you have the Gravmod?

No, the only mod I'm using is the one for reflections on the cars and specular highlights.