I noticed this ages ago...

dfrawley888

Has anyone else noticed that in the mission "The Green Sabre" when Smoke and Ryder betray CJ he only takes notice of Big Smoke and doesn't even mention Ryder in the whole mission. Even in the phone call after the mission he only mentions Smoke to Sweet. Does anyone know why this is? mercie_blink.gif

user posted image

Banned at request

So has everyone but its a good question. Probably cuz while you were still in the early missions, Smoke asked CJ to drive him home and CJ started to wonder why he was living away from Grove STreet and why in Ballas territory so he probably suspected that Smoke was with the Ballas and Tenpenny all the time while Ryder was still living next door to him so he thought that Smoke convinced Ryder to join him later. AKA he thought Smoke was the whole brains of the betrayal and Ryder was just his little helper biggrin.gif

He was only half right. Smoke was the brains behind the whole betrayal but what he didn't know was that Smoke had already convinced Ryder to join him when CJ returned to San Andreas.

This is my theory... Got any better? smile.gif

Edited by Smiley001

AKA he thought Smoke was the whole brains of the betrayal and Ryder was just his little helper biggrin.gif

I'm sure it wasn't supposed to be a joke tounge.gif.

So has everyone but its a good question. Probably cuz while you were still in the early missions, Smoke asked CJ to drive him home and CJ started to wonder why he was living away from Grove STreet and why in Ballas territory so he probably suspected that Smoke was with the Ballas and Tenpenny all the time while Ryder was still living next door to him so he thought that Smoke convinced Ryder to join him later. AKA he thought Smoke was the whole brains of the betrayal and Ryder was just his little helper biggrin.gif

He was only half right. Smoke was the brains behind the whole betrayal but what he didn't know was that Smoke had already convinced Ryder to join him when CJ returned to San Andreas.

This is my theory... Got any better? smile.gif

totally disagree

smoke wasnt the Brain , in the first place it was Tenpenny

and btw later after this mission, CJ said that Ryder is a Bitch and said that Smoke is just controled by CRASH. CJ understood that Smoke is a real betraier when Cesar called and said that Smoke is delivering some ... ''goods'' from SF to LS.

lol. its my theory smile.gif

Just replayed this today , and , the "lost homie" is in the first cut scene of the mission before it . There is a mod for it an older scruffy dude all in green .

I think he was Ryder at first , in that cut scene , and due to anti drug people they cut Ryder out of the long term staying in the story . They switched "smokes helper" as I call the lost homie , with Ryder instead .

I just realised something. Wasn't Ryder not in the beta? Maybe they had the mission made and didn't bother changing it?

user posted image

Banned at request

Well, CJ definitely notice Ryder in the mission Photo Opportunity but I'm guessing be was more focused on Big Smoke because he was actually surprised on going on Tenpenny's side but Ryder was already a pain to CJ already so he wasn't actually surprised.

he knew ryder was always a bad-ass and was capable of this sh*t but he was really close to smoke and was shocked.

So has everyone but its a good question. Probably cuz while you were still in the early missions, Smoke asked CJ to drive him home and CJ started to wonder why he was living away from Grove STreet and why in Ballas territory so he probably suspected that Smoke was with the Ballas and Tenpenny all the time while Ryder was still living next door to him so he thought that Smoke convinced Ryder to join him later. AKA he thought Smoke was the whole brains of the betrayal and Ryder was just his little helper  biggrin.gif

This is my theory... Got any better?  smile.gif

totally disagree

smoke wasnt the Brain , in the first place it was Tenpenny

and btw later after this mission, CJ said that Ryder is a Bitch and said that Smoke is just controled by CRASH. CJ understood that Smoke is a real betraier when Cesar called and said that Smoke is delivering some ... ''goods'' from SF to LS.

lol. its my theory smile.gif

Well technically yes it was Tenpenny but was Tenpenny CJ-s friend? Nope

I ment Smoke was the first of CJ-s friends who made a deal with Tenpenny and then he convinced Ryder to join him.

SO among CJ-s friends, Smoke was the first aka the leader of sort behind the betrayal.