Writer's Block

The Unvirginiser

The Unvirginiser

How frustrating is it.. when you are in the mood for writing something and your mind just goes blank. Last night it took me two hours to think up a story before I started writing..

Does anybody know any real tips that can help?

No idea. I've had Writer's Block for ages now; it's been ages since I've really written properly.

Sign me up as a candidate.

It's pissing me right off.

In two weeks I've only managed to write two paragraphs of one scene - usually I get a whole update done in 3-5 days. confused.gif

*headdesk*

There is no cure for it as far as I know. I could write tonight, but I'm gonna play Sonic The Hedgehog instead. Damn you, Sonic!

The Unvirginiser
There is no cure for it as far as I know. I could write tonight, but I'm gonna play Sonic The Hedgehog instead. Damn you, Sonic!

Remember.. learn from Tony.. Sonic does not help!

Good to know I'm not the only one suffering.

I've been trying to work on the script for the first episode of my small machinima series, but all I've got done so far is three scenes, and I've been working on it since May.

What I find weird though, is that if I try a short story, I've got about a million ideas in my head. But when I'm trying something long, my mind goes blank.

I rarely get writers block, I have 3 storys in my head and I'm not telling you the names of them though. Well one I'll tell you all, its called "The Day CJ Went Crazy" but I decided not to write it on the forums. But yes I barely get writers block, see heres what you do. All you have to do is imagine it as a game or movie, imagine your watching it and at the same time making the calls in it, it works for me. And I only had ONE foul up chapter in my latest story.

I hate goddamned Writer's Block. I'm going to start writing "The Cipriani/Leone War" again, but for the part when all the heads of the families are discussing business, I've got no goddamned ideas. What sucks bad is, after that "sit-down" I've got so many damn ideas for this whole war igniting.

Yeah I never really get writers block. My problem is that I never really have time to write, and im a bit obsessive compulsive so if I stress out about it I usually end up writing the same thing over and over again. But I find the best thing for writers block is to not write for a while just do something else. I find if you concentrate to hard on coming up with something when you cant think of anything it just makes it worse. So I just kind of keep thinking of things but don’t really concentrate on it. Is this making any sense?

I have it all the time, most due to either lazyness of outside factors (such as people beeping me on MSN, stuff to watch on TV, games to finish on PSP [not really needed on this list]). You know what I do when I have a real block?

Oh, f*ck, just rewrite everything you already did.

It's a whole lotta fun! colgate.gif

ARGH!

I either have writersblock when I'm in the mood to write or I can write when I'm not in the mood for it and it doesn't work out right. mad.gif

Luckily, I've finished the hardest scene, so I'm hoping once I'm in the mood and have regained my muses - who have gone AWOL - I should be able to get NFTU done in the space of a week like old times.

RearEndCollision

The best cure for Writer's Block, at least in my experience, is to read more. When I just cannot get anything out onto the page, I crack open a good book. Art leads to art; just how it works.

user posted image

The best cure for Writer's Block, at least in my experience, is to read more. When I just cannot get anything out onto the page, I crack open a good book. Art leads to art; just how it works.

Well said, I agree. It also helps if you watch a movie if your having trouble not only with Writer's Block, but if you can't envision what you're writing.

For example, for the meeting part in 'The Cipriani/Leone War' (really gotta change that name...) I watched the part in GoodFellas where Henry Hill is introducing everyone in the bar to the viewer at around the beginning.

• 2 weeks later...

This is getting ridiculous. I've had writersblock since the beginning of August! The only good to come of it is that it's given me time to really picture the scenes of my stuff in my head to perfection. Now all I have to do is write it - but I can't.

Damnit! I really want to finish NFTU and I'm at this moment really in the mood to write the first chapter of NOUAS. F*ck! suicidal.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Likewise.

Usually I wouldn't mind so much because it used to only last a couple of weeks at most - and even then once I picked up from where I left off it would have benefited from the break - but I've completely lost whatever skills I had.

Or so it seems.

From this point up until over the weekend I'm going to have to keep attempting to write or I'll never get things done.

Any recommendations of films to watch or books/fictions to read for inspiraton? suicidal.gif

Please add a post and account deletion procedure!

http://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested

You, as a webmaster or administrator, may have arrived here through an account information page on the site you're coming from. It seems the user tried to delete his/her account, however found this to be impossible. Therefore the user scrambled his/her personal data and referred to this page, requesting the site to create an account deletion option, preferably by completely deleting all personal data from the database.

More and more people are concerned about online privacy. Therefore we encourage online services to create an account deletion option, hopefully transparent and easily executed by the user. By anonimising personal data, retained data is rendered inadequate for (commercial) use. As more people use such measures, the urge for deletion options becomes stronger.

Besides, your site may be labelled white instead of black in the listings of AccountKiller. This provides more trust to users even considering the creation of an account at your site.

For further reference, also read the FAQ on AccountKiller.

Edited by Lance_Ryder

The Unvirginiser
Likewise.

Usually I wouldn't mind so much because it used to only last a couple of weeks at most - and even then once I picked up from where I left off it would have benefited from the break - but I've completely lost whatever skills I had.

Or so it seems.

From this point up until over the weekend I'm going to have to keep attempting to write or I'll never get things done.

Any recommendations of films to watch or books/fictions to read for inspiraton? suicidal.gif

Depends on what the story is about

BlOoDStReAm101

I feel you man. I wrote a fan fic couple of months ago, but my mind came blank after a couple of chapters. (You can see the story on my sig. Its not complete though.)

Well for your style of writing Prison Break is always good. I can’t really think of anything involving models for NFTU though.

That's a good idea!

Hmm. For NFTU I'll probably watch something like... I don't know. Something gangster-ish. Maybe Scarface or something? confused.gif

• 5 months later...

bored.gif I can't write anymore. It's a fusion of writersblock and not being able to get back into it after not writing for so long.

So much so that I even wish I could write like I did that of M&P (which - let's face it - wasn't exactly perfect).

What's really frustrating is that I've got all of these intelligent and wicked ideas now, but I can't use them because I can't write anymore. dontgetit.gif

Usually at this point I would just quite but the problem is that I really like this stuff. So you see my problem.

The Unvirginiser

I can only write really late at night, like.. insomniac hour.. must be a mental state... if i write in the day its awful

• 4 months later...

I would post this in the Updates' thread, but this isn't exactly an update. So...

Not to sound arrogant but I know it isn't bad, but yet somehow it's still not enough for me to be satisfied by it. I literally wrote this in under 10 minutes:

Sighing deeply as he turned over on his side to place an arm across the waist of his girlfriend, Kenzie opened his eyes cautiously to the feeling of nothingness by his side; the covers having been pulled back and allowing their once-shared body heat to escape. Pulling himself up into a sitting position, he caught sight of Jaclyn Keller sat at the end of the deluxe bed, buttoning up her lacy blouse with her back facing him. “Oi,” he murmured huskily, his voice still thick with sleep, as he sought her attention.

I think it's because it's quite simplistic in the sense that it doesn't make you visualise the characters' surroundings - but I haven't gotten to writing that part into it yet. But somehow I expect it to start off so you automatically can picture it, you know, rather than 'build up' to describing that part of the story, as that's the sort of thing you do with what the characters are feeling/experiencing. confused.gif

It probably doesn't help that I got OCD and perfectionism tendencies. tounge2.gif But still! I don't get why this is going so wrong. Or maybe I'm just being paranoid.

Edited by Oxidizer

I can only write really late at night, like.. insomniac hour.. must be a mental state... if i write in the day its awful

Same here. When I write in the day it's usually sh*tty. suicidal.gif

Wanted Assailant

Depends. If your work requires knowledge and information, you might have writer's block. I have the need to research what I'm basing on, so it won't seem so dumb.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.