Waaaaaaayyy too many cops

Zip Zap

I recently bought GTA Vice (PC) from the bargain bin at EB.

The one thing that struck me about the game is that the city is crawling with cops.

Way too many. Annoyingly too many.

Most of the time I get a "wanted" level, it's because I ran over a walking cop or hitting the cop car on every single block of the game. Then the situation gets worse because no matter what you do, you can't lose the cops, especially when driving, there's always one to pick you up 20 feet away.

There are just way too many.

It would be cool if someone could patch this or mod the numbers of cops to more acceptable levels, it would be a more enjoyable game.

Yes, There are but as you notice once you progress with the game there are few cops.

Everyone knows that George W. Bush is above the law, so cops don't matter to you the way they matter to the rest of us.

I recently bought GTA Vice (PC) from the bargain bin at EB.

The one thing that struck me about the game is that the city is crawling with cops.

Way too many. Annoyingly too many.

Most of the time I get a "wanted" level, it's because I ran over a walking cop or hitting the cop car on every single block of the game. Then the situation gets worse because no matter what you do, you can't lose the cops, especially when driving, there's always one to pick you up 20 feet away.

There are just way too many.

It would be cool if someone could patch this or mod the numbers of cops to more acceptable levels, it would be a more enjoyable game.

Ummm yea soooo get used to it? dozingoff.gif

There are ways to lose cops. When you have one star, you can just speed it off but with two or more stars, you need to go to a Pay 'N' Spray. You're going to have to drive more carefully and *cough*on the road*cough* so it doesn't happen. Like everyone else said, you're going to have to deal with it.

There are ways to lose cops. When you have one star, you can just speed it off but with two or more stars, you need to go to a Pay 'N' Spray. You're going to have to drive more carefully and *cough*on the road*cough* so it doesn't happen. Like everyone else said, you're going to have to deal with it.

The funny thing is I am on the road.

The game just likes to have cops run out after a gang member onto the street in front of you.

This makes it hella annoying especially if you have to kill the Pizza Delivery Boy and the "Kill The Wife", where her car is like a tank and makes me keep running over stupid cops.

Of course, I'll have to deal with it, don't want to sound like a whiner and all, I'm just posting about it because I consider it a bad feature of the game, and wanted to express my opinion about it.

If there are less cops in the later stage (as in density) I'll be happy.

I could give you screenshots of what I see... 2-3 beat cops per block plus a cop car around every corner. Way too much.

Well I actualy consider this a good feature cuz lets face it, there realy aren't like much people in VC trying to kill you which makes the game boring and killing a cop gives you a bit more adventure... Vice City isn't very large, 2 gangs in the city wielding what? PISTOLS? omg... Take out your chaingun, waste em all in 3 sec and done! WOW... dozingoff.gif

Now I know why this feature was lightened up in San Andreas, due to its immenze size, bigger number of gangs etc... Want less cops? Then go to San Andreas cuz you'll have bigger things to worry about then cops...

A good idea to help this problem is to thin out their numbers. Walk into the Washington Beach police station and blast every cop you see, then make a quick getaway to the nearest pay-n-spray.

user posted imageanuj_cop.gifanuj_cop.gifuser posted imageuser posted image

Edited by RidingHigh

I'm sure a mod is possible (any further discussion belongs in the modding forums), but the best response is to simply get used to it - you will after a while. smile.gif

I know when I first got the game, I used to drive like a maniac, never brake, use the grass as often as the roads, etc. I got pissed with the amount of wanted stars I was attaining, so I made use of the "remove wanted level" cheat. Now, it's quite simple to avoid getting wanted. The Pay 'N Spray locations are etched into my brain, as are most of the cop bribes and clothing pickups. Not to mention that simply lying low for a minute or so will lose your wanted level if you've only got one star.

The police density doesn't change during the game, I'm afraid.

I've just come from playing The Godfather, and a year ago from Mafia (I waited for both to hit bargain bin), then saw GTA Vice for $10 and picked it up recently.

The Godfather, and actually even better, Mafia had the perfect balance of cops, and had a lot more room and distance on the roads. Sure I'd run over cops once in awhile, but I guess I'm finding Vice definitely more cramped and cluttered with props and such, so maybe I have to slow down.

Vice is very arcady compared to the other 2 games. No matter how pissed off the cops are and sending the entire planet against you, you can always hole up and fight as you make it to a safe house to lower your wanted status.

In Vice, the cops become superhuman and drive at 1000 miles an hour to ram you, eventually there is no way you're gonna get away from them. There's so many on every street, you can never be at 5-6 stars for too long, not like in the other games, you can keep a firefight and city-wide chase and run going for hours.

I'm sure a mod is possible (any further discussion belongs in the modding forums), but the best response is to simply get used to it - you will after a while. smile.gif

I know when I first got the game, I used to drive like a maniac, never brake, use the grass as often as the roads, etc. I got pissed with the amount of wanted stars I was attaining, so I made use of the "remove wanted level" cheat. Now, it's quite simple to avoid getting wanted. The Pay 'N Spray locations are etched into my brain, as are most of the cop bribes and clothing pickups. Not to mention that simply lying low for a minute or so will lose your wanted level if you've only got one star.

The police density doesn't change during the game, I'm afraid.

Yeah, I just have to adjust my play a bit from the aforementioned games biggrin.gif

For the record, I could go on a long rampage in the top-down GTA series, little harder to do in 3D with game limitations I guess

Ring_of_Fire

Well, cheating is always possible to get rid of cops. But did you try LithJoe's trainer? I remember it had an option like "No Police". There's the VC Admin Console as well.

lol - "Way too many cops" only happens when you get 3+ stars. You should go see what it is like to be in the VCPD ghostworld! tounge.gif

Well, cheating is always possible to get rid of cops. But did you try LithJoe's trainer? I remember it had an option like "No Police". There's the VC Admin Console as well.

lol - "Way too many cops" only happens when you get 3+ stars. You should go see what it is like to be in the VCPD ghostworld! tounge.gif

Dude. Maybe I should show some screenshots. I'm seeing 1-3 cops per street, and almost a police car each block - without stars.