Edit Saved Game files in San Andreas?

Spuddlesworth

Spuddlesworth

Is there any way of deciphering GTASAsf[number].b (saved games in San Andreas) into a form which can be understood by human beings and subsequently edited? I'm particularly interested in editing the tag which must control CJ's exercise limit (i.e. the fact that if you reach your exercise limit in one particular 12-hour period you can't do any more until the next, there must be something in the save file which tells the game how much exercise CJ has done and how long it is until the next 12-hour period)

Thanks in advance.

<Save File Format by CyQ>

Using the description of the save file format posted in the link above, I've learned to read several of the blocks within the save file, but I've mostly worked on vehicles, pickups, blips, and enex connections and don't have much clue what's in the stat sections. You might try downloading someone's file that has a gym glitch, running the gym fix application on it, and then comparing the files. Or, IIRC, the exercise timer is reset whenever CJ exits or enters a building, so it's not hard to work around this limit.

A colleague and myself have been working on a GTASA save game editor for some time now. I haven't released my version, but Paul's editor can be downloaded here

I've given him all my source, and he will be continuing on with it. It's not complete, but it will be updated soon.