How come rico didnt die!

DexterDude

rico is dead isn't he?

Nope. He survived it. It's assumable because he appears in a later mission. bored.gif

Rico is on the ship with you during the mission Naval Engagement. Though it's destroyed you don't actually see Rico die in it at the time of the explosion, so many assumed he survived/escaped as he is in the later mission Trojan Voodoo.

Of course it could be that there are more than one member of the Cubans called Rico, it's probably a very common name (in that gang).

Nope. He survived it. It's assumable because he appears in a later mission.  bored.gif

That guy's called Pepe.

Also as saintdave, we can't be sure that Rico died. So we can only speculate.

Edited by VCHolmes

Nope. He survived it. It's assumable because he appears in a later mission.  bored.gif

That guy's called Pepe.

Also as saintdave, we can't be sure that Rico died. So we can only speculate.

No, both Rico and Pepe survived.

I figured Rico jumped out of the boat right before it exploaded.

confused.gif Did I say that they died?

Whether Pepe lives or not, depend upon how the game progresses. In 'Trojan Voodoo' Pepe can be killed by the Haitians or can be killed by the explosion. Or he does not die if he gets out of the building.

As far as Rico is concerned, we can't be sure whether he was on the boat or not when it exploded. That's why we can only speculate.

confused.gif Did I say that they died?

Whether Pepe lives or not, depend upon how the game progresses. In 'Trojan Voodoo' Pepe can be killed by the Haitians or can be killed by the explosion. Or he does not die if he gets out of the building.

As far as Rico is concerned, we can't be sure whether he was on the boat or not when it exploded. That's why we can only speculate.

I know it's unreliable but Wiki lists both of them as on the boat on the explosion but seen in a later mission.

Here's some of the game script proving identities -

Stunt Boat Challenge -

I've skipped the scripting/conversation between Tommy and Umberto as no mention of Rico is given here.

RICO: Hey, I'm Rico. You the man with the big cojones? Ok man, treat her like a woman.

Trojan Voodoo -

UMBERTO: Tommy, you go and get us a little Haitian car. When you get it, come back and pick up my boy Pepe, and take him out to the Haitians.

There was no further scripting of the other missions Cuban characters appear in but after checking the OFFICIAL guide and various others on the net it does say for the mission Naval Engagement drive over to Rico and get into his boat. So although there is more than one Cuban character that you have interaction with there was continuity issues with the apparent death of Rico in one of them and his reappearance later on. I wouldnt try and think to much of it, just assume he made it of the boat, after all like I posted previously, you don’t actually see him die on the boat or stood on it when it explodes.

cauze Rico is a f*cking Lazarus !

If you hate the people here that much then I guess you won't mind leaving, bai.