Yellow Dot?

gardenvariety

gardenvariety

Restarted the game a bit ago after not playing it since it first came out, and I ran into a rather annoying issue. Somewhere along the line in San Fierro (I believe it was after the Valet mission, although I'm not entirely sure), a yellow dot, noting destination, appeared over my garage. Ever since it first appeared, I haven't been able to make it go away - it stays during missions, races, and etc. - not to mention that when I bother to check if any objective is there, I don't see anything. The PS2 has been reset, the game reloaded to no avail. Any ideas? The clutter on the minimap is more annoying than preventing, but hopefully fixable.

By the yellow dot, do you mean a yellow triangle?

It must be the Courier Stealing missions (not required for 100%, just for money-making). Cesar keeps on calling from time-to-time, informing you about the time when the courier leaves. You can steal money from this courier. However, you have the option of cancelling this side-mission by rejecting Cesar's offer (pressing 'N' at the end of the call).

Restarted the game a bit ago after not playing it since it first came out, and I ran into a rather annoying issue. Somewhere along the line in San Fierro (I believe it was after the Valet mission, although I'm not entirely sure), a yellow dot, noting destination, appeared over my garage. Ever since it first appeared, I haven't been able to make it go away - it stays during missions, races, and etc. - not to mention that when I bother to check if any objective is there, I don't see anything. The PS2 has been reset, the game reloaded to no avail. Any ideas? The clutter on the minimap is more annoying than preventing, but hopefully fixable.

Do you mean the misson '555 we tip'?did you use any cheats?

gardenvariety

In response to the yay courier sub-mission answer, I haven't seen one pop up since the bug first appeared, but it's definitely not one of those - the yellow dot (and, like other yellow dots, it changes to a triangle depending on what level of elevation I'm on) appears directly on top of the save point icon, not to mention that the yay courier dots I've seen before have been red.

In response to the other, I believe it was 555 we tip, although it could also have occured after the mission in which you blow up the chemical factory with a car rigged with explosives. And no, I haven't used any cheats.

Any other ideas? sad.gif

• Do have an older save (When the yellow blip wasn't there)? Load that up and play from it.

If you don't mind the blip, continue the game as it is.

Or start from the beginning.

You could also try and get saves for your PS2 and continue from that point where you left off. Google it.

grahamdodds9

Maybe the disk is scratched.

Moved into the BUSTED group upon request.

Maybe the disk is scratched.

If the disc is scratched, the game won't run.

Damaging the disc doesn't induce a change in behaviour of the game.

maybe a cheat was activated.i got a save without cheats used and there was no yellow dot.

Maybe.

However, I think there is some problem with the game data. Restarting from a previous save is a good idea to find out if the yellow dot appears again.

• 2 months later...

I get that yellow triangle destination symbol as well. I got about 3 and it keeps staying there. It happened after the 555 we tip mission.

I get that yellow triangle destination symbol as well. I got about 3 and it keeps staying there. It happened after the 555 we tip mission.

Welcome to GTAF.

It's always better to start your own topic instead of bumping someone else's veen if the problem is similar.

Please read the pinned posting requirements.

Welcome to GTAF.

It's always better to start your own topic instead of bumping someone else's veen if the problem is similar.

Please read the pinned posting requirements.

Thanks for the welcome.

Its just that in other forums, it was not a good etiquette to start your own thread in a similar topic. I thought this site would be similar.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. smile.gif