[WIP][SCR][CON]Rise of Vercetti

Quadropheniac90

Quadropheniac90

Rise of Vercetti

Rise of Vercetti is a mod for the San Andreas (or Vice City's, if we find it's better to use for our project) engine, which will bring you to the early 70's version of Liberty City and follow the story of Tommy Vercetti to prison, and afterwards to modern day Vice City. We want to emphasize that this is mostly a story/gameplay mod. We will try to keep as close to the GTA atmosphere as possible, hopefully achieving this goal with the story we are creating.

The storyline will start in 1970, when Tommy is working with his father in his printing company. He soon gets dragged in a life of crime by his brother Ray. The story will then go towards the first climax, the Harwood shootings, and Tommy will go to prison, where some missions will be available also. After spending time in prison the story fast forwards to 2007, when Tommy is sitting satisfied in a bar. But the story is not over yet and action will once again be very much present in Vice City.

Features we will definately try to add:

Intensive use of the cellphone, much like the feature GTA IV is said to have.

Dynamic storyline, so you can alter the way the story goes.

Many changes to both Liberty City and Vice City, including:

• Most buildings changed to fit the time perior
  • Many new buildings (Mainly in Vice City)
  • New interiors to many buildings
Features we might add:

Scripted kills - Animated executions of some people featured in the storyline

Many more I can't think of right now.

Don't think we haven't any work done yet, people, I wouldn't be posting this if that were true. We have finished many characters that will be featuring in the mod, some of which we'll keep secret until we can release a beta. Work on buildings has also massively started, mainly by our member Wired Wizard.

Screens:

The Vercetti Family, from left to right; Tommy, Ray, John, William:

http://dreamteam.247ihost.com/dreamteam_im...family_scr1.jpg

Sonny:

http://dreamteam.247ihost.com/dreamteam_im...pics/s_scr1.jpg

Bruno (you might remember him from GTA: Vice City):

http://dreamteam.247ihost.com/dreamteam_im...pics/b_scr1.jpg

WIP Screen of what will be the interior of what is in GTAIII Sex Club Seven.

http://dreamteam.247ihost.com/dreamteam_im...pics/luigis.jpg

Addition to Vice City; Locks:

http://dreamteam.247ihost.com/dreamteam_im.../WashBridge.jpg

You can find a more detailed description of everything on our website and there you will also find more screens of what we have done so far.

Want to join?

We could use some help, particularly coding and helping us get things ingame, cause that is just too slow at the moment.

Contact me at teun.steenbekkers [at] gmail . com

Team:

Wired Wizard - Webmaster, storyline/writer, major work on Vice City, and character ideas.

Mr. T (that'd be me) - storyline ideas, mostly character development and Liberty City modifying.

LeonPlisken - Texturing and other very useful tasks.

Same goes for our parttime member BeeswaX.

Thanks to 007 Roadrunner for ideas and some .dat modding.

Edited by teun.steenbekkers
user posted image

Quadropheniac90

Thanks. smile.gif

I have to ask, do the links to the screenshots work for you? I heard they don't work but they do so for me.

user posted image

They do if you refresh once. It says something about being required to log in the first time.

Oh and don't forget, Sex Club 7 supposedly has a second story.

"8-Ball's got some business upstairs, but maybe.."

smile.gif

And I'd still love to know if you've got any room on the team for storyline planners.

Edited by Pat.

Quadropheniac90

Maybe. We'll have to discuss that. wink.gif

Oh dear, I see I forgot to put down the team members in the first post, I really am slow today. dozingoff.gif

@gtadedan: Apparantly you have to refresh, I know for sure logging in isn't required to see the images.

user posted image

hmm..it says: "Forbidden" oh well..I'm sure i'll see something when there's more progress tounge.gif anyway, good luck with it wink.gif

Quadropheniac90

Thanks.

The website is still a little buggy in some parts and we hope to fix these bugs soon. I'll post when we fix the picture library. Until then, sorry for the inconvenience. sad.gif

user posted image

On the subject of McFarth, could he possibly be Ray's drug connection, considering he's a corrupt cop? Plus, Ray could help Tommy get to know McFarth, and McFarth could help with Tommy's arrest after what happens in Harwood.

I've got some other ideas for Ray as well, but I'll keep 'em in my head for now.

Quadropheniac90

@Pat: Please leave this topic clean for discussion about the mod in general. Talk about the storyline with PM or something because I really don't want to reveal it yet. smile.gif

user posted image

Sounds interesting ... but please work on the different vercetti's (they do look good .... but maybe a bit more variation wink.gif... you clearly see it's the tommy base model. Try to make each one unique, instead of look alikes).

Good, I hope this project will get finished!

Quadropheniac90

Well, they are very closely related, so I think some resemblance is good.

EDIT: And remember pretty much everything is still a work in progress, so the final versions will most likely feature more differences. smile.gif

Edited by teun.steenbekkers
user posted image

Hey look at my movie, it's about events that happened in Liberty city in 1971, maybe it will give you guys some ideas, if you want I can help you with skins and give you some ideas because I done all skins in this movie by myself. PM if you need help or quote me here on this topic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZa7lCWeqPc

Edited by °zero
user posted image

Well, they are very closely related, so I think some resemblance is good.

EDIT: And remember pretty much everything is still a work in progress, so the final versions will most likely feature more differences. smile.gif

IMHO you should make one fat happy.gif

You don't know how much I have been waiting for someone to make a mod based on those times. It looks really awesome. I just can't wait for it.

Quadropheniac90

Hehe, well that's the main reason we started, this, to describe a possible way the story of Tommy before '86 could be. smile.gif

Thanks for all the positive comments.

I'm working on an improved version of Mr. McFarth, who is based on Al Pacino. I hope it'll look a whole lot better than the crappy one I made right now. smile.gif His partner McCockener will be based on either Robert De Niro or Robert Duvall. I do seem obsessed with mafia film actors, no? biggrin.gif

user posted image

you do know that before Tommy was in prison he was living in Liberty City?

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

Quadropheniac90

@SnoopDo2G: Thanks. smile.gif

@Claude GTA3: Yes? Where did you read I would be doing the story in Vice City before he goes to prison? confused.gif

Better Al Pacino model is done, texture I can't do, so it'll probably be the less good model, guys. sad.gif

user posted image

Better Al Pacino model is done, texture I can't do, so it'll probably be the less good model, guys. sad.gif

Well I can't MAKE the texture from scratch, but if you have a template or something else I think I can help you.

Quadropheniac90

When we sort out the picture thing on our website I'll make sure the links work. smile.gif

I've been working on Tommy's first hideout in the game, it's located near the destroyed building in the area which is controlled by the mafia in GTA3. smile.gif

Picture (imageshack this time):

user posted image

Comments please. I still need to add generic stuff like kitchen machines, a couch and table, and a window for the bedroom and a bed. smile.gif

user posted image

this mod is great teun smile.gif

after your tommy skin for sa this was the second thing that could make me happy

good luck smile.gif looking forward