Game crashes in game

Wetnose

The game runs fine until carl steps into his house in the second cutscene in the game. when this happens,my computer restarts. the support at rockstar told me to do that MSCONFIG thing and make it so no programs started in the beggining but it still crashed. any help?

Erm sorry. meh it doesent send me an e-mail when someone replies either...damn..

• What platform: PC (XP)

• what ever version the game comes in

• A Vaio computer, pentium 4 3.60 GHz

• 1 gig of ram (all i know sorry)

• RADEON X300

• XP version 2002 SP2

• This is my first install.

any other info you need?

Im going to switch the compatability. Ill tell you all what happens afterwards =o

edit: nope. it seems like everytime i do this it crashes earlier. first it crashed when CJ picks up the framed picture, then it happened when he steped in the doorway and now it happens while the screen is still black and it says BigSmokes.

I ran it in Compatability 98/me.

Edited by Wetnose

no, but at this point i cant since it crashes as soon as i step in the red circle. but even if i could thats like a piece of scotch tape covering a crack in a dam. any better ways? lol =P

ive tried before and i have extreme difficulty. can you give me any links or anything to guide me to what i need to do? sorry.. it'd be most appriciated

My Video Drivers seem to be up to date. im having problems identifying my sound card though; where can i find this info?

My Video Drivers seem to be up to date. im having problems identifying my sound card though; where can i find this info?

DirectX > Sound

Bleh, it's all in the pinned posting requirements. Tells you exactly how to get a readout of your system specs.

ehhh ok i clicked on Direct X and Direct X Sound and i have 2 devices.

Primary Sound Driver

and

RealTek HD Audio rear output

=/

Update the Realtek sound drivers.

Did you try playing at lowered graphics detail?

Graphics Quality : Medium or Low

Turn off Anti Aliasing and Mip Mapping.

ill try lowering those things and i need help updating those drivers =/ thanks so much for gettin me this far btw

i took down the video and it works now, but i noticed when the ballas shoot smoke's car it sounds like someone slapping someone. i guess ill update my sound drivers while im at it =P

no guys, it was working fine until i saved. the computer shut down when i stepped into the yellow circle. any help?

no guys, it was working fine until i saved. the computer shut down when i stepped into the yellow circle. any help?

Could you please explain that?

Please avoid double posting; use the edit button.

sorry bout the double post- i just notice now for some reason last time i tried to post, my last one didnt show up.

anyway, the game works fine up until i finish the first mission (getting away from the driveby). After the game tells me about saving, and i step into the yellow circle in front of CJs house, it crashes the same way it crashed in the first place, instant restart.

OK so you saved your game? You were getting out of CJ's house when the game crashed?

Try reinstalling the game if you have any mods installed.

Your PC seems to satisfy the San Andreas system requirements, but you could try closing unwanted programs while playing the game.

you know this could be cuz it was torrented, but i didnt bring it up because the install took just as long as it says it would in these forums. If i cant fix it by reinstalling, ill see if i can find a different torrent =/

you know this could be cuz it was torrented, but i didnt bring it up because the install took just as long as it says it would in these forums. If i cant fix it by reinstalling, ill see if i can find a different torrent =/

You should have said that before. I'm sorry, GTANet does not support warez. A legit copy will work well in most of the cases. Please get one from a store. Shouldn't cost you much.