HELP!

GTAGuy666

OK. SO my predicament is that I can NEVER get mods to work. I was going to use this Halo Master CHief mod and I needed IMGTool for it. I downloaded it and when I tried to delete the player.dff or .txt or whatever it said the file could be in use...exiting... even though the CD wasnt in the computer. Then I tried to put the new file in before I deleted the old ones, thinking that you have to have one player mod in before you got rid of it, and it says the file access has been denied. I am soooo stuck. This never works for me...

Alex "Flamemanethedemonic" "GTAGuy666"

Uncheck the read only property for your models folder. don’t forget to back up your files before deleting / replacing them.

Thanks. But it still dosent work. Now it says the file is too big to replace... What do I do?

I HAVE ANOTHER SOLUTION! For people who want to have the skin mod, you don't need to replace files there! You just go to skins, then go to generic, then rename the player.bmp to player2.bmp, then copy the skin file .jpg or bmp in the folder and call it player and then you go to the game and there it is!

• 3 weeks later...
You have a skins folder for that by the way...

Exactly, but the skin is just the txd for the model, that’s why im not sure what he has done there unless the original dff is compatible with the new one.