GTA cities as flag options?

manofpeace

I've been looking through the flags in the list, and I notice there are no joke ones. Maybe there could be an option to have a flag that looks like the logo for a GTA game?

Like have just the wording of the city in it's font or something. Say you chose Vice City: It would just be the pink writing of the game's name. ANd the same general principle could apply to other GTA cities/games.

Good? Bad? Thoughts?

Isn't the purpose of the flags to show your actual nationality? Hm, I think so.

So bad idea.

I've been looking through the flags in the list, and I notice there are no joke ones.

What's Mars then? I don't think illy et. al. actually access GTAForums from space. tounge.gif

Anyway, all the flags have been removed from the GTANet 2k4 Lite skin, so it wouldn't have any bearing on me for the time being.

I've been looking through the flags in the list, and I notice there are no joke ones.

What's Mars then? I don't think illy et. al. actually access GTAForums from space. tounge.gif

Have h4x, Anarchist, Gay and Pirate been removed or something?

Isn't the purpose of the flags to show your actual nationality?  Hm, I think so.

So bad idea.

Well, if you're in a cheerful mood and you want some fun, you could go and choose a Los Santos/Las Venturas/San Fierro/Vice City/Liberty City flag as a little joke.

@Jayzamann: I don't have H4x on there, I guess it was.

Edited by manofpeace

h4x has never been on there. I've only seen one person with the h4x flag, can't remember his name though.

user posted image

h4x has never been on there. I've only seen one person with the h4x flag, can't remember his name though.

I believe you're thinking of "Andy In England". He's the only person I've seen wearing that flag as well.

I believe you're thinking of "Andy In England". He's the only person I've seen wearing that flag as well.

Thats the one. I was thinking Andy but then thats Tsuro.

user posted image

It's not a bad idea, but how do you represent the cities in a 32x20 pixel space?

in5dJdX.png

It's not a bad idea, but how do you represent the cities in a 32x20 pixel space?

yeah.only maybe someething llike VC on a white flag or SA or LCs or something like that

yeah.only maybe someething llike VC on a white flag or SA or LCs or something like that

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, that could be happening.

Actually not such a bad idea. I'd like a nice VC flag under my avatar...

Considering your Signature, CMT, and I think your avatar are all from the 80's, it'd work. tounge.gif

Isn't the purpose of the flags to show your actual nationality? Hm, I think so.

So bad idea.

It doesnt really matter, I dont live in Ireland, I just like the place

sarcasm.gif

So I think its a good idea icon14.gif

New account, WhittyC

sarcasm.gif

And? The majority of people use it to show wich country they live in. Just because you use it otherwise, doesnt mean anything.

Not a bad idea though, really icon14.gif .

jqmqKlq.gif

sarcasm.gif

And? The majority of people use it to show wich country they live in. Just because you use it otherwise, doesnt mean anything.

Not a bad idea though, really icon14.gif .

I'm moving to LIberty city this October,to visit my uncle so i'd really like to have something to represent my country/town

Have h4x, Anarchist, Gay and Pirate been removed or something?

no they are at the bottom

Edited by angrybanana5000

Vanilla Shake

Well, it wouldn't be so bad to have a Liberty City flag under my avatar so...I guess I'm saying that I'm all for this idea.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

I don't see why alot of people are making a fuss about this. It'd be a nice little add-on, it's not like anyone would force you to use it. Besides, what makes it any worse than gay pride/anarchy/pirate?

Nice Idea.

I see you're angry. Did I take away your glory? tounge.gif

PFFTttt I got enough glory over in the u know what topic. lol.gif

I'm not mad. wink.gif

It would become a smaller second avatar in the end. The flags say where you come from, if you don't use your proper flag then what's the point?

If I look through a topic and everyone says "SA" "VC" or "III" under there name, what's the gain?

Actually not such a bad idea. I'd like a nice VC flag under my avatar...

me too.

i like this idea icon14.gif

It would become a smaller second avatar in the end. The flags say where you come from, if you don't use your proper flag then what's the point?

If I look through a topic and everyone says "SA" "VC" or "III" under there name, what's the gain?

Is there anyone on this forum from the nation of Gay Pride or Mars? It doesn't have to show nationality. I'm from America, but I use an Irish flag. icon14.gif Wouldn't you like to have a little fun and pretend to be in Vice City?

Is there anyone on this forum from the nation of Gay Pride or Mars? It doesn't have to show nationality. I'm from America, but I use an Irish flag. icon14.gif Wouldn't you like to have a little fun and pretend to be in Vice City?

I'm in canada but I use the philippines flag becuase im flip. tounge2.gif

I think it's a great idea, but the point has been raised - there aren't any city flags that we know of.

I'm from America, but I use an Irish flag.  icon14.gif Wouldn't you like to have a little fun and pretend to be in Vice City?

Thats exactly where it all starts. The whole point of the flag set up is to show either where you're from or where in the world you're located. Obviously there are a few 'fun' or 'comical' flags, but a fine line should be set in place. You advocating the idea of just making any odd flag for 'fun' (in this case, GTA city flags) is defeating the purpose of its primary function.

Russia nor Ireland has nothing to do with you, so why not just be a good little boy and use the country put in place for you, okay? Its not a decoration, its a case of national symbolism and identity.

I think it's a great idea, but the point has been raised - there aren't any city flags that we know of.

orly.gif

Isn't there a symbol for Vice City on the gtavice.com page?