Running Sims2?

thugofliberty

thugofliberty

Hey everyone. I was thinking of trying out sims 2 but don't know if my computer can handle it.

I have a Dell Inspiron 1721. Windows Vista. Proc: AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-56 (1.8GHz). Ram: 2.9G.

As for my graphic card... eh I'm not sure how to really check that... It's a laptop so I figure there's alot of stuff that could go wrong if I actually try to open it up some.

Is the Turion a dual core proc? If so does that mean that it actually runs 3.6 since it's at 1.8?

It's not that demanding a game. You should be fine.

GTA3Freak-2001

When it came out it may have been but not these days, the game should run well on your laptop especially since it isn't burdoned with your typical intergrated graphics but rather a more capable ATI Radeon mobile derivetive.

Fozzy Fozborne

It should fine. Your processor is a dual-core (hence the x2 in the name "AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-56 (1.8GHz)".

You have an ATI Xpress 1270 Hypermemory. This is a decent card.

For future reference: to find your graphics card's name, go to your desktop, right click an empty spot, click personalize, click display settings. It should say "Dell display on ATI 1270 HyperMemory" or something like that.

Oh, and how is Vista running for you? The general consensus is that it's way better than when it started, but still not perfect. What do you think about it?

thugofliberty

Ah gotcha. I guess I'll try it out then.

Vista is actually pretty good. I thought that I'd stick with XP when I first got the laptop, but then thought why not? I could just reinstall XP is Vista was crappy/really buggy. Nope. Vista runs perfectly well with most of the things that I do. Has alot of features that makes sharing within users as well as keeping them -very- separate easy. I haven't encountered anything wrong with it performance wise, but I just got it a short time ago so maybe time will tell. There are certain problems with old programs though, mainly not being supported by the OS... and for some reason the old Windows Help Files are not available... So that might suck alot if you have a program that relied extensively on it (Zmud for me if any of you know what that is.)

Thanks again.

@Fozzy: My Vista always worked fine without bugs before I got around to actually downloading adn installing updates.

Yea, Sims 2 works fine with ultra high settings on my Computer, which is single core and has a nVidia 6800GS, so yours will be fine.

New account, Joe.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.