2012 the end?

Glycerine

I've been reading up on the day the world might end. On the ancient Mayain calander they predicted the world will end on Dec. 21 2012. Now NASA is saying on that exact date the sun will reverse its cycle and our magnetic poles will flip. It will cause a whole new ice age and volcanoes will erupt all over the earth blocking the sun. I don't know about anyone else but this has me a bit freaked out.

Hayden Stasven
I've been reading up on the day the world might end. On the ancient Mayain calander they predicted the world will end on Dec. 21 2012. Now NASA is saying on that exact date the sun will reverse its cycle and our magnetic poles will flip. It will cause a whole new ice age and volcanoes will erupt all over the earth blocking the sun. I don't know about anyone else but this has me a bit freaked out.

Are you f*cking serious!? I don't even get to live to see my birthday on the 22nd! THEN I MISS CHRISTMAS TOO! F*CK THAT SUN OF OURS IS A REAL SELFISH B*TCH! angry.gif

New account: Hayden.

By 2012? And where do you have NASA actually saying that, I've never heard NASA saying that, and I keep a close eye on their activities. Hell, I haven't even heard any sane people saying it.

Also, the Mayans didn't predict the end of the world by 2012, their calendar just didn't go any further. They were lazy bums, that's what they were.

Sounds like this is turning into the new Y2K.

Anyway, like Svip, I don't remember NASA ever making any type of announcement that the sun will reverse it's cycle. I'd think if they'd have announced something like that, it would've made the news.

Digïtál £vîl

Can you supply some information about this? Maybe scientific findings or whatever that are making these people say these things are happening in 5 years?

Sounds like this is turning into the new Y2K.

Anyway, like Svip, I don't remember NASA ever making any type of announcement that the sun will reverse it's cycle. I'd think if they'd have announced something like that, it would've made the news.

o_O well, Pat. The Sun reverse its cycle every 11 year. So it probably will by 2012. But since it happens so often, it won't have a larger effect.

More information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_cycle

The average duration of the sunspot cycle is 11.1 years, but cycles as short as 9 years and as long as 14 years have been observed.

This list seems to put it at 2008. Which is way off from 2012. confused.gif

Blind Joe Death

Sounds pretty scary.

Although unless if you give me a link of some sort I ain't going to believe it.

The closest thing I've ever heard of the world ending was that they predicted a big meteor (same size as the one that wiped out the dinosaurs apprently) was going to hit Earth in 2015.

Couple of years later and we found it it will go straight past Earth. Phew.

user posted image

GTA3Rockstar
Couple of years later and we found it it will go straight through Earth.

Fixed.

I heard about this in school before and they(mayans) didn't think people would be alive around that time. So they gave up writting the dates further.

fbeRElG.png

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Never happen. The Universe was over in 2000! Or don't you remember? There is no going back to save it. You are stuck here in this cr*ppy afterlife with the rest of us! tounge.gif

The sun isn't doing anything in 2012, it's the Earth which is finishing its "wobble" cycle. I forget the name for it, but basically, the Earth rocks back and forth on its axis like a spinning top every 20something thousand years.

If you want a link go to any search engin and type in '2012 the end'.

I also read the prediction that Nostradamus made and I like his date for the end of the world alot more than the Mayains. Its quatrain 10/74 or 7074. The prophecy reads:

When the great number seven completes itself

Games will begin at the Tombs side

Not far from the turn of the Millennium

The dead will rise out of their graves

So if there will be an end to the world I hope it will be Nostradamus's prediction.

If the magnetic field [i[really[/i] reverses, it's not going to explode us. It's just make those few days where we need to where our sunscreen. icon14.gif The Mayans ran out of time like 500 years ago, they don't know what's going to happen, no-one does. confused.gif

2012? Bah, that's when several cool video games come out, according to this one website I saw. One game was where you drive a car at 1000 MPH through a city and try to stop any way you can. It showed a screenshot of a huge crater as a teaser.

Nature knows that it doesn't have time to be destroying us if there's some great games coming out. wink.gif Which is why it won't really destroy the Human race. And no, the mantles isn't going to move, that's bullsh*t. (To anyone that thinks that.) rampage_ani.gif

If you want a link go to any search engin and type in '2012 the end'.

I also read the prediction that Nostradamus made and I like his date for the end of the world alot more than the Mayains. Its quatrain 10/74 or 7074. The prophecy reads:

When the great number seven completes itself

Games will begin at the Tombs side

Not far from the turn of the Millennium

The dead will rise out of their graves

So if there will be an end to the world I hope it will be Nostradamus's prediction.

ZOMBIES! Damn it! Wheres my shotgun?!

Anyways, yeah. The whole end of the world predictions crap are just that, crap. I seriously doubt the world will end anytime soon, at least not from something as lame as magnetic poles switching. Now, a zombie invasion, that would suck.

Metal up your ass!

Ah, here they are:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precession_%28astronomy%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milankovitch_cycles

I don't think anyone actually knows when these started or end though. It seems most of the Mayan doomsday people just assume they figured it out though because the length of their long calendar is close to te precession cycle.

Can you supply some information about this? Maybe scientific findings or whatever that are making these people say these things are happening in 5 years?

You're back. inlove.gif

@topic: There are many, many things predicted for that date. In regards to the Mayan calendar, no they did not just stop there arbitrarily... The Mayans were incredibly into astronomy and on that date the sun aligns with the center of our galaxy. Something that happens only once every 26,000 years.

Some other predictions for 2012:

• Terence McKenna's mathematical novelty theory suggests a point of singularity in which humankind will go through a great shift in consciousness.

• Some proponents of a peak oil catastrophe place major events in 2012. Richard C. Duncan's book The Peak of World Oil Production and the Road To The Olduvai Gorge claims that the Olduvai cliff will begin and permanent blackouts will occur worldwide. Several studies predict a peak in oil production in or around 2012.

source

...and many more.

I personally interpret 2012 as the end of the world as we know it. Which could be a good thing really...

silvermanblue

The end of the world will happen when we least expect it. So its best to start a new life of debauchery and hedonisim. WOOT PARTY!

Leone Family Mafia

ПРОПАГАНДА.ИНЦ, СИЛВЕРМАНБЛУЕ

•Terence McKenna's mathematical novelty theory suggests a point of singularity in which humankind will go through a great shift in consciousness.

Good, they're all realize the Government bullsh*ts them and that media is stupid, not to mention that GTA is great for you. ph34r.gif

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

Dont people say the worlds going to end xx/xx/xxxx or yy/yy/yyyy people always make up sh*t. Remember Y2K or 6/6/2006 or how about 6/6/1906 or even 6/6/1806 whatsthat.gif

Vive La France

If NASA really said this, there would be riots all over. Could fix that Global Warming problem. Al Gore should be happy.

So far the world has supposed to have ended every year since like the year 2000. It's all sh*t mate, go get some sleep.

s0h607k.jpg

robbiegarrett

That is normal for the sun to do that it does it often without hassle and the earth magnetic field changes direction every 10 years so i watched on a Documentary.

If you want to have a look on wiki or somewere else im correct the earth spins on it poles via the magnetic feild and the so the magnetic feild changes direction don't know how but it does and there has never been problems the last one was 1993 and 2001

nope, we still lack the technology to blow ourselves up~

try again in another decade smile.gif

4DksF.png

Vive La France
nope, we still lack the technology to blow ourselves up~

try again in another decade smile.gif

Try century... We'll still be too scared in 2017.

Damn, when the *NEW* ice age comes I bet the heating bills will skyrocket even more! sad.gif

Haha, i dont think anyone will care about heating bills, or anything else for that matter, once the new ice age comes in wink.gif .

Edited by tuareg

jqmqKlq.gif

yakuza warlord

The Mayans couldnt predict their entire civilization being wiped out.

And if they cant predict their destruction, what makes you think they can predict ours?

I plan on living past 2012, even if it means I have to survive by eating some of you. icon14.gif

WbZaxRP.png

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

I plan on living past 2012, even if it means I have to survive by eating some of you.    icon14.gif

Don't eat me and I will bring the BBQ sauce for the rest of them. biggrin.gif

Edited by HolyGrenadeFrenzy