Vice City: Ultimateum TC

Sgt. Sev3n

user posted image

This is the official thread relating to everything about the upcoming total conversion mod for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City entitled Vice City: Ultimateum.

Updated as of 9/21/07

Vice City: Ultimateum is a total conversion mod for Vice City that turns Vice City into Miami, Florida as of 2006. The mod features a new storyline taking place 20 years after Vice City in which Tommy Vercetti is now 20 years older and an "old man". All cars are replaced with the very best high-res vehicles from this communities many great and talented modders. This mod was built using Vice City Deluxe mod as a base. I stripped it down, removed unnessecary features, and added many, many things. Also I have added a collection of various mods from other authors to increase realism and I also created many new textures and effects which I added as well.

Note: This mod will not run very well on slow or low-end computers. Sorry whatsthat.gif

FEATURES:

Note: This list is not nearly complete and I can't even remember all the changes that have been made.

-Every car replaced with awesome high-res models.

-Most pedestrians replaced with more modern ones.

-New Radar

-Bus Traveling

-Bus Shelters

-New HUD

-New Crosshair/sniper scopes/rocket scope

-New Nude Strippers-don't complain that it's mature content... after all it is an M rated game wink.gif

-Brand new Miami Police force-(models too, not just skins) this means new cop uniforms for the police,player,and Lance (cutscenes as well), new Miami police vehicles, new Miami police departments, new helicopters, new FBI, new PIGS/Security Service, new vehicles, etc.

-New outfits for ingame characters such as Lance, Ken, and Candy (cutscene models replaced as well)

-Brand new realistic, modern, and cool looking gangs (see screenshots)

-New palm trees, plants, and foilage.

-New roads, sidewalks, runways, etc.

-New high-res and realistic particle effects-tire treads,smoke,explosions,blood,water,muzzle flashes,flames, clouds, etc.

-New pickups such as Kevlar vest, new health, adrenaline, etc.

-New weapons-AK-47, .38 Special (if permission granted, otherwise Desert Eagle), Beretta 92F, Sawed-off Double-Barrel Shotgun, Pancor Jackhammer, high-res machete, knife, katana, brass knuckles, etc. Every single weapon except for screwdriver, minigun, hammer, and cleaver replaced (working on getting models converted for these)

-Weapon names also replaced with correct ones (i.e. Ruger now says AK-47)

-New zone names- South Beach, Miami International Aiport, etc. (road signs, mailboxes, billboards, building signs (even the engraved ones now say Miami instead of Vice City) and stuff like that also have the new names on them)

-New textures-you will no longer see the word Vice City in the game (now everything is replaced with completely new textures or words changed to Miami)(even things that you can't read tounge2.gif) Also many, many textures are improved with high-res ones.

-New realistic street signs and billboards

-New mansion interior

-New mission interiors

-New guns in cutscenes (only a few) (Deagle, Colt, AK-47, M4, etc. all have high-res cutscene models.)

-New ability to eat-just head over to the local pizza hut and order food or order a pizza from your hideout

-New and improved ability to swim (if all bugs get worked out)

-New boats such as Jet-ski

-New parked boats, cars, and helicopters (empty heli pads filled up... new car locations, etc.)

-New traffic-now you will see FBI cruising around, Ice Cream trucks playing the ice cream jingle, and others.

-New towels and sun-tan-lotion bottles.

-New newspapers, magazines, flyers, and posters (realistic ones)

-New planes including the jumbo jet, F-18 airforce, and a nice beach craft skimmer

-New abilities

-New small changes made such as pedestrians behind counters and stuff like that

-New ability to get smashed at your local bar (not like any previous drunk mods. this ones much better)

-New ability to dance

-Must break out of jail or get bailed out by Ken (still waiting on permission for this feature)

-New Soiree Outfit

-New Worker Outfit (Spand Express is now FedEx)

-New Suit player model replacing street clothes

-Fed Ex worker pedestrians

-UPS worker pedestrians

-New Bank Job outfits for both the player and Ken, Cam, and Hilary (cutscenes also)

-New golf clothes featuring Callaway shoes, kakis, new sweater, Callaway glove

-Golf carts now white like they should be and have new wheels

-Ability to call a taxi on your cellphone to take you to places (still waiting on permission for this feature)

-Might include fuel mod... I don't know i think its annoying having to stop to fill up the car but o well

-New very realistic water with real-time reflections

-New textures on small objects such as beer bottles, postboxes, pictures, etc (yes that's how realistic I'm trying to make this mod lol)

-New sounds hopefully (having some trouble)

By the final version I'm hoping to have a brand new storyline.

Pedestrians smoking and talking on cellphones (need help with)

Many, many, more changes that I didn't list both big and small

I'm waiting on permission from some authors for scripts and models.

This mod will not be released until permmision is granted.

COMPLETION:

Textures: 99% Done

Vehicles: 98% Done

Pedestrians: 100% Done

Characters: 100% Done

Player Outfits: 100% Done

Particle Effects: 100% Done

Particle.cfg: 100% Done

Amercian.gxt: 100% Done

Handling: 100% Done

New Sounds: 0% (might not be included)

Main.scm/coding: 20%

Main Storyline: 10%

Others: 94% Done (basically anything that doesn't fit into a category above)

I basically have the mod complete but at the moment I'm working with my coders on getting that part of the mod complete.

Click here to see what I need coded or PM me or talk to me on msn.

If there is anything that you think needs to or should be included in Vice City: Ultimateum please post a reply or PM me. Thanks

SCREEN SHOTS:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Sgt. Sev3n

Sorry for the double post suicidal.gif but I can't add anymore images to my first post and the links to my site are corrupted and i think the site is down ='(

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Sgt. Sev3n

GamerShotgun

Cool, looks very good!!! I could help u out in mission coding... I can do small things...Like being drunk, and other...

Cool, looks very good!!! I could help u out in mission coding... I can do small things...Like being drunk, and other...

Alright thanks MasterK that'd be great and of course you would go into the credits and everything. So yea just let me know what you can all do and I still need to contact Modstar to see if they'll let me decompile and use their main.scm. That would help with most of it then we could just add things to it.

Also here's a few more screens enjoy =)

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by Sgt. Sev3n

who's the bald dude with the rag?

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

He's either gonna be part of a new gang, a random pedestrian, or a bonus player model. I haven't decided yet. Currently i have him in there just for my own personal fun and i'm debating whether or not to include him in the mod. What do you think?

I don't know what he is..a biker,or a random gangbanger?! anyway,it's a fine model,don't let it go to waste,retexture him,and put him as a gang dude

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

Well he's supposed to be a thug... I took the biker model and reskinned its beard into the bandana, tried to give him a kevlar vest which is very difficult making an accurate one due to the way the skin wraps around the model. Any suggestions on how to get an accurate template or something showing the way the skin wraps around the model? And yea i think i'll use him as a gang member now to make the hard descion of which gang to replace whatsthat.gif

Street Wannabes/Sharks,they blow

user posted image

im currently replacing the street wannabes and new player street outfit. i'll post screens when i get it the way i want.

Edited by Sgt. Sev3n

Soon my friend, soon. Well I began replacing the street wannabes and car jackers with my thug model and everything went smootly as planned. However, when ingame the models show up like they're supposed to but they have the white texture meaning there's a missing txd... but I renamed my thug model to suit each gang member accordinly (ie thug.dff renamed to wymst.dff ) like that. Which worked fine but when I tried doing the same thing with the .txd.. I guess it doesn't work on pedestrians? So now I have white ghosts running around lol and I need help for them to get their textures back!

This mod Looks amazing icon14.gif

and you could put the fuel mod as an option, so people could decide if they want it or not... I want tounge.gif It would make game more realistic, like "Mafia"

That looks really good!

Also, there's no such word as "ultimateum". You probably wanted the word "ultimate".

That looks really good!

Also, there's no such word as "ultimateum". You probably wanted the word "ultimate".

user posted image

Pretty close, No?

Anyway, looks pretty ritzy, good luck.

user posted image

Maybe it's a mix out of ultimate and ultimatum turn.gif

One question: Do you have the permission for all this stuff? confused.gif

Quadropheniac90

Looks good.

@MoeRonimoe: He said he won't release this until he got all the necessary permissions. wink.gif

user posted image

haha yes all the textures are done by me and all I need permission on is the cars and a few of the guns. Also I'm currently attempting a new script but I really suck at coding so I need help. And yes it is a mix of the word ultimate and ultimatum...ok ok so actually the truth is that I just suck at spelling and coded the word Ultimateum into the game already before doing a spell check suicidal.gif But I kinda like the look of it lol.gif

Edited by Sgt. Sev3n

EDIT: oops sorry for the double post anuj_cop.gif

Some updated screens. Enjoy.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Since this is a modern mod and I'm planning on a brand new storyline by the final release do you think that I should make Tommy look older but still cool like in the first 2 shots or have him stay how he is now only with new outfits? Please reply and tell me or PM me. Thanks.

Edited by Sgt. Sev3n

alright well yea that's the idea it will actually be taking place in 2004 right after hurricane charlie took place (remember this is a reality mod so why not have it make sense that the bridges are closed instead of just being a dumb part of the game) oh and a new update I'm currently making a brand new main.scm that will feature nearly every property buyable (at least as many as possible) a few examples... one of the haitian shacks will be buyable, the mall, the golf course, airport, military base, police station, random hotels, apartments, etc. You'll pretty much be able to own all of Miami by the time your done.

at the moment im coding enterable interiors ill post some screens when im done. btw the haitian shack will have a car parked by or behind it and weapons inside.. i think ill used aunt poilets shack to put it to use and since it already has a decent interior

I just cant wait for this mod! Wish I could help but I havent got a clue about modding smile.gif I will surely download this as soon as it comes out tounge.gif

well bad news both my vicebuilder is f*cked and not letting me add weapon pickups ='(