reliables

Smiley001

What do you think are the most reliable garages in the game that won't loose you're vehicles. It's kinda sad to lose unigue vehicles all the time so what's you're opinion? And are there any garages that won't loose you're cars for 100% sure?

I don't know ANY garages in the game that will lose your car. Your vehicles will be there the next time you check dude, unless you've overpacked the garage...then maaybe you'll lose a car or two..

Gangster OG

sometimes for example when you save the Truth's mothership in a garage, it will lose its paintjob which is a shame. Although I have heard bad things about the garage you win in San Fierro, I havn't experienced any problems myself colgate.gif

bagga rabbit

the only garage that's lost cars for me is the Doherty one opposite the train station..had a sweet F.B.I. truck taken

Well I don't remember what garage it was but I lost my only special vehicle, bullet and health proof Sabre at the end of the game so I did the game over again... This time I took the Admiral and Sabre both but I still lost my Admiral but my Sabre is safe (for now :S)

I strongly suspect that garages likes to lose cars when you are flying above them or drive by really fast.

My solution is to pack garages fully, so they won't open when you are in a vehicle. If there isn't enough space for a car just eak it out with bikes.

Just now I'm collecting uniqe and proofed cars, so my garages are (over)packed and I remmember every one of my cars. And as for now (late SF missions) I havn't lost even a one.

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

What do you think are the most reliable garages in the game that won't loose you're vehicles. It's kinda sad to lose unigue vehicles all the time so what's you're opinion? And are there any garages that won't loose you're cars for 100% sure?

biggrin.gif Through out my games the only garage that I haven't lost anything out of is Paradisco! wink.gif

As a rule save after each mission and check every garage right after your save to see if you have lost anything...If you have then you just go back one mission from your previous save(so do overwrite it!) and you have less to catch up. It is always a bum deal and loosing a "special" vehicle can really bum you out especially if the new aquistion is just as precious as one lost then you are up for more work regardless of what you do... sad.gif

Understand what I am suggesting for your save method? It is a pain but later on with the Hunter as a choice vehicle and a Maverick as soon as the countryside opens up you have little to worry about while checking them.

After you check your vehicles reload the checked save as you have checked it and by not putting in anymore time than the beginning of the save it assists in preventing any losses....This method is tried and true for me even if I do loose a vehicle once in a while I go back and double check and then go get the save with it and start from there. It has saved me lots of time and aquistions in the mean time.

Some of the garages have bad spots that seem to loose vehicles sometimes and other times a garage will warn you by having your paitjob blink off then back on when the save is gettting difficult for it to remember the paint job.

I suggest removing the vehicle and placing it back in the garage at these times. But having more than one vehicle with the same paint job in the garage also seems to help. (At least this is the case with the Mothership, the garage with four of them in it never seems to have any trouble if at least two are in there. One of the ones with the top up and one with it down. I only aquire the BP/EP/FP/DP versions of this vehicle but I decided it would be a gas to have more than one..... So I have five.

Many garages can hold 1 car and 3 bikes even if there isn't enought room for even 2 cars, you can do so without getting the "You cannot store anymore vehicles in this garage" warning that makes it difficult to get one in. Mulholand for instance!

-HGF

Wow, more people seem to have lost cars in their garage than I realized. The only way I thought you could lose a car in there was because you overpacked the garage, since thats usually the only way I lose them.

What I thought was more annoying than that, was the fact I always seemed to lose my car whenever a mission just began, or ended. Sadly though, the car would sometimes become a casualty during the mission.

RIP My Limegreen Picador sad.gif

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

Well the good news is that if a jacker gets your car the game keeps it as is and respawns it later with you paint job and damage still on it....so you can jack it back. It has happened to me a couple times but never with a "proof" car of anykind. If one of those were to get jacked I would have to reload a save.....I am not even gonna pretend to risk it. But if I can catch them first and I have before then die.gif it's all over for them.

I have a strategy for lessening the "other" car jackers and it seems to work quite well.