Back up file help!

kngkng21

hey guys wats up jw wonderin im trying to download copland 2006 people say it sucks but i would like to try it out for myself. it said in the intallaition guide to make a backup i dont know wat that means look it says this: You need an installed original version of Rockstar's GTA San Andreas©, without you can't play this Mod-Pack.

FIRST, MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR "GTA - SAN ANDREAS"© , located by default in

C:/PROGRAMME/ ROCKSTAR GAMES/GTA SAN ANDREAS©

TO START THE WIZARD, WHICH WILL GUIDE YOU THROUGH THE INSTALLATION PROCESS,

PLEASE RUN = SAN ANDREAS© 2006 - COPLAND =.EXE so yea can u people help me on this one i want to try my first mod i ever downloaded thanks guys

Browse to your install directory. Default is C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\. Right-click the "GTA San Andreas" folder. Click Copy. Hit CTRL+V to paste this copy back into the same location (you'll now have "GTA San Andreas" and "Copy of GTA San Andreas"). Viola, you've got your backup. It's often a good idea to rename the copied folder to something like "GTA San Andreas Backup" so you know which one you can mod and which one you shouldn't.

I have absolutely no idea what this "Copland 2006" mod is, so you're best served to read the install instructions that come with it. And follow them.

As for which one to backup? The real San Andreas, obviously. You plainly don't want to have two copies of the mod and none of the original game.