[SA|REL] 1970 Olldsmobile 442 W-30

Carface80

Thanks for help Mindf*ck (for advice) and julmajukka (who help me out with converting to SA) and I figure it out how to get the car work (I re-install SA and the car pops out!)

So I been working my butts and staying up late til 2:00am just to get this sucker done (dont expect to be fancy) No mods or any fancy paintjob, just a plain jane 442.

This is version 1.0 and its still fairly crude and I WILL NOT DO ANY FURTHER UPDATE. This is just a gap filler before Mindf*ck's version arrives.

UPDATE:

Uprage to 1.5 now

Just fixed the reflection, shadow model and handling

Download Now

user posted image

photo from AzO

Edited by bigfoot2003

Well i didn't see any screens but i guess that the car is good

so lemme taste that ride thanks wink.gif

Thanks everyone for replies, I answer some of the complaints and here's the 1.5 version

Just fixed the reflection, shadow model and handling

Download Now

wow it looks really good in your screen in your first post I am downloading it now the alloys look awsome with the goodyear tyres on it keep up your good work wink.gif The car looks like it is of an high quality

*Screams at top of voice*

YEEEES!!! I've been waiting for this to come out!

user posted image

mod it with Nitrous Oxide and chassis dyno.

silvermanblue

Awesome model Bigfoot!, It is in my game as we speak.

Leone Family Mafia

ПРОПАГАНДА.ИНЦ, СИЛВЕРМАНБЛУЕ

LaBan' date='Aug 8 2007, 18:19'] very nicely modeled wink.gif

It is like from GTA IV

Much better than GTAIV.

user posted image

mod it with Nitrous Oxide and chassis dyno.

TheDude5000

Oh man this thing kicks ass, I remember like a year ago when you were working on it. Did you stop working on that '68 Charger btw?

user posted image

Thanks everyone for comment smile.gif

Thanks AzO for brilliant screenshot. smile.gif One thing how did you get the damaged tailamp illuminated? is the GFX is set to very high?

fullmetal: Polycount is 40656 (damage models not included) yes its a polymonster alien.gif

One thing how did you get the damaged tailamp illuminated? is the GFX is set to very high?

Yep, it's set to Very High ^^

And your welcome for the screenies turn.gif .

Awww, but I wanted fancy paintjobs! tounge.gif

Looks really, really great and even works quite nicely with my crappy old comp biggrin.gif I'm getting some new parts soon, though (well, enough parts to say that it's a whole new computer) so it should fit in like perfectly smile.gif

One step closer to having all the cars replaced with classics... biggrin.gif

Finally a worthwhile replacement for the Sabre but dag nab if it didn't expire on my. angry.gif

This file has expired.

Can the file be "renewed"?

Wow! I like it alot! There's so many excellent cars coming lately, this is one of them. It's also a great replacement for the Sabre. One quite major thing though, the download link has expired. sad.gif

• 5 months later...

Reported for bumping an old topic.

And ... ermm ... have you tried it ingame yet? I have, and the proportions are true to the real thing. Don't be mistaken by looking at those pictures. azo uses a widescreen monitor with a 4:3 resolution and the widescreen setting turned on. That gives this kind of result when you take a screenshot.

Reported for bumping an old topic.

And ... ermm ... have you tried it ingame yet? I have, and the proportions are true to the real thing. Don't be mistaken by looking at those pictures. azo uses a widescreen monitor with a 4:3 resolution and the widescreen setting turned on. That gives this kind of result when you take a screenshot.

Whatever man my uncle owns the real thing and the proportions in game are not the same. Im not looking at the pictures I dont know why you are such a dick to me but everything I'm talking about is valid. Ive imported all these cars. They lack the proportions of the real deal, and BTW as far as resolution goes yeah Ive tried all my resolution settings to make this car look proportional.

Looked up several pics of the 442 and imported those into 3DS Max 9, together with the car. A bit of scaling down the pics with paintshop later, I have to admit that it is indeed roughly 2 inches too small. Nothing that can't be fixed with a bit of stretching though.

And sorry if I sound like a d!ck, I guess that's just the way I write when I'm browsing the forums for coding I can't find. I'll try to be more carefull in my choice of words when replying to one of your future posts.

What I've noticed, SA also seem to squeeze the car out of proportions when it's exported to ingame.

So you basically have to make the entire car a bit wider to make it correct ... I'm not familiar with 3dsmax or Zmodeler, but isn't there an option in those apps to resize only one axis? That should solve it.