Intel i810

Delerious

I've got a new computer (Here!) and I was wondering, what's the best video card I could get for it? It's the Intel i810 chipset (PCI slots), and I was also wondering (for anyone else with this Mobo), does GTA3, VC, or SA work on it? Thanks.

Hey! You there! Check out this really cool forum! Here!

Wow, I don't know man.

PCI video card.. I've only used them for testing, they aren't made for gaming.

I don't think its up to par for these games.

If its a new computer, it will probably have PCI Express (aka PCIe) slots. That's what you want for the video card.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

If its a new computer, it will probably have PCI Express (aka PCIe) slots. That's what you want for the video card.

take a look at the link he posted.

That's the computer you got? I think the best you can get is Nvidia 6200 or ATI 9250...i think those are the names.

Wow, I don't know man.

PCI video card.. I've only used them for testing, they aren't made for gaming.

I don't think its up to par for these games.

Don't laugh, I'm currently running PCI with a 64mb GeForce4 MX 440 and I can get SA, VC and GTA III to run, only SA lags slightly.

You're going to need more HD space so you can fit an OS and the games, SA itself will already take up a third of 12 gigs.. San Andreas requires 256 MB of RAM, but it might still run with 128 MB.

The Geforce 6200 is PCI and should be compatible so it's probably your best bet.

I thought those PCs where obsolete bored.gif

Wow. I'm just speechless.

user posted image

user posted image

Yeah, the fact that you could only put a PCI card in that thing is the last of your worries.

But, you could run a PCI card that would handle GTA3, and Vice City fin, although you would encounter a small bit of congestion with San Andreas.

Wow..

8800 ftw. sigh.gif

take a look at the link he posted.

It's the "new computer" in the OP that threw me off. I see. So no AGP slot at all? It would have been better than a PCI.

Prior to filing a bug against any of my code, please consider this response to common concerns.

Ok, just read the whole thing and wow that PC should be burned. Why would you buy that haha.

Ok, just read the whole thing and wow that PC should be burned. Why would you buy that haha.

Way to be a dick. icon14.gif

Well, it is an absolete piece of tech. In the states, people can't give them away for free. I guess, in AU the tech is a bit more expensive (as in Europe), causing people to buy stuff like that.

Ah, it's not that bad. Besides, I'm pretty happy.

I've already got a hard drive that I salvaged from my old computer (40 gigs), so that should do the trick.

Also, I'm planning on upgrading to a Pentium III 1.5GHz, and I've got about 4 sticks of SD-RAM here (two 128s will do for now).

So I should get a Nvidia GeForce 6200?

Edit: Well, I looked for the 6200, and I found that it's only AGP and PCI Express compatible. Is there a different model?

http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_6200.html

Edited by Delerious
Hey! You there! Check out this really cool forum! Here!

Way to be a dick. icon14.gif

I wasn't being a dick, I was pointing out that as some other people have said that PC is at least 2 generations behind. Anyway, it's not like I'm lording my PC over him or anything, mines hardly top spec either.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.