Iron Maiden

Ph3L1z14n0

What's up guys, i am a BIG fan of Iron Maiden, if anything i think they are one of the greatest metal bands of all time, they in my opinion are TRUE rock, they carry the spirit, that's it.

I always liked how the lyrics refered to many things that were "epic-sized", for example getting hanged, which in real life would suck, but yet they make a fantastic song like "Hallowed Be Thy Name" or for example "No Prayer For The Dying" which refers only to the feeling of having nothing to lose, of course, a primary subject in Maiden's Lyrics are war.

My favorite Maiden Songs in no particular order are:

-The Wicker Man.

-Children Of The Damned.

-Como Estáis Amigos.

-The Clansman.

-The Fallen Angel.

-Hallowed Be Thy Name.

-2 Minutes To Midnight.

-For The Greater Good Of God.

-Phantom Of The Opera.

-Be Quick Or Be Dead.

And a lot more, count also Fear Of The Dark, The Number Of The Beast, etc.

Edited by Ph3L1z14n0

Oh yes, Iron Maiden is amazing. Phantom of the Opera, The Trooper and Remember Tomorrow are just genius.

I love iron maiden, i've been listening to them for quite a few years now. i am working on acquiring their whole discography, and i do have quite a few favs too

I will never get tired of hearing Fear of the dark live. such an awesome song, and i love to hear the crowd singing the lyrics too.

2 Minutes to midnight is also quite a classic, who could not love that song

I have been enjoying Phantom of the opera lately, and Caught somewhere in time too

Recently i have installed an old turntable in my room, and I have Piece of mind and Killers on vinyl records, needless to say, the sound is totally awesome.

what are your toughts on the last album ?

I love iron maiden, dude.

Fear Of The Dark, Powerslave, and Run To The Hills.

kdr9l4.png

There last album was boring as hell. I tried to get into it, but it just dragged on at ...and justice for all like proportions.

what are your toughts on the last album ?

IT SURPRISED ME, i never expected something like that, at first i really didn't like it, but like many maiden songs you have to get familiar with the lyrics, for example The Pilgrim which is about a crusader going home, or The Longest Day which is about D-Day.

Now it's definitely a very different Maiden album, if anything the Powerslave fans WILL be dissapointed, it's not your regular fool around album, that is some serious sh*t, i really appreciate how they still have it, many bands are not where they are, not many bands can brag about such a good album, Niko said it was a "masterpiece" and Harris said also that it was on his "top 5".

My favorite song of the album is definitely For The Greater Good Of God, almost 10 minutes of Pure Metal Pleasure cool.gif

if anything the Powerslave fans WILL be dissapointed

Powerslave is my favourite Maiden album, and I loved the newest album, so I don't know what you're going on about. tounge2.gif

No dough this post will get questions and and maybe even some fighting.

Powerslave is my favourite Maiden album, and I loved the newest album, so I don't know what you're going on about. tounge2.gif

Only real fans on Maiden would love A Matter Of Life And Death, it's a more deeper and profound album than Powerslave, now Powerslave was great, but it had that touch of Hard Rock swimming around, they feel very 80'ish in that album colgate.gif

Scarface187

There last album was boring as hell. I tried to get into it, but it just dragged on at ...and justice for all like proportions.

bored.gif

Though I was kind of pissed that they played all of it when I saw them then changed the setlist over seas.

Anyways, Maiden is one of my top 5 favorite bands of all time. Somewhere in Time > everything else. I enjoy all their albums though. Even the Blaze Bayley albums.

Powerslave is totally overrated I think though. Yes it has Rime of the Ancient Mariner which is one of my favorite songs from them as well as Aces High and 2 Minutes to Midnight but theres quite a bit of filler material in there I thought.

EDIT -

Only real fans on Maiden would love A Matter Of Life And Death

That seems kind of true I think. A lot of people complained a lot about it and said it was boring and crap like that but it was definatly the best album they've come out with in 10 years. Some chorus bits are repetitive but other than that its all good. Unless you have a short attention span.

Edited by Scarface187
user posted image

Only real fans on Maiden would love A Matter Of Life And Death, it's a more deeper and profound album than Powerslave, now Powerslave was great, but it had that touch of Hard Rock swimming around, they feel very 80'ish in that album colgate.gif

oh but i believe the last album could be a great way to introduce some people to Maiden.

If someone isn't a big fan of metal, and you make him/her listen to Powerslave at first, it's probably gonna give the wrong idea about iron maiden.

They still kept songs that were very melodical in A matter of life and death, but with a slower pace if i can say.

i love the new album, it really feels like it's new stuff, yet you know it's still the good old Iron Maiden.

TheDude5000

I'm currently into the whole Number Of The Beast album, more specifically, Hallowed Be Thy Name. Just an incredible song. Here's a live version from Rock In Rio:

I've also been watching the music video for "Wasted Years", another great track.

user posted image

Even the Blaze Bayley albums.

Virtual XI was a fantastic album, yes, Blaze does not have that much voice, but for some songs it was THE voice cool.gif

Scarface187
Even the Blaze Bayley albums.

Virtual XI was a fantastic album, yes, Blaze does not have that much voice, but for some songs it was THE voice cool.gif

Eh, I didn't really like that one so much. I prefer X-Factor over it even though it does contain The Clansman. The performance of that on the Rock in Rio DVD is great.

user posted image

Agreed.

Powerslave, their best album by far, but to be honest all their albums are great. I never get sick of them. I really like their first album with Paul D'Annio too, especially Sanctuary.

--CellTech--

I use to listen to a lot of maiden it's pretty big where im from.

Big fan of these guys. I pretty much have no preference over any album they have. All of them are great IMO. Rock in Rio was f*cking awesome. I have tees, the DVD and even re-bought it in the form of a UMD video for my psp inlove.gif

user posted image

user posted image

Powerslave, their best album by far

................ i wouldn't say so, Virtual XI is better and Number Of The Beast is EVEN better, Powerslave was a great album, the problem was that it marked the beggining of a weird experimental area, which pissed Adrian Smith, forcing his departure confused.gif

Scarface187
Powerslave, their best album by far

................ i wouldn't say so, Virtual XI is better and Number Of The Beast is EVEN better, Powerslave was a great album, the problem was that it marked the beggining of a weird experimental area, which pissed Adrian Smith, forcing his departure confused.gif

I didn't know thats why he left the band.

and wtf, Virtual XI better? bored.gif

Eh, to each his own.

user posted image

wtf, Virtual XI better? bored.gif

Maybe overall not the best album, but still powerslave it's a fantastic album, people will like it more because it's more appealing to the audience

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.