Loading Screen Freezes

h4mza

I use 'San Andreas Mod Installer' for installing Car Mods, but the game freezes even if i use one Mod, My Computer is 448MB of RAM does it more or summat, please help, im very desperate to play with Mods

For PC

Edited by h4mza

Ring_of_Fire

Mods don't suport v2.0 (Second Edition) of San Andreas. If you have Windows Vista, mods ain't going to work unless you turn on compaitiblity mode and run it as an admin. Mods also mess up San Andreas if it is not installed correctly - I suggest you uninstall 'em.

My Computer is 448MB of RAM does it more or summat, please help,

Yeah, it helps to have a decent computer. What are your other specs?

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

Mods don't suport v2.0 (Second Edition) of San Andreas.

This is most likely the problem. Run a Google search for a "downgrader" to replace your game's EXE. This will enable modding.

Also note that it's often best to learn the manual method of mod installation. Such "mod installers" can cause confusion as to exactly where in the install process the error is occurring. If you do it all yourself, you'll have no problems pinpointing where you're going wrong.

MAN!!! angry.gif I used IMG tool, opened gta.img and replaced two files with the ones i downloaded and STILL the game stops halfway through the loading screen, How on earth can i Install Mods, Please Help i kept Installing and Uninstalling the game Several times

grahamdodds9
MAN!!! angry.gif I used IMG tool, opened gta.img and replaced two files with the ones i downloaded and STILL the game stops halfway through the loading screen, How on earth can i Install Mods, Please Help i kept Installing and Uninstalling the game Several times

If you downgraded to version 1, you should be able to install mods in the game. Mod installer is perfect.

When you replace the files in gta3.img file, after that you must add the new handling for the new car your adding.

And the car colours. Read the Readme to tell you what to change in the files, because you have to edit a few files

after replacing the files in gta3.img.

Moved into the BUSTED group upon request.

MAN!!!  angry.gif  I used IMG tool, opened gta.img and replaced two files with the ones i downloaded and STILL the game stops halfway through the loading screen, How on earth can i Install Mods, Please Help i kept Installing and Uninstalling the game Several times

If you downgraded to version 1, you should be able to install mods in the game. Mod installer is perfect.

When you replace the files in gta3.img file, after that you must add the new handling for the new car your adding.

And the car colours. Read the Readme to tell you what to change in the files, because you have to edit a few files

Changing the handling, vehicle etc. lines are not needed. But If You mod version 2 or you delete some files from gta3.img without replacing them OR if You have to same named files in the gta3.img, the game freezes.

grahamdodds9
MAN!!!  angry.gif  I used IMG tool, opened gta.img and replaced two files with the ones i downloaded and STILL the game stops halfway through the loading screen, How on earth can i Install Mods, Please Help i kept Installing and Uninstalling the game Several times

Changing the handling, vehicle etc. lines are not needed. But If You mod version 2 or you delete some files from gta3.img without replacing them OR if You have to same named files in the gta3.img, the game freezes.

I thought you had to change the handling, cause it gives you lines in the readme telling you the handling, car colours, etc.

If it's still crashing even installing in V1 of san andreas, you must be installing mods incorrectly, or it musn't have succesfully

downgraded san andreas to V1.

I tried to install enterable buildings mod and same thing happened

it freezed but all car mods work on my pc

confused.gif

I used IMG Tool, opened gta3.img, Replaced Turismo.dff and Turismo.txd to the ones in

http://www.thegtaplace.com/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=982

Then i close IMG Tool and Load the game, and it Freezes halfway angry.gifangry.gif

I've been Hearing something about GTA Garage Mod Manager, and Alci's IMG Editor 1.5, but will these two work on Version 2???

• 2 weeks later...
grahamdodds9
Any Help?

You can make V2 moddable, but it's easier to downgrade to V1.

Yeah, try gta garage mod manager, and Alci's IMG Editor 1.5,

Also, which version of IMG Tool were you using?

Yes i have Version 2, Please give me the Link to get Downgrader, I google searched it and can't find which one it is, its comes wit PSP s*** and that.