Making houses accessible

hmvartak

Please, someone tell me how to make houses accessible. I'm using in this code.

0A40: $MARKER = create_entrance_marker_at 2469.496 -1646.348 13.7801 color 14 :label10001: wait  0 ms00D6: if00FF:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR 0 2469.496 -1646.348 13.7801 radius 1.0 1.0 2.0 004D: jf @label104BB: select_interior 2 // select render area 0860: link_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR to_interior 2 00A1: put_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR at 264.7735 1294.072 1080.258

This code creates yellow marker at doors, but black hell when I get in.

I want to make some houses in ganton enterable. I've already made them enterable by modding IPL files. But the problem is that, I assigned same interior(LAHS2A) to all houses and when I create a save pickup in any one of those houses, they starts appearing in all other houses(since they have same space co-ordinates). Also when I use opcode 07FB, it makes all houses accessible or inaccessible simultaneously. This is very problematic while making new buyable houses. So I think it will be better to edit main.scm instead of IPL files.

Thank you!

To avoid the "black hell" you may need to set interior colors. There is an opcode for this.

You answered your own question regarding the save points - if you're assigning just one master interior and put a save in it, it will show up in that interior all the time.

I would use the "save" interior for some of your houses, and maybe use another for non-save houses.

0A40: $MARKER = create_entrance_marker_at 2469.496 -1646.348 13.7801 color 14 :label10001: wait  0 ms00D6: if00FF:   actor $PLAYER_ACTOR 0 2469.496 -1646.348 13.7801 radius 1.0 1.0 2.0 004D: jf @label104BB: select_interior 2 // select render area 0860: link_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR to_interior 2 04F9: interior_colors 1 000A1: put_actor $PLAYER_ACTOR at 264.7735 1294.072 1080.258

It still not working. sad.gif I don't know how to use 04F9. It has two parameters but no description in database.

Have you tried using other interiors? I'm not going to give it away, since it only took me about four or five minutes to figure out (and I'm confident you could do it too), but I WILL tell you that when you leave the interior, you'll wind up in San Fiero, at a four way stop, with a four star wanted level. To fix this, you'll need to change the ENEX section for that apartment to where ever your origin will be (in this case, Ganton).

The interior_colors opcode changes the "tint" you see while inside the...interior. tounge.gif The first number is your colors (not sure of the exact list) and the second seems to always be 0. If you look through the script, you'll see about three our four different numbers for the first parameter; you can play with these to get the atmosphere of the interior you wind up using.

When debugging your code, or trying out something new, you may want look into other parameters inside the other opcodes you are working with, because they may (as in this case) affect what is causing your particular problem.