Take-Two Telling Major Retailers "March"

Jordan

I realize after spending more than ten years on the internet that a retailers release date is sometimes the most inaccurate thing in the world, but just one day after the delay was announced, Take-Two is telling major retailers corporate offices that the game will be out now in March.

March. We can hope March over April.

And no, I didn't make a call to one EB Games store to get this info. I got it some other way.

I feel confident in this.

Yeah EB called me with an automated message just to rub the delay in my face. Than it said March, which is better than April if it's true.

G MONEY $$$

Well at least we have something a bit more reliable than automated messages from the stores. Thanks for the update Jordan. smile.gif

I forgot to say that, in order for these major gaming retailers to properly adjust their quarterly financial guidance reports, gaming developers realize that they can't give retailers such a vague 3-month span of time for a release date as they did yesterday for the general public.

Vanilla Shake

I got a call from GameStop saying that my pre-order will be held until the game releases in "March".

So yeah, it may not be 'official', but it's something to give us hope.

TC718 / <629 / CF5

NGEh8XV.png

fitbikesbmx

Well if thats true, then thats the best news we could hope for. March is still quite a while away but at least it will be out early next year.

Well I dont know why, but I feel that they are telling people this so that just in case the game does take that long to fix, there will be no surprises. I think if all is well the game will be out before christmas, but saying this keeps them from being ridiculed for a second delay.

FelipeVinhao

The news came too late. We'll have a mass suicide due to delay topic.

AndyGanteks

Show me a link then i'll belive you

Just kidding i belive you and i predicted it will be march just like when VCS came for ps2!!

fitbikesbmx
Well I dont know why, but I feel that they are telling people this so that just in case the game does take that long to fix, there will be no surprises. I think if all is well the game will be out before christmas, but saying this keeps them from being ridiculed for a second delay.

I wondered about that all night last night, no joke, I didn't sleep much at all. Just think about how devastated we all are, and imagine how Rockstar would be our heroes for life if they brought the game out sometime this year...

I wondered about that all night last night, no joke, I didn't sleep much at all. Just think about how devastated we all are, and imagine how Rockstar would be our heroes for life if they brought the game out sometime this year...

It definitely is wishful thinking. icon14.gif

Game Stop told me April 20-something. I forget the exact date.

I went there to pre-order Madden......

I WAS WRONG

I actually preordered it on Wednesday at the Gamestop in the mall, oddly enough.

But they haven't called me yet. sad.gif

4theloveofGTA

Well, all of this sounds good to me. I'll take the game being released in March over April anytime.

BTW, manofpeace, love you sig. tounge.gif

i got the same message yet on the rockstar warehouse website to preorder it still says October 2007

user posted image

Blind Joe Death

I really do hope March is the latest it will be released. And since March is about 5 months after the initial release date that should be more than enough time to fix up all the bugs and glitches so they can release GTA IV at it's absolute maximum potential.

Thanks for the info Jordan.

OysterBarron
I forgot to say that, in order for these major gaming retailers to properly adjust their quarterly financial guidance reports, gaming developers realize that they can't give retailers such a vague 3-month span of time for a release date as they did yesterday for the general public.

looks like rockstars books arnt the only ones that are going to have to be redone i bet all these retailers ar egoing mental having to do there returns again. Take2 wants to tread lightly in fuure or they may find retailers sticking there fingers up a ockstar because of all the money they lost them this year

wtBEybp.png

gLs7a8h.png
MODQEwD.png

ut2k4wikichici

EB Games US/AU is saying 3rd of march. inlove.gif

I really hope so biggrin.gif , also glad to see PAL and NTSC versions of the game come out at the same time rah.gif (tried of waiting for PAL versions anuj_cop.gif , i live in Australia you see cool.gif )

I actually welcome the delay devil.gif (Release date fanatics...... do not kill me anuj_cop.gif)

Gives me more time to choose between PS3 icon14.gif and X360 icon13.giftounge2.gif (Price,Over performance, titles ect.) and save up for either , also they should be cheaper when GTA:IV is released. sly.gif

I actually welcome the delay devil.gif (Release date fanatics...... do not kill me anuj_cop.gif)

Gives me more time to choose between PS3 icon14.gif and X360 icon13.giftounge2.gif (Price,Over performance, titles ect.) and save up for either , also they should be cheaper when GTA:IV is released. sly.gif

same here, i havent upgraded to next-gen yet

PS3: Buy now while it is available for $500.

360: Buy later when you have a higher chance of getting a new one with a heatsink. If you buy now, you have a good chance of getting an older one with no heatsink. Sure MS replaces/refurbishes it for free but who wants to be playing on their multi-hundred dollar machine and suddenly see it give you red lights and then know that they can't play for two weeks while they wait for a replacement?

G twenty-nine

Nah, it's going to be April 1st, and they will say "Just kidding, there is no more GTA!"

But no, it's really going to be released on March 29, as my user name says and which happens to be the same day the first trailer was released.

Supernautus

OK, yeah, there are 360s which may still suffer from the ring of death, but not all release 360s have done that, I've had mine since release and it still has never had the red ring, ever. To be honest, games retailers may be happy now that the game is delayed a little, because there are a LOT of good games coming out in the next 5 months. Assasins Creed, Mass Effect, Two Worlds, Bioshock, Halo 3, Jericho, Fable 2, Half Life 2 Orange Box, Stranglehold (not out yet in the UK), Splinter Cell Conviction, Call Of Duty 4, Quake Wars, unreal Tournament 3 and lots more, they can make their money from these excellent, and long awaited titles.

Edited by Supernautus

Thanks very much for the heads up, Jordan. Any amount closer is a good thing turn.gif

user posted image

Take Two CEO Ben Feder said, "Putting 'Grand Theft Auto IV' out in the Easter season or so isn't necessarily the worst thing in the world for (retailers.)" Link

Easter in the western world is March 23. The release date is somewhere within Feder's idea of "season" and "or so." If it slips into April they can say Niko is Eastern European so they actually meant Eastern Orthodox Easter which is April 27.

i got dis e mail

Hi Vinnie,

Thanks for the email. Grand Theft Auto IV is currently scheduled to be released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in early 2008.

Cheers,

Rockstar Games