Post Wrappers

GTA3Rockstar

GTA3Rockstar
Ever come back? I miss them and with things gone from the forums, I think it wouldn't make a big difference or anything. Just a thought. Thanks icon14.gif

fbeRElG.png

A big difference? Refer to the way your post looks like a steaming pile of turd for "a big difference".

ph34r.gif

No, hopefully.

I like the forum the way it is now, makes posts alot easier to read. Instead of people posting like your post there.

user posted image

GTA3Rockstar
No, hopefully.

I like the forum the way it is now, makes posts alot easier to read. Instead of people posting like your post there.

It was just an example to how it was before but my post wrapper was cool. icon14.gif Yea but it was a cool tool but maybe they can allow it back, who knows.

fbeRElG.png

I think it was the major cause for all the 500's a while back, we don't want that again.

in5dJdX.png

ThaddeusMcKlown

IIRC the staff removed it to keep people form using horrid, god-ugly fonts and colors such as the first post in this topic tounge.gif

But yeah I think the staff got rid of it more for the ugliness factor than the server strain... but my memory's a bit hazy, I could be wrong.

Against the grain, against the odds, against the world

Forever the underdogs

We are the bastard sons
We are the ones that refuse to grow cold
We are the thorn in your side
We are the thieves in the night
And we're coming to take what's ours

...but my memory's a bit hazy...

Silly stoner. tounge2.gif

Post wrappers were cool and there were a few people who could use them properly, but many who couldn't. I miss them, but it's not the end of the world. Plus, I'm pretty sure someone could write some custom JS to use for Firefox/Opera that would input it before post submission. In fact, I'll look in to that.

biggrin.gif

edit: Wait, does FF even offer user JS? I can't seem to find it... sad.gif

Edited by TheRoper