How best to take over Gang areas

collinsc

Help!

I am really struggling to take over quite a lot of gang areas- i just keep getting nailed.

I dont want to cheat- but im getting to that stage!

Advice appreciated.

Thanks

You can steal a Rhino from the Area 69 in Bone County and wipe your enemies clean in the matter of seconds, or you can use Vulcan Mini Gun, which is also a very powerful weapon. You also can recruit gang members to help you out, but most of the time they are useless.

I like to get on the roof of a building and kill the other gang members from there. I also use the mini-gun, like CCPD says. And the Molotov cocktails are very useful too.

thanks for advice.

I should have added- its really late on in the game and everyone is 'rioting'therefore i cant actually find any gang members to kill!

i end up shooting any old person to get a reaction and then the cops come!

please help...! i think im going to have to cheat otherwise...!

basically- i cant find any gang members to fight with as they are rioting!

major underscore

There are two things that you need to think about to start a territory gang war:

1 - Stay in the territory that you want to seize. If you run around into different territories to kill enemy gang members, the gang member kill count for your attempt at gang warfare will reset. So stay in one area until it's done or bail if thing go bad.

2 - Some gang members are on foot and some are in cars. It may be easier to attack those who drive in cars, since they will keep respawning and coming your way even if you only have a very small territory to move in.

I hope that this will help you some. smile.gif

Finish the game so that the riot stops and only then start taking over the territories.

Finish the game so that the riot stops and only then start taking over the territories.

He probably needs the required number of territories in order to start "End of the Line," which means he needs the territories before the riots stop.

If you have a save before the riots, it may be worth going back and getting territories (I think you need 21 total, not completely sure) first. If you don't, well all I can say is hang around one area, move back and forth within it and eventually you'll find gang members. Also, since your problem is a lack of gang members I'm not sure cheating would help.

you are right- im in the catch 22 position you mention.

i have no save version that far back. im screwed...

i think ill have to quit. is end of the line the last mission?

what happens?

i have 24 territories already...!

how about if i gain a few more territories in temple where there are no riots, would that work!?

Yeah, that sounds like a good strategy considering your situation.

Also, you might be able to finish the game now, here'a quote fron Glenster's guide:

You need 35% (about 19) or more of the gang territories to finish the game.

Get all of them and C.J. won't be attacked by rival gang members again.

thanks- but that quote is wrong! cos i cant get this key thing off my date as i supposedly havent taken over enough territories- and im on 24 !

i cant get this key thing off my date as i supposedly havent taken over enough territories- and im on 24 !
You don't have to take over territories to get the key card from Millie in Las Venturas, if that's what you mean by the above quote. You just need to date Millie to 35% to get the key card. Put on the Gimp suit & go see her from 12:00 to 22:00.

Here's a link to <glenster's guide>.

Edited by JAJ

do i have to wear the gimp suit to date her?

or i date her and then i get a gimp suit?

where do i get the gimp suit from?

where is the best place to take her for a date?- whats the quickest way to get to 35 % !

thanks!

You get the Gimp suit during the 'Key to her Heart' mission. You don't have to wear the Gimp suit to date her, it just goes faster when you do, you'll see when you try it! wink.gifHere's a link to a girlfriend guide.

I added a link to glenster's guide above, it should help with all other game questions.

so am i close to the end of the game now!?

Depends on your definition of "end of the game." Since you are in the riots, you are one or two missions away from the final storyline mission.

Since you mention the key card, I assume you haven't done the heist at Caligula's yet, which is a side mission strain. Also, we don't know if you've done Zero's missions yet (another side mission strain), so you may or may not be close to finishing all main missions.

Then there's the matter of getting to 100% game completion, which depending on how many side missions you've done could be a bit off.

CheatingSoi

I used to have trobouble taking over territory but i got really good. I find them increiably easy now and I never die. You just run away then turn around and wait and fire. I went from 35% to 100% in one day because even the I beat the game it didnt feel like it cuz every 2 seconds "Your "hood" is under attack" came up.