The Missle Defense System of Area 69

gamemastr99

gamemastr99

I have done this and I dont know if anybody else has but if you go to the missile lauchers around area 69 and blow one up with a grenade, satchel, or rocket, they will blow up to pieces. This also can happen to the ones on the boat in the FBI harbor in San Fierro. If this is already widely known, then u can lock this topic. rahkstar2.gif

I'm not going to say it's "widely" known, but I knew it. Didn't think much of it, really. I often swoop into Area 69 in a Shamal, bail out, take out as many SAM sites as I can reach and leave in a Hydra. Since in Vertical Bird you are told to simply deactivate the SAM site, I guess I can see a lot of people not knowing they're destructible. I may be wrong, but if I remember correctly you can even target them with a heat-seeking rocket launcher or the Hydra.

EDIT: Well, I just tried with the Hydra and it seems you can't lock on. Guess you just have to have good aim. Taking one out in a Rustler would be an interesting feat...

Edited by jnsg

HolyGrenadeFrenzy

If you fly right on top of it with the BP/EP/FP/DP Maverick it will fire and blow itself up!