Help in making mod

Jang01

Can Someone please help me?

i tried making this mod where when you had a wanted level you could put your hands by pressing Group-Forward+Group-backward but i cant get it to work sad.gif

here's the code

:GOAWAY03A4: name_thread 'GOAWAY':GOAWAY_3:GOAWAY_100D6: if 09E7:   player $PLAYER_CHAR not_frozen 00D6: if010F:   player $PLAYER_CHAR wanted_level > 200E1:   key_pressed 0 800E1:   key_pressed 0 9 0605: actor $PLAYER_CHAR perform_animation_sequence "HANDSUP" from_file "PED" 4.0 loop 0 0 0 0 -1 ms  0110: clear_player $PLAYER_CHAR wanted_level

can sum1 plz help me? it's my first time scripting and i want 2 make this mod work smile.gif

Get rid of the GOAWAY3 label - it doesn't achieve anything. At the end of the thread you'll want to jump back to GO_AWAY1 so it can repeat every time you perform the action. As always, with a loop, you'll need a wait (even of zero ms), so whack that in just under the GO_AWAY1. You'll also want to check to see if the player is defined before referencing him, and you need a jump_if_false opcode to run in the case of the player not satisfying either/both ifs - probably just set them to jump back to GO_AWAY1.

You are doing the basic stuff like creating the thread, aren't you?

Yea, i'v created the thread and stuff

Thanx 4 the help!!! Greatly Appreciated!!

EDIT: this is now what the code looks like:

:GOAWAY03A4: name_thread 'GOAWAY':GOAWAY_10001: wait 0 ms0256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined  00D6: if 09E7:   player $PLAYER_CHAR not_frozen 00D6: if010F:   player $PLAYER_CHAR wanted_level > 2004D: jump_if_false @GOAWAY_100D6: if and 00E1:   key_pressed 0 800E1:   key_pressed 0 9 0605: actor $PLAYER_CHAR perform_animation_sequence "HANDSUP" from_file "PED" 4.0 loop 0 0 0 0 -1 ms  0110: clear_player $PLAYER_CHAR wanted_level004D: jump_if_false @GOAWAY_10002: jump @GOAWAY_1

but Cj won't put his hands up and it won't Get rid of the Wanted level whatsthat.gif do you know how to fix this?

Edited by Jang01

You really need to maintain the proper order for IF conditions - first of all the "00D6: if X" line (can be omitted if there's just one condition to check) then the condition, then the "004D: jump_if_false @nowhere" line. The check can't serve any purpose without it! Finally the instructions that are to be executed if the conditional check returns true.

So your code should look like this (including 1 omittable line):

:GOAWAY03A4: name_thread 'GOAWAY':GOAWAY_10001: wait 250 ms00D6: if0256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined 004D: jump_if_false @GOAWAY_1 00D6: if and09E7:   player $PLAYER_CHAR not_frozen010F:   player $PLAYER_CHAR wanted_level > 200E1:   key_pressed 0 800E1:   key_pressed 0 9004D: jump_if_false @GOAWAY_10605: actor $PLAYER_CHAR perform_animation_sequence "HANDSUP" from_file "PED" 4.0 loop 0 0 0 0 -1 ms  0110: clear_player $PLAYER_CHAR wanted_level0002: jump @GOAWAY_1

Don't forget the create_thread line to make the game read your code.

nupp. mercie_blink.gif still won't work dozingoff.gif

can sum1 test it on SA then tell me if it works and how to install it correctly

Gr8 thanks to Fuzzy Juzzy and SteaVor

This things gunna work soon cool.gif i just know it!!

(coz spaceeinstein did it in his All-In-One mod for Vice-City)

The code looks good, so it should work. Are you sure that you added a create_thread @GOAWAY ? An easy way to check if the thread is running would be putting something below the name_thread line that prompts a visual change, like 0109 (increases player money). If this does work (i.e. the thread is indeed running), press the keys and hold them to test if it responds.

• 2 weeks later...

colgate.gifcolgate.gif thanx guys!!!! got it workin the other day after tweaking it a bit more cool.gif i'm gonna try to create more, so i'll post my ideas in this topic tounge.gif

I'v learnt a far bit about scripting now, so Thanx again biggrin.gif

Sorry for double posting tounge.gif

but how do you create a red sphere to start a mission?

and where do you put the code? notify.gif

As always: imitate existing code. And SA has PLENTY of examples for what you're trying to achieve, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

I'm such a noob tounge.gif

thanx SteaVor, It's like the 4th/5th time u'v helped me inlove.gif lol

Well, now i need to know how to make savepoints and garages

I'v looked through the PSAVE1 bit of the script, couldn't understand it and asking if anyone knows how to do it or if their are and Tutorials.

And garages, just need to know how to script them or code them in the ipl notify.gif

EDIT: X>is there a program to look through the animations?<X - found one

Edited by Jang01

found out how to do garages & saves. alien.gif

Can someone tell me which External Script/ Thread is the paramedics reviving bit? notify.gif

If you mean the paramedics reviving dead peds, I think that's hardcoded (exe). Though you can turn the paramedics showing up on and off completely via the scm.

Can someone tell me how to spawn vehicles in a Stripped SCM?

When I try the game freezes on me and says the "SA has encountered an error" thingy

Thanks

Edited by Jang01

Okay, I've now got a new idea:

The Revivor Mod!!! cool.gif

the revivor mod will include:

Hands-Up mod - If Cj has wanted level and TAB+SPACE-BAR is pressed, wanted level will decrease by one.

Paramed Revive - If someone around CJ dies, CJ has to be in crouch mode over the dead body and pressed TAB+ALT to make the dead person come back to life.

Advanced Packer Mod - Paval has made this Driver mod, but i just wanna know the code of the APM.

Maybe/ Not Sure:

Heli-Homie Mod: If CJ is in a Helicopter with homies, If TAB+Y+N is pressed, homies will slide down from helicopter like SWAT does when you've got 5-Star

Need some People to help me on the code notify.gif

Edited by Jang01

• 3 weeks later...

Lately, i've been doin stuff with my buddies, so i couldn't do much tounge.gif but now i'm back and need some help blush.gif

I'm currently editing the Hands-up mod and making tweaks to parts of game. (eg. at Catalina's shack along with her Bravura, she will also have a sanchez) also making some stunt help spots tounge.gif

• 2 weeks later...

It maybe asking much. but can you be able to make more buy-able buildings? like...

Diner near Gant Bridge: an asset that produces money

Colonel Furgburgers(or wateva): buy-able after that sneaking mission for a safe house! tounge.gif

Good Luck icon14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Rosso07, that's a good idea and I'm gonna try and put that in there too.

Just had another idea though, and i would like some opinions about it;

Drive In Mod: I noticed a drive in movie place at Fort Carson and thought if when you had a girlfriend, you could take her there to watch a movie notify.gif

• 3 weeks later...

for your 'hands up' mod maybe you could make it that it costs money to do it - like a fine - otherwise you ould do it any time you want, and that doesn't happen in real life, good mod idea anyway icon14.gif