How do I save to a memory card?

skoggins

I know this is a dumb question, but I can't figure out how to save my GTA SA Xbox game to a controller memory card. I bought an 8mb memory card and when i load the Xbox without a game, I can see the card. When I'm playing the game and I go to save, I don't have any option to pick the memory card, it just saves to the hard drive. What do i need to do to save onto the memory card?

I should add that I've never used a memory card before, so i really don't know anything about it.

Thanks!

Ring_of_Fire

Make sure you are using an official Microsoft Xbox memory card, and not any 3rd-Party ones.

Also, please consult the Xbox console's user manual and the San Andreas game's manual as well. Pretty sure it has something to do with BIOS editing. I hope you aren't emulating the game on an Xbox 360/Elite?

Thanks for the response.

I'm playing on the original Xbox. It is a Microsoft Memory card, and I read the GTA SA Manual and the Xbox Manual, but I don't see anything about how to save. What should it do? Give me an option to save to either the hard drive or memory card when I go to the save spots in the game?

Edited by skoggins

Ring_of_Fire

Try going to the BIOS (startup screen) for your XBOX and look around for ideas. If no luck, try doing this in San Andreas for more ideas.

Did you read the memory card's manual? biggrin.gif

Give me an option to save to either the hard drive or memory card when I go to the save spots in the game?

Yes, I think so. Maybe the game only supports the Xbox hard drive? If not, try unplugging the hard drive out of the console and leave only the memory card inside? confused.gif

Edited by Ring_of_Fire