3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

VictorVance2006

The Most Underrated GTA Ever

computer g3mer

Wow. I know you feel strongly about VCS I just think VC was better because there were harder missions, it was ahead of it's time, with the clothes, boats, buying businesses and great characters.

VCS is good, but really doesn't add much to VC. Swimming is fun but having your businesses attacked every 10 minutes gets boring fast, and the business missions were a little more boring I find.

Anyway, VCS can still be a rip off even if it was a prequel. Yes, it does explain a lot about Lance, but was made after VC, and was really just trying to cash in of the success of VC, like LCS.

That is why I always rank the original GTA Games higher than the psp releases. And when it comes to features, I still think VC was better. RC Races, Collecting cars, car racing, bus driving etc. But don't go overboard with me thinking VCS is crap- I don't- it was just not as good as any of the other releases for the reasons I have already stated. I don't want to get into a fat argument about this, I'm just expressing why I feel VCS didn't add much to the GTA series.

Flesh-n-Bone

OK, I'm going to point out every reason you had in my own view. But remember I don't hate VC or think it's bad, I love the game, just not as much as the other GTA's.

Harder missions? VC and LCS for me have the easiest missions. VCS had some real hard missions like Turn On, Tune In and High Wire that can give you loads of trouble.

Clothes - I think VCS has the coolest clothes from any GTA ever.

Boats - They are the same and VCS even has more like Jetski's.

Buying businesses - It's the same in VCS just they don't act exactly too similar.

Characters - VCS has some of my fav characters while in VC I only liked Lance.

Business attacked every 10 min? You can avoid it by saving and reloading, the missions did get repetitive but that's because they were not part of the storyline.

Features?

RC races - f*ck rc's, I am so glad they weren't in VCS.

Collecting cars? - Remember Civil Asset Forfeiture Impound? You export cars to there as well.

Car racing - there are turismo races in VCS as well.

My points.

computer g3mer

Yeah well alrite, but there were only about 4 characters added to stories- reni, the mendez brothers and vic. None of them did anything for me. Jetskis were actually cool, but I preffered the boat stunts in VC and I just loved the storyline more. The Scarface ref to me gives it tat bit more character.

And the only mission I stuggled with in VCS is jive dive, but I was doing it on the psp. In VC you got Phen Phnom '86, the fastest boat (cool mission, no?) rub out,cop land, no escape, the driver, the job. I just found VC cooler, even though VCS music had a lot which was actually really good, if not better than VC.

Both games are good, but I prefer the original.

Edited by computer g3mer

Flesh-n-Bone

True. And what do you mean by name of all these missions? Were they hard or fun missions? Because none of them ever gave me a hard time and I beat them all on first try. Hell I don't know what happens if the chopper explodes during Phnom Penh 86. Fastest Boat is nothing special, it's pretty much like Steal the Deal from VCS but the latter has more action. Rub Out is my fav missions on VC but not hard at all. The rest may be hard first time but I find them easy now as well.

Coolyfett
you VCS guys can have your opinions!!!!

I once thought that Chinatown Wars was the most hated game in GTA, now I think it is Vice City Stories. It really gets no love whatsoever! Sad too, I liked the game so much I stopped playing it just so I can really take the time to play it. I think it all depends on when you grew up. If you grew up in the 90's VCS is not going to be all that appealing, the fake Rambo/Rocky & fake Smerf commercials will not be funny to you, nor will the style of clothes and scenery be a good fit. The VCS forum is basically dead. I just got the game, but there is hardly anyone on this section to even blog with, due to the fact no one has it. Everyone loves GTA IV... confused.gif VCS is a really good game. Sad to say it will never get those love it deserves.

Durka Durka Mahn

Mission wise I didn't really like VCS, and I absolutely hate Vice City (the city itself) because it is so damn flat and there's nowhere to have any fun off road.

Flesh-n-Bone
you VCS guys can have your opinions!!!!

I once thought that Chinatown Wars was the most hated game in GTA, now I think it is Vice City Stories. It really gets no love whatsoever! Sad too, I liked the game so much I stopped playing it just so I can really take the time to play it. I think it all depends on when you grew up. If you grew up in the 90's VCS is not going to be all that appealing, the fake Rambo/Rocky & fake Smerf commercials will not be funny to you, nor will the style of clothes and scenery be a good fit. The VCS forum is basically dead. I just got the game, but there is hardly anyone on this section to even blog with, due to the fact no one has it. Everyone loves GTA IV... confused.gif VCS is a really good game. Sad to say it will never get those love it deserves.

VCS is the most hated GTA (3D), excluding GTA2, the original and Advance likes. I just don't get why so many people always focus more on the negative when it comes to this game. I am not from the 80's yet I love VCS and it's vibe and all.

Rucke

I can't undestand why VCS is so underrated. Lots of things to do, nice cars, nice safehouses. The only thing I don't like with the game is the prontagonist. But I really can't say that I like Toni from LCS more than Vic. VCS is a great game.

Flesh-n-Bone
I can't undestand why VCS is so underrated. Lots of things to do, nice cars, nice safehouses. The only thing I don't like with the game is the prontagonist. But I really can't say that I like Toni from LCS more than Vic. VCS is a great game.

lol, Vic Vance is my main favorite from the whole game. I mean if I would have to write my positive views on the game in order then it would be something like this:

1. Vic Vance

2. The awesome 80's vibe

3. The fun missions (Light My Pyre, Last Stand, Unfriendly Competition)

4. Amazing outfits

5. Improved city

6. Jetskis

7. Good storyline

8. Pretty cool features

9. The only GTA I can continue to 100% as much as I want without any trouble or such.

10. Side-missions are in this game really fun and you just want to play them all the time.

computer g3mer

Reasons why I think VC is underated:

1- The original 80's vibe made III look like a funeral

2- First Mission made charactars seem interesting

3- Colour of sky, orange, blue, pink

4- Great Radio, synthesisers ad, I ran, Michael Jackson

5- Bikes. First game with bikes, you could hear the wind blow against you

6- Boat stunting was introduced

7- Buying Safehouses, the condo etc

8- Great prontaganist , made me enjoy it more

9- Buying Businesses was fun, and earning the money

10- Zebra taxis, stealing tanks, helis,

11- Gang wars with haitains and cubans was fun

12- The skimmer plane, the only plane in VC

13- Side missions like bus driving, pizza delivery, selling drugsin ice cream vans

14- Improved Interiors in safehouses

15- RC and street racing, thus gave SA the great street racing missions

16- Contruction site, place for a great mission, demolition man, as well as fun to

explore in,

17- Malibu.

18- Unique missions, jumping buildings on bikes, stealing boats etc

19- Great storyline and ending

20- Still plenty to do once finished game

Reasons why maybe VCS is underated:

1- Interesting Variations from old VC

2- Interesting Storyline

3- Lance looks like a geek

4- Jetskis

5- PSP

6- Fun Missions

Reasons why IV is overated

1- Multiplayer is good, but can get boring

2- Not a lot of Side Missions

3- Annoying phone calls

4- Not enough clothing

5- Not enough waepons, no mingun like in SA and VC

6- No countryside or greenery, desert etc

7- First missions are boring. Saving your cousin, making a phone call

8- Not enough missions, in SA there were 144

9- You can die from hitting into another car

There, now everyone can agree.......(waits for angry reply)

Edited by computer g3mer

Flesh-n-Bone

I agree with the IV points in many ways. For VCS there are way more things I can think of. But how could I forget about radio stations?

igloo

I think Vice City was the most underrated GTA.

Vice City? Underrated? It's the best selling game on Playstation 2. Ever.

It's not underrated, it's just getting old sad.gif (not to me though)

computer g3mer

wow I didn't know that. Well it was the best game for me.

Vercetti27

Funny how people post this thread in the forum for the worst GTA Games ever whatsthat.gif

Vice City and Liberty City Stories are the most underated games by miles. VCS is sh*t. Ripped off the old game, Vic was a boring c*nt and the missions were so bloody easy- and there were only 50 of them.

Once I completed this I thought it was a waste of time.

Coolyfett

Seems like VC fans hate VCS the most. Its pretty stupid. The guy above me doesn't even know the true definition of Underrated...what a n00b.

Vercetti27

no0b? Isn't that (no offence) what computer nerds/geeks say sly.gif

Anyway, VCS really did f*ck up what was a good city. Underated means games that didn't get enough good reception, like LCS. Just because it's a story game people assume it sin't very good.

VC was underated becuase it had the best atmosphere , music, missions and gameplay, yet there are people who still prefer GTA 2, III AND IV.

VCS is a poor game which was full of glitches and pretty campy/pointless/easy missions. VCS wasn't a real GTA.

Flesh-n-Bone

LOL. VCS improved the 'awesome' city you are yapping about. VCS is way better than LCS and the missions are awesome.

computer g3mer

I think VCS is the worst GTA ps2 game, but even I think that your being a bit harsh here. There were plenty of good missions, alrite, they were easy and VC was much better, but it doesn't mean this is bad, it just didn't recreate the magic.

Don't exaggerate next time.

Vercetti27
I think VCS is the worst GTA ps2 game, but even I think that your being a bit harsh here. There were plenty of good missions, alrite, they were easy and VC was much better, but it doesn't mean this is bad, it just didn't recreate the magic.

Don't exaggerate next time.

Have you played this game? There were so many sh*tty glitches, and the charactars were sh*t.

And to the boy who said that VCS improved the city, your talking out of your ass. VCS put in sh*tty business buldings everywhere, totally loosing it's cool 80's vibe, a gay chunder wheel and put in stupid neon everywhere, trying to out do VC.

Most people agree VC is the coolest GTA game, graphics and overdone neon aside.

computer g3mer

Your right about VCS f*cking up the city but you should give VCS some respect. It made an easy game with a boring protagonist quite fun for a while, at least they won't try and make another poor VC based game on the psp tounge2.gif

Flesh-n-Bone

If you love Vice City so much why don't you move your ass out of here and show your love there?

The neon, business buildings and Chunder Wheel were exactly what made the VCS rendition better. These boring houses and construction don't really make 80's to me.

computer g3mer

Maybe you should stop expressing your opinion as fact "Thats what made the VCS rendition better", becuase it pisses people off.

Vercetti27

Boring houses? What the f*ck? People lived in houses in the 1980's to you know, jesus, would it be better if they had a fat neon lit sign saying "Pedo's welcome!"? God, VCS overdid the 80's an failed becuase of that.

Why am I on this part of the forum?

Because it is nice to see the deluded fans caught up in inferior gaming cool.gif

Flesh-n-Bone
Boring houses? What the f*ck? People lived in houses in the 1980's to you know, jesus, would it be better if they had a fat neon lit sign saying "Pedo's welcome!"? God, VCS overdid the 80's an failed becuase of that.

Why am I on this part of the forum?

Because it is nice to see the deluded fans caught up in inferior gaming cool.gif

I think you have expressed your hate well enough, why not get over to the forum dedicated to the game which you really love?

And yes boring houses, what are these set of sh*ts, I wouldn't even call it a house. VC's rendition for me is just too ugly. Way too dark, the graphics look like it is a mix of 80's and modern times.

Vercetti27

My god you are such a biased *****. Can you get into an argument over an even pettier thing? Maybe the hair colour of the protagonist. Ugly houses? Thats miami was like in the 1980's , drab housing, beautiful beaches and art deco buildings.

And also, saying the graphics are way to dark is a bit stupid. It is probably the brightest game in the series, should it be bright at 12 at night?

Can't you just accept that VC is a great game instead of being spiteful, saying one minute that you like both games, then saying that VC is sh*t becuase "the houses are ugly". If that is what you hate then jesus I'd like to hear what you thought of gta san andreas.

And what else did you say earlier? "VCS missions are pretty hard, like tune in, tune out etc". If you struggle with missions like that then I must have underestimtaed you.

Then, if you were not spiteful enough already, saying that cop land and other missions are easy. Thats like saying that walking a tight rope blindfolded is easy, but jumping onto your house is hard.

And I will get over to the forum I really love, to let this dead forum full of spiteful ****** which have nothing but VC bashing and sad people who could only complete VCS , making it a better game, to the VC forum where people can argue without just saying "your sh*t, I'm not".

BTW- If VCS is so good then why is it that no-one around here post any more? Becuase you can't accept that maybe VCS isn't actually that good. When people come in with detailed, smart arguments against VCS , like saying there are to many glitches, poor storyline, a rip off from VC and too easy, you just say that the game has great colour in the sky, oh, and look at the houses.

I've got something to tell you- People don't play games for great colours in houses and brightness at 12:00am. Talk to people like flicko, spuds, playstation loyalist, miamivicecity and computer g3mer, who will agree that VC whips VCS's ass.

What else is funny is that you say VC is your least favourite GTA. Why? Becuase it was the only one that you coulden't complete to 100%. That is just sad. VCS is better becuase there are like 20 missions and they're all piss. God, just becuase VC is a game for, more advanced gamers cool.gif , that means it is worse?

If you've gotten this far in my rant/post without getting bored or breaking into tears, then well done. Your 1% less spiteful than I thought you are. You'd argue that GTA IV was sh*t if someone from the IV forums said VCS is sh*t. Well maybe they're right , and you ought to get a life.

Now I regret taking all this time out of my life to take apart your theories that VCS is anything other than a joke, or not a real GTA. VCS was for 10 year olds that thought the boring houses of VC made the game bad.

If you have read all this, I doubt you will come back at me with a half as good argument.

VC icon14.gif

VCS icon13.gif

The end. cool.gif

computer g3mer

Je-sus christ. Well I think you went a bit too far there Vercetti, but I have to agree with you about the colours of the houses bullcrap.

Flesh-n-Bone

First of all, I don't hate VC, I love the game, it's one of the best games ever, but just not my favorite GTA.

The graphics are dark... Well, it's in no way the brightest GTA, even LCS looks brighter. But I mean in places like Downtown and Little Haiti, it looks so dark.

Biased... what? No need to censor words, no one will ban you for that. So Miami had ugly houses in 80's? I'm talking about the houses where in VCS it has your safehouse and Chunder Wheel. They look worse than warehouses.

I have never said anything about VC being bad, like I said I love the game, it's you who's making a big deal and hating on one of the games. My thoughts about San Andreas? Best game ever, enough said.

You have not even posted a thing in the VC forum yet you know all these people? It's clear you have been here as another member just don't want to show it.

No I don't struggle with any missions in the games, because I'm having enough skills to beat them all without struggling.

Cop Land? If you take the bulletproof Admiral from Diaz then it's going to be a piece of cake.

You just have an ultra bias against VCS, I don't get why though. The game is awesome, I have never encountered any glitches while playing, storyline is an opinion and it's in no way a rip off of VC, just a prequel.

You judge how good a game is by how many people post around each forum? Neither is VC's forum active, doesn't mean the game is bad.

I don't play for bright colors at 12:00 and sky either, I play because the games are fun.

You, my friend are the only who needs to get a life. More advanced gamers? That's your opinion a certain game is better, I like them all and play each one from time to time.

When did I say VC is the only GTA I can't 100%? You're pathetic, I am working on it, I just have a few stuff to do and they're all done. It's like saying your opinion is stupid because you think VCS is bad and it's a great game or something. Come up with something better.

20 missions? Lol, that's hall of fame stuff right there. It has way more missions than VC. (For storyline they have as much, 59. But VCS has way more side-missions and such.)

VCS is not even my favorite GTA, I'm not arguing that the fan of a certain game likes a bad game because they hate something I like (VCS and then their fav being something else).

Half of the stuff you said are just bullsh*t excuses that no one could take seriously. I'm just arguing to prove VCS is a good game and a true GTA.

I read it all and have come back with a pretty good argument.

VC (thumbs up)

VCS (thumbs up)

Enough said.

Vercetti27

Ok, firstly I am only biased against VCS becuase of all those glitches that piss me off. And also, VC had about 154 missions (according to flicko's walkthrough of VC)And most of VCs's sidemissions are the same as the ones in VC.

You also said that you only got to 72% in VC on your signiture, it's pretty obvious, it's that thing, below your post biggrin.gif . I know many members of the VC area by reading (interpreting writing) other posts, and had known their names becuase they are eveywhere.

You also said that VCS is your favouirite game in your profile. And you are really biased against VC s you said you thought III was better than VC when someone said if you like VC you'l like VCS , and LCS if you like III.

Get a life? 3,000 posts on a forum? Ahem. Girlfriend. Job. Friends...

VCS is fun if you haven't played VC. If you have, then you'll know it doesn't do it justice.

Everywhere in this forum you keep going on about VCS being an improvement, yet when people give reasons why it isn't , you shut up. I don't hate you- but my god, just grow up.

Don't Censor words? I could have been calling sweden a nation of ____________and be rascist, but flaming online is not cool, and I would get banned for that.

But here is something I will not censor:

VC- Classic, timeless, challenging

VCS- Rip off, cheap, easy

Flesh-n-Bone
Ok, firstly I am only biased against VCS becuase of all those glitches that piss me off. And also, VC had about 154 missions (according to flicko's walkthrough of VC)And most of VCs's sidemissions are the same as the ones in VC.

You also said that you only got to 72% in VC on your signiture, it's pretty obvious, it's that thing, below your post biggrin.gif . I know many members of the VC area by reading (interpreting writing) other posts, and had known their names becuase they are eveywhere.

You also said that VCS is your favouirite game in your profile. And you are really biased against VC s you said you thought III was better than VC when someone said if you like VC you'l like VCS , and LCS if you like III.

Get a life? 3,000 posts on a forum? Ahem. Girlfriend. Job. Friends...

VCS is fun if you haven't played VC. If you have, then you'll know it doesn't do it justice.

Everywhere in this forum you keep going on about VCS being an improvement, yet when people give reasons why it isn't , you shut up. I don't hate you- but my god, just grow up.

Don't Censor words? I could have been calling sweden a nation of ____________and be rascist, but flaming online is not cool, and I would get banned for that.

But here is something I will not censor:

VC- Classic, timeless, challenging

VCS- Rip off, cheap, easy

I can see what you mean on the first one, but I haven't had any glitches besides my cars being eaten at the garage.

At the moment, I have 75% atm and recently completed the rampages. I will continue VC when I have found the latest packages for LCS and III. VCS is my favorite game in my profile? It's probably incorrect because SA is the one. I said that in Thegtaplace, so can you say which member from there you are? I know many hate VCS exclusively on that forum but who are you really? And so what? Just because I like GTA3 more than VC does that mean I hate the latter? No.

If your life was any busier you wouldn't bother coming here and post about how much you hate a video-game.

Everywhere in the forum? How long have you been lurking around here? And why, can't I have my opinion as to why I think VCS is a decent game? Wow. So if someone says soundtrack was not better in VCS compared to VC, does that mean it's a fact? No.

It's not about Sweden or whatever you're thinking about. I'm pretty sure censoring words are not going to change it by anyway.

And I repeat it again:

VC - A great game that was made in 2002 and has loads of fun stuff to do.

VCS - An improvement over the above game (IMO) with even more fun and a lot of other stuff I like more.

Let it not get any more off topic. Sure, I love VCS, you hate it. That's cool and has been explained already. Now leave it behind.

Vercetti27

I said I didn't like it when you expressed your opinion as fact eg "VCS improved VC" but oh well I can't be bothered with this anymore.