2. GFX Requests & Tutorials
      3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Forum Support

2. Site Suggestions

VictorVance2006

The Most Underrated GTA Ever

VictorVance2006

I don't know what it is but VCS is the most ignored gta game to date, it recieved pretty average reviews and didn't sell well. The PSP game was illegally downloaded by much of the community (I however purchased mine. I love the game, I believe that it is one of the best games from the series but somehow its predasessor LCS did much better in reviews and sales when VCS had more content, gameplay variety, characters and longer missions...but some how it was poorly recieved by critics and sales...WHY?

(evidence..this gta out of the 'new' series in the forum ranks the lowest in responses)

jnzooger

I disagree...GTA Advance is. Evidence: A load of members on this forum don't even know what it is, even though Rockstar warehouse has the game listed as "Sold Out".

Chickstick

GTA 2 is the most underated GTA.

.:Alex:.

VCS IS underrated. It's a great GTA and now one of my favourites, I'm sure a PC release would boost sales *hint* *hint*

Delerious

Have you realised how many glitches there are? Especially that f*cking annoying draw distance one? It'd be my favourite game if it didn't have the glitch crap.

AndyGanteks

Definitly the most underrated video game of all GTA's yet

Gantons Most Wanted

wtf are you talking about its not underated at all it had less missions, The Story wasn't as good and it had annoying glitches and other issues. I'll admit it had better content than LCS in gameplay (Empire Missions etc.) but thats as far as it goes.

Rashon.

I'll tell you what, VCS is a very underrated GTA but the glitches that people complain about so much are highly overrated. No one complains about the bad glitches that were possible in San Andreas.

Stefan

I think Vice City was the most underrated GTA. I have the copy I bought the day of its release (October 29th 2002), and it still runs perfectly to me. Never had any glitches or any errors whatsoever.

The gameplay was the best it could be. I could do corners in the game without needing to brake at all. Just stepped off the X button. So to me, VC is the most underrated.

GTA Life

GTA III by far was the most underrated. I say that because they never made a Levitate code like they did for Vice City. Think about it, if it got as much attention as the other games it would have aloooot more codes. And it doesn't. There might be other reasons. But that reason caught my eye. Well the one that came out on GBA was a joke....that was very very underrated. That has to be second.

Fubu

Vice City Stories is very underrated. I have to admit. All GTA Stories have been rated badly, because the only good thing in em' is the storylines. Liberty City Stories sucked, Vice City Stories had new things like empire building and such. Original series, like GTA 3-San Andreas are the best. Rockstar did much of hard work for them. For me, most underrated Grand Theft Auto is GTA 3. It stinks, but the character rules.

Starion

GTA: London 1961 is the most underrated. No-one even knows about it.. sad.gif

Fubu

People knows about it, but GTA London is some kind of modification pack that you could buy long ago. I still play it, belive me. No one should forget about the classics. Ever. Besides, London 1969 cant be rated, because it's a buyable part for GTA 1 or 2.

Stefan

how about GTA for the Game Boy Color?

tounge.gif

Hows that for underrated?

VCNMaverick

GTA: London 1961 is the most underrated. No-one even knows about it..  sad.gif

Because it's impossible to run unless you have an original copy of London 1969, which doesn't work on Windows XP (only the 2004 version works, but isn't compatible with '61).

And GTA Advance is like Pokemon Green. The hardcore fans that own every other game in the series just pretend it doesn't exist, so they can sleep at night.

jnzooger
GTA: London 1961 is the most underrated. No-one even knows about it..   sad.gif

Because it's impossible to run unless you have an original copy of London 1969, which doesn't work on Windows XP (only the 2004 version works, but isn't compatible with '61).

And GTA Advance is like Pokemon Green. The hardcore fans that own every other game in the series just pretend it doesn't exist, so they can sleep at night.

London '61: I have London 1961 running on XP using the Collector's Edition of GTA, London '69, and GTA2. It just takes a little code hack. sly.gif

Hardcore fans: Interesting that you say that..."Hardcore" fans know and play all the games. They don't pretend something doesn't exist because they don't like it. In fact, even when it doesn't fit established cannon, hardcore fans find a way to make it fit.

As for Pokémon Green: People that have American Pokémon Blue have Pokémon Green. Most people outside of Japan don't have Pokémon Blue. Except of course the Unknown Dungeon and the battle sprites, which America got Pokémon Blue's and no American games have Red and Green's. Funny thing is, I'm working on an American Pokémon Green that has Red and Green's graphics and Unknown Dungeon, but Blue's locations and battles.

BixDugan

I don't know why.

Anti-PSP snobbery?

I bought a version for both consoles. I've done my part...

OGIamLoco

VCS was much better done than LCS

good story line.

Darkshade12
I think Vice City was the most underrated GTA. I have the copy I bought the day of its release (October 29th 2002), and it still runs perfectly to me. Never had any glitches or any errors whatsoever.

The gameplay was the best it could be. I could do corners in the game without needing to brake at all. Just stepped off the X button. So to me, VC is the most underrated.

are you kidding gta vice city was so popular all the r* staff got a payrise i read it some where.

Bigs

The guy that said "GTA III stinks" is off is rocker, and a bit deluded.

I've never played VCS, I love GTA but I'd rather spend my money on something other than a Rockstar side project.

Zom-B
GTA 2 is the most underated GTA.

The man speaks the truth.

poikly

Quite a few of them are overated. GTA2 is the best out of the classics and only got a Gamespot rating of 6.9!

Agreed, not many people know about London 1961. Not 1969, 1961. Heck, I didnt even know about it until reading Wikipedia.

San Andreas, while being a great game, is heavily overrated and not 'the best in the series' as many people state.

GTA3 is the best! tounge.gif

VCS is sort of underated but not alot. It recieved positive reviews, not mixed. The graphics are fantastic (for the PSP, although they need to sort the hands out, same with all the GTA's upto IV) and the storyline is quite better then LCS.

*Heavily breathes*

All-Blacks

If any, every GTA is overrated.

Chickstick

Darkshade12, what a signature!

Kevosk

Do you know what underrated means, big guy?

I'd say III or 2 were underrated just 'cause they're old and stuff. I stand by it that III was the best game in the series, but everyone just likes San Andreas 'cause it's packed to the brim with features. I hate that about it.

unopieceo

I don't know why people are saying that gta3 and 2 are underrated, they made huge splashes when they came out, people have played them, and have moved onto other things. But they're still recognized as great games.

james_root

vcs was nice, it didn't deserve to be ignored i think lcs deserved it .

Dun Filero

@Bigs:

I got mine for $13.99 @Circuit City a couple days after it came out. So yeah, that tells you it's a definite "side project".

A good one though that's still very much worthy of buying.

Edited by Dun Filero

chillwinston8717

I dont think many people here know what underated actually means.

If a game is really good, but doesnt receive much attention, it is underated (eg VCS)

If a game isn't very good, and doesnt get much attention, then it isnt underated; its just a crap game. Underated games are those which deserve to be known as a good game, not just games that nobody has heard of that arnt good.

Dun Filero

^^I'm one that gets that concept chill.

I think it's a very good game (especially @$13.99 sly.gif).

Edited by Dun Filero