I'm really tired of this...

Legendary Slyther

Legendary Slyther

Ok, so I got a boat mod for VC. It's a ferry, and I really don't know if I'm installing this right. There's a COL file with it, but I don't know what the hell to do with it. Every GTA game has to start with small ass boats, and I would like to drive a huge one for a change. I really need instructions on what to do with the COL file. I got the DFF and TXT with it, but I got a readme that wasn't much help to me at all. It only tells me where it is, and what it will replace(Since it's supposed to replace the coast guard) but it doesn't tell me what to do with the COL file, so I provided a link just in case if you don't know what I'm talking about.

http://gta.gamigo.de/download.php?do=cat&id=99

I added all 3 files into the gta3.IMG, and started the game, and then crashed. Unhandeled Exception it says when starting a game. It had nothing to do with the saves or the new game option, and I'm guessing that I must've installed it wrong. I got a CFG handling editor, but it doesn't work. I load the handling.cfg, and I get this bullsh*t message saying "File not found". I don't know how most of you managed to get big boats into your game, but it won't let me for some reason, because I may be installing it wrong. Can somebody help me with installing it, because I'm getting bored of the VC boats real fast.

NOTE : I do not own this mod.

Edited by Legendary Slyther

Knowledge Novice

First of all I'm a bit rusty on collision files so forgive me if I get things a little off. The collision file tells the game where the solid pieces in the game go. Anything solid has a collision file so if you replace one object with another of a different size you must also change the col file so that the new model will also have a matching collision file of the same shape so that the new object's shape is solid.

To edit your col file you will need a Col Editor.

Click here: >Collision File Editor II<

Also:

>For more information, visit the official website<

Later. rampage_ani.gif

The vehicles colision files for VC are located in the model folder, under col or generic. You need to open that with Colision Editor, and replace the vehicle's col in there with the one you've got.

Legendary Slyther

Alright, thanks guys! I didn't use collision editor before, but I'll figure it out. But the boat has certain points like you have to reach the bridge, and trying to modify the handling.cfg, and that was quite difficult, because CFG studio 1 and 2 wouldn't work. From that, I'll try it out. But what I'm saying is I don't know what to do with the col file after I'm done modifying it.

Since GangstaKilla has state the point, I'll see from there.

Now the very least thing I will need is the handling.cfg to be taken care of to avoid the ship catapulting all over the place.

Details are updated as I work on this thing

Knowledge Novice

Here's a tutorial on installing vehicles. This should cover pretty much everything you're currently looking for.

Click here: >Installing Cars< rampage_ani.gif

Legendary Slyther

Here's a tutorial on installing vehicles. This should cover pretty much everything you're currently looking for.

Click here: >Installing Cars< rampage_ani.gif

Um, I think I know how to install cars, don't you think? confused.gif

I'm looking for a handling.cfg editor to take care of the situation. Do you have a link to another editor? Becuase the one I have won't work. I got IMG tool, so it's pretty pointless of reading the tutorial since I know installing tips

Information updated

Now that I modified the handling to it's proper place, then I played the game, and the boat was accelerating too fast and I'm happy to inform you that it has crashed the game miserably. I'm gonna slow the speed down first of all.

So now my problems are solved, and new modders should now understand how to install big mods