ps2 controller problems

paulownsyou

paulownsyou

i recnetly purchased gta sa greatest hits for ps2 and now the horn for every vehicle i honking without me pushing l3. i opened up my controller and cleaned it up.i was pretty sure it would work but now all the buttons except d-pad are held without me holding them...any ideas?thanks in advance.(sorry for any misspellings)

Ring_of_Fire

Maybe it feels rather sticky? - as in the result of liquids being poured into the controller. My advice is to turn off the PS2, keep tapping on the buttons until they stand up in their default positions, and reset the PS2 making sure that no buttons or control sticks are held down.

i opened up my controller and cleaned it up.i was pretty sure it would work but now all the buttons except d-pad are held without me holding them

Probably you damaged it in the process... there was no need to open it. You should have just cleaned around the sticks/buttons. colgate.gif

To clean the controller properly: use alcohol or water to clean out the buttons that are sticky. Never use oils or greases.

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

bagga rabbit

I've gone through at least 3 controllers playing San Andreas...my analogue sticks mess up and C.J. walks around in circles or keeps moving...

paulownsyou

the cleaning way doesnt't work...i guess i have to get a new controller huh? confused.gif

paulownsyou

and another question...could i play a ps2 game in a ps2 system with a ps3 controller in the usb port for the ps2??

GTAGangsta58
and another question...could i play a ps2 game in a ps2 system with a ps3 controller in the usb port for the ps2??

Use the edit button next time, and I'm not all that sure about ps3, I don't got one confused.gif ........... cryani.gif

Yes you can. It even works with rumble. However, I don't know why you would want to, the SIXAXIS is wireless.

Edit: Read that backwards. No you can't. The PS3 controller doesn't communicate over that USB cable. Even when charging over USB, it is still connected by Bluetooth. The PS2 can't communicate over Bluetooth.

Edited by jnzooger