Writer's Updates

saltinespike

saltinespike

I don't know about all of you, but posting updates in your thread is annoying (Oxidizer, looking your way tounge.gif). It seems people use it as a way to bump their story. I also know that some people refuse to do it, but do not want their story to be forgotten. That is why I have created this "Updates" thread. Simply post an update about your story if you wish to, instead of bumping your thread. I cannot stop you though, so it's whatever.

---

I've posted Chapter 7 of the Almighty Throne. Dunno when Chapter 8 is coming, but I will update here!

I rarely to never post any updates, so yeah, this topic is quite good.

My updates for those who care:

GTA Old Times: It's as good as dead, but I will continue it eventually

Heart City Stories: Script will finish in early August.

Death Note: Definatly continuing it, just hard to find time to write for an hour these days.

Pointless idea.

Of course people use it to bump their thread - it bumps their thread. That's an advantage to them, and it's not doing anything wrong. Plus, it alerts readers about the update and tells them the status of the story. If people want to know about the piece, they aren't going to check an 'updates' topic - anything written in here will more than likely be overlooked by readers; to find out about updates, they will check the relevant topic.

I am having problems with plot direction in my Attic story, so I'll try to update A. S. A. P.

[bTW: I need our group name soon...]

Off-topic, yes, but - what group name? confused.gif

Sorry Spike for going offtopic here but...

Our "gang/group". I don't care what anybody says, I will make this thing possible. Graphics aren't doing so well, but I'll figure something out...

But ... we don't want a gang/group. Do we? dontgetit.gif

Yeah, sorry for chatting in here - if you want to carry it on PM me. Haha. tounge.gif

lol.gif I only update my stuff to post teasers to show that I haven't forgotten about one of my stories.

Blackadder.

Vercetti Revenge: I've been slow as of late (For awhile too) but I do plan to get back into the old ways sometime.

user posted image

For those who are interested in the group idea, our logo has some little progress. CCPD has offered to create a little family crest that one of our members has thought up. (Props to you) This is the progress.

If there are any title or group names that are floating around in your head or have a suggestion, please PM me ASAP, thank you!

Land Of Confusion

Ok

Update to my (Crappy) story, 'The Job'

Yes I know, the title is rather bad, but I'm thinking about changing it, as soon as I can think of something better tounge.gif

did a couple minor edits to the first chapter.

im writing another crappy one. cryani.gif prepare ur bad comments. im done the prologue and chap 1, ill write chap 2, then post prologue pretty soon... rolleyes.gif

NFTU is taking longer than I thought. All the modelling scenes are so hard to write, but I'll get there in the end. dozingoff.gif

So, "The Don" is pretty much inactive! No, it hasn't been abandoned, but it is, for the moment, inactive. I've got myself a real job (as opposed to a fake one) and haven't time to sit down and thoroughly write endless chapters about a gangster. Definitely leave it in the archives for a while and I will get back to it soon.

Looking forward to it, C_C. colgate.gif

The first part of NFTU should hopefully be up either today or tomorrow, sometime over the weekend at least. I've already written more than half of it and I reckon this stuff tops Products (writing style/skill wise). ph34r.gif

Edited by Oxidizer

Land Of Confusion

Sorry guys about no update this week, I completely forgot about the story ((I actually didn't write a word since last week.)) So, I'll just double up the effort to make up for it.

You'll see more soon!

I am going to discontinue my story, but I will see if I can return to it in the future.

I'm planning to write another story, so stay tuned...hopefully.

Can't wait for those, guys! colgate.gif

I'm hoping NFTU will be updated either later tonight or tomorrow. I've only got one more scene to write, and it's my favorite, so yeah.

I doubt I'll be continuing with NOUAS any time soon. Maybe one day, but it's just not working out at all.

I have got another story in mind though, called Spirits of Crime, which is about revenge. It'll be 8 parts long and will probably be up very late August or early September, once I've finished NFTU. The main villains will be a serial killer, an escaped gangster and a stalker. ph34r.gif

Posting that you've updated your story and moving it to the top of the page so people KNOW it's been updated is the whole point.

If anything this topic kills more stories. I know for sure i wouldnt sift through evertyone else saying they've updated their stories just to find out if the one i'm reading has been updated, when i could just look at the front page and the topic i want will be at the top of the page with a new comment saying

'Chapter # added'

kippers.png

For anyone wanting to know, I'm away until the 16th. monocle.gif

NO. Who will read...mindless stories about...strange plots and...NO!

saltinespike
Posting that you've updated your story and moving it to the top of the page so people KNOW it's been updated is the whole point.

If anything this topic kills more stories. I know for sure i wouldnt sift through evertyone else saying they've updated their stories just to find out if the one i'm reading has been updated, when i could just look at the front page and the topic i want will be at the top of the page with a new comment saying

'Chapter # added'

Then why'd you post? You're not the first to say that. Who's mind are you changing?

NFTU is finally updated. Sorry it took so long, I was having troubles being descriptive. tounge2.gif

HawaiianHardHitter

'Chapter # added'

Then why'd you post? You're not the first to say that. Who's mind are you changing?

I agree with Kippers on this. Why post that you updated your story here, when you've posted an update chapter to your story, thus it would be on the top of the forum threads. It kinda doesn't make sense to me brah. confused.gif

Hmm. I'm going to continue with NOUAS before I start on Spirits of Crime. But not before I finish NFTU - that's my main priority.

I've changed the plot a bit for NOUAS and scratched a few characters. I've got a new storyline in mind but I'm still working on how to solidify it.

Edited by Oxidizer

Well, I got good news and bad news:

The Bad news is that my request topic for a group logo has been locked.

The Good news is that CCPD, who is a very generous man, has PM'd me and gave me a code to a tramendously awesome logo.

I will post this shortly!

I've got another story in mind but I'm not sure what to do first. I want to write NOUAS but I'm just really not in the mood for it and this new one is a lot more badass.

It's called The Syndicate and is set in Tokyo with drug organizations, 'Fast and the Furious' type races and a government conspiracy. ph34r.gif

I'll probably write the first part of that and then finish NFTU, then continue with TS. Either way, expect two very long chapters from me this month.