Game Crashes on startup

Menasco

I have Win XP SP2, 512 MB of RAM, an ATI Mobility Radeon x600, on a Pentium 4 2.something GHz. I've had this problem before but I've forgotten why. I had to format my computer. I reinstalled GTA, installed the directX before, and it goes through the title scenes. When it gets to the actual Loading Title screen it crashes. Please somebody help me.

First off try deleting your 'gta.set file' to see if your game will work after it's deleted, if that doesn't work, try clicking your short cut icon and then set it to run in Windows 98 compatibility mode.

I they don't work come back and i'll try to find another solution.

s0h607k.jpg

You should find the file by going to,

My Documents and then clicking on GTA San Andreas User Files and it should be in there.

s0h607k.jpg

what if you dont have that file at all and u cant delete it bcuz u dont have it to begin with

Ring_of_Fire

Make sure to update all drivers from the chipset manufacturer. Now uninstalll the game fully, delete main game folder, reinstall fully, and apply the 1.01 Patch (No More Hot Coffe by COLD).

Click here -> http://nomorehotcoffee.com/ mercie_blink.gif

what if you dont have that file at all and u cant delete it bcuz u dont have it to begin with

You create one by messing around inside of the "Options" menu. Now you are able to delete it again once you update the system drivers.

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

what options menu since game wont load period

If the game won't start, perhaps you have a different problem. It would be better if you start a new topic stating your problem details rather than using somebody else' topic.

its because i dont kno wat the problem is to begin with it just wont load at all because it shows thats its loading (in the task manager) then after 2 seconds it disappears.

Ring_of_Fire

its because i dont kno wat the problem is to begin with it just wont load at all because it shows thats its loading (in the task manager) then after 2 seconds it disappears.

Please consult the posting requirements thread... we don't even know your system specs. It will be helpful to create your own thread, so as to not clog up information not relevant to the thread starter and his problem.

Game just doesn't want to go to where I load or start new game. Gets to the title screen and just crashes.

Ring_of_Fire

Make sure to update all drivers from the chipset manufacturer. Now uninstall the game fully, delete main game folder, reinstall fully, and apply the 1.01 Patch (No More Hot Coffee by COLD).

Click here -> http://nomorehotcoffee.com/

Menasco, did you follow my guidelines as yet? Plaese do exactly what was stated first before we begin helping you further.