Porcupine Tree.

Scarface187

Scarface187

Most of you may remember a few months back when I posted a review on an album called Fear of a Blank Planet by a band by the name of Porcupine Tree. In that review I gave a brief description of what the band sounds like. Well since that review I've studied all the albums I had not heard before and I even had the extreme pleasure of seeing them live (they're even better live by the way). In that time I've also decided that this is a really great and very underrated band that I think everyone should give a listen to. I think there is something in their music that everyone can enjoy. Like I might of said in my review, if you're a fan of such bands as Pink Floyd (especially them considering they were Steven Wilson's biggest influence) then chances are you will love this band.

Their earlier stuff started out as more psychedelic type stuff and then eventually evolved into what would be their trademark sound heard on such albums as In Absentia, Stupid Dream and Signify.

Here are some links if you get interested:

Myspace.

Official website.

Even Less live (there is a tiny lyrical difference from this version and the studio version):

An excerpt of Lightbulb Sun live

Trains live (the solo is different than the one on the album and better in my opinion)

Again I think this an underrated band and a band everyone should at least try out. You might like what you hear. Steven Wilson is fantastic.

So yeah, questions? Comments?

user posted image

I got In Absentia and I absolutely love it, I'd recommend it to anyone who likes Progressive Rock.

Scarface187
Early sh*t sounds just like Floyd. Great trip music. biggrin.gif

Yes. Especially Voyage 34. Its not called that for nothing. Great stuff.

user posted image

Ah, been meaning to check out this band, a friend in class today was telling me about them, thanks for the links, I'll edit with an opinion smile.gif.

boardwalk4est

Porcupine Tree is the greatest band out there right now. If you like good music or not, check them out for sure. It's a guaranteed love.

Yeah I've been following them for the last few years. Really great band.

user posted image

Twang of Cauliflower

I've always been interested in them since I first heard of them who knows when. I should probably check something out. I will later.

...teh kicker.

Absolutely fantastic band, there really is something for everyone (with a varied taste in music) within porcupine tree.

Everyone should at least check out "In Absentia"

No dough this post will get questions and and maybe even some fighting.

Scarface187
Absolutely fantastic band, there really is something for everyone (with a varied taste in music) within porcupine tree.

Everyone should at least check out "In Absentia"

I second that with the following recommendations:

Stupid Dream

Lightbulb Sun

Deadwing

of course once you've listened to those and want to hear what they were like before, check out The Sky Moves Sideways and Up the Downstair.

user posted image

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.