S#itty reflections

Claude GTA3

Claude GTA3

Is there a way to remove car reflections to get the effect of the LC mod reflections? I try to delete 'em in the particle.txd,but it crashes my game,and when I change the default one,the pointlight (fog) particle ends up being blurry and rainbow colored....help anyone?

user posted image

"Stealing, running, fighting, punching, kicking, screaming. This is the way I have chosen to live. I will accept the consequences"

Don't remove it, try to change the image into a white one, maybe it does what you want

Wah! The big mean moderators won't let me rip models and post pirated software!

• 2 weeks later...

i'm a bit late, but here's something you can do:

delete the original image, then create a new image in the partcle.txd with the same name, reflection01. the game won't actually use the reflection01 image (the images need to be in a specific order, reflection01 has to be the 9nth image in particle.txd to work), but it won't crash either.

So yea, if you have LC cars installed, you'll only see the reflections that they come with, since this will disable the default gta3 reflections.

Don't remove it, try to change the image into a white one, maybe it does what you want

No, he needs to put in a black one

A white one will just turn all the cars a creamy colour.

GamerShotgun

he could replace it even with a good reflection picture...not just white, and black..

Why does the reflection01s colors get corrupted when you edit the txd?

WbZaxRP.png

GamerShotgun

Well, it's a good question..At me, only the fog texture gets corrupted (it has funky colors ingame^^)

The reflection01 and pointlight (fog) images get corrupt because they are 16-bit images, which are not supported by the current tools. It's an obscure image format, and very few images are stored in that format.

Is there any way to stop it/fix it?

WbZaxRP.png

Stop it, no.

Fix it, yes.

I've converted the 16-bit images reflection01, and pointlight into 32bit images, then dumped the textures from the vice city particle.txd, and imported them. The result is a fully-editable particle.txd, that you can download here.

Simply overwrite your gta3 particle.txd with the one i provide above.

biggrin.gif Thank you VERY much

WbZaxRP.png