3. Writers' Discussion
      4. Debates & Discussion
    1. News

2. Forum Support

3. Site Suggestions

Blind Joe Death

Official Electronic Music Topic

Wayfarer

Speaking of electronic music, I really got into Autechre lately. Couldn't stand them at first, but now it's growing on me.

And the video to Gantz Graf blows my mind.

Killer.Khan

Paul Van Dyk is pretty good.

technomm

Well i got this awesome awesome awesome awesome MIND-BLOWING trance album back in the day in a free Trance-Techno Collection MP3 CD.But its tracks are all unknown ;no mention of the artist,album e.g .Now i need you to help me out to find out whose composer/producer is this great album.So i have split the third track into a approx 1:30 snippet for y'all to download and then please fill me in with some info about this release.

http://www.box.net/shared/4y5zjzcu8o

To be honest,this particular track is one good thriller of the whole album.I'm sure it's a uber hit trance of all time. icon14.gificon14.gif

Dem57

Does this count as electronic music?

~Neon~
Well i got this awesome awesome awesome awesome MIND-BLOWING trance album back in the day in a free Trance-Techno Collection MP3 CD.But its tracks are all unknown ;no mention of the artist,album e.g .Now i need you to help me out to find out whose composer/producer is this great album.So i have split the third track into a approx 1:30 snippet for y'all to download and then please fill me in with some info about this release.

To be honest,this particular track is one good thriller of the whole album.I'm sure it's a uber hit trance of all time. icon14.gificon14.gif

That track is Armin Van Buuren - Communication.

If you like that you will love all of Armin's stuff! I'm not sure how much you know about trance/Armin, but you should certainly check his other stuff out. Also, he has a DVD out called Armin Only - The Next Level. Amazing DVD. Full of loads of his own productions all with a similar sound to this. Would certainly recommend it!

As for what that particular CD is, it would be impossible to tell without hearing the rest of it. There must be loads of CDs that have that track on it...

jimmy.

Anyone a fan of VNV Nation?

technomm

To be honest,this particular track is one good thriller of the whole album.I'm sure it's a uber hit trance of all time.  icon14.gif  icon14.gif

That track is Armin Van Buuren - Communication.

If you like that you will love all of Armin's stuff! I'm not sure how much you know about trance/Armin, but you should certainly check his other stuff out. Also, he has a DVD out called Armin Only - The Next Level. Amazing DVD. Full of loads of his own productions all with a similar sound to this. Would certainly recommend it!

As for what that particular CD is, it would be impossible to tell without hearing the rest of it. There must be loads of CDs that have that track on it...

WOW just WOW! I was close to saying that Armin or some other high profile trance producers like Tiesto ,Paul Van Dyk are the wizard. I admit i wasn't even familiar with his works and style until now .I did know though that he's a well-known Trance producer around the world with many achievements and hits.I was aware as well that he's a top 5 DJ ranked at www.thedjlist.com .At this moment i'd for one rank him above guys like Tiesto! Man this is perhaps the only album release of Armin in my music collection and it has truly trembled my ears! Checking his other stuff out as you've suggested is clearly a must .

And about that album.Totally there are 8 pretty lengthy tracks on it(6:00+) ,all of them in the same style as Communications,except for track number 7 which is different i.e ambient-like beats and some computer-generated voice(?) irregularly repeating something like".... peace and love" a few times.

I'll search the net to find out the album title.

By the way,thank you very much on the provided info. smile.gif

My respects goes to Armin Van Buuren. icon14.gif

Edit: yeah i just found the album on Yahoo!,it's titled 76 and Communication is the track number 12.It is next to the last track of the album.Therefore there are 5 missing tracks on my own CD sad.gif .Also,it seems as though that the tracks ordering and numbering is incorrect.No big deal though,i'd attempt to sort everything out.

Edited by technomm

~Neon~

Do you know of DJ Mag? It holds the worlds biggest poll for the top 100 DJs and is considered the official poll. Right now Armin is No.1! With Tiesto 2nd. You can see the list here.

Personally I feel Armin is an amazing DJ but Tiesto for me will always be No.1. He was voted No.1 three years in a row and is the only DJ to do so!

Whenever I see Armin play live he always makes my arms ache from holding them in the air too long thanks to his more progressive tunes with lengthy breaks. I spent ages at Global Gathering last year with my arms up giving him a thumbs up. He finally saw the flash on my camera and gave me a thumbs up back. Yay!

Tiesto just makes me go mental and I stomp around like a nutta for hours on end. My iPod Touch is 100% Tiesto (with a few of my own recoded mixes). You could say I'm a little obsessed tounge2.gif.

CJVercetti

Holy hell this thread is still around?

Anyone into Gabrielle and Dresden? Don't really feel like searching through 7 pages to see if they were mentioned.

technomm

my god! No. 1?!! Well he just deserves it full stop icon14.gif

I've heard things about DJ Mag thru friends but never got one and rarely visit its website.Thanks for bringing it into my attention though. icon14.gif

Tiesto being ranked no.1 for three years? yes i'm aware of that one.I have some of his stuff too,more than Armin's though.However,oddly enough this only '76' album of Armin on one hand and all the Tiesto releases that i have on the other hand,and Armin feels weightier! Of course,i have little stuff of them and it's likely that the more Tiesto i listen the more i prefer his sound.Not that i dislike his sound now,rather there are some really nice tunes of him as well that i very well appreciate e.g Athena inlove.gif .

Sounds great to see Armin in a gig,especially the way you put it.Pity that i haven't seen him face to face up to now and don't think i can ,anytime soon. sad.gif I would really go nuts in a live play ;mind you even at home in front of TV watching a Scooter concert makes me get down alone! biggrin.gif (Before you say it,yeah i'm a Scooter fan just read my previous posts in this thread.However,as of late their music is not what i care to listen to.Dunno if it's my mood changing bit by bit or something is wrong with them. sigh.gif )

I can feel you mate.Trance techno Hardcore and all are like that.They give out long-lasting energy ,put you in an amazing atmosphere...you know how it inspires while listening to such songs as communication ,lonely with eyes shut and then 'drift deep into one's own thoughts'. wink.gif

my mobile phone is 98% filled up with Trance and such tunes as well.Read my post on the last page and take your time to listen to Trance-Atlantic. True madness especially before the break.

Sweet dreams smile.gif

Edited by technomm

~Neon~

Just one more thing I would like to mention for now, are you aware of his radio show - A State Of Trance? It's on every Thursday at 7pm GMT. You can listen to it at www.DI.fm. It's a must for me every week (when I'm not out). Plus, Marcus Schulz plays the two hours before him with Global DJ Broadcast. If you want to start getting into brand new Trance - DJs and Producers - these shows are a must. They help me stay up to date with new tunes cool.gif.

Rave On!

technomm

hmm on his official website,on the albums section there are mentions of 'A State of Trance' and i've got familiar with that nice phrase that way.But never listened in his own radio show.At times,I'm on that DI.fm website but due to my net connection being the archaic dial-up and me having no time for that sort of stuff ,the fun gets ruined to bits.I'm considering to get hold of a DSL line soon though...you know, under my current circumstances it takes some time to get at the goods one longs for.

Anyways,go rock da place!

*after few moments loses self-control*

DAMN! i'm getting out of control with Communication,just listening it right now! man i want to start off a musical career you can call me crazy but yeah!!! i'm crazy for music!! I'm telling ya see me one day playing on stage when everything is sorted out.When i've got downright into the trance scene .you know i would be a star just wait!!! 2-3 or perhaps 4 years later you'll see what comes out of me! I'm only 20!! i have much time to go on! I'll buy everything needed to come into techno/trance scene FL studio? Cubase? a MIDI keyboard??! YEAH!! I'm all for the digital music making it simply inspires the future!!!! rrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhttt?!!

*evokes self-control and takes a deep breath.*

Spectre95
Does this count as electronic music?

That would be like saying Prince is electronic music.

The Killa
hmm on his official website,on the albums section there are mentions of 'A State of Trance' and i've got familiar with that nice phrase that way.But never listened in his own radio show.At times,I'm on that DI.fm website but due to my net connection being the archaic dial-up and me having no time for that sort of stuff ,the fun gets ruined to bits.I'm considering to get hold of a DSL line soon though...you know, under my current circumstances it takes some time to get at the goods one longs for.

Anyways,go rock da place!

*after few moments loses self-control*

DAMN! i'm getting out of control with Communication,just listening it right now! man i want to start off a musical career you can call me crazy but yeah!!! i'm crazy for music!! I'm telling ya see me one day playing on stage when everything is sorted out.When i've got downright into the trance scene .you know i would be a star just wait!!! 2-3 or perhaps 4 years later you'll see what comes out of me! I'm only 20!! i have much time to go on! I'll buy everything needed to come into techno/trance scene FL studio? Cubase? a MIDI keyboard??! YEAH!! I'm all for the digital music making it simply inspires the future!!!! rrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiighhhhhhttt?!!

*evokes self-control and takes a deep breath.*

Or you can buy his compilation from last year called "A State of Trance 2007"

Here

This is one of the best trance albums I've heard in a while. It's a must-have

Mister Pink
@Wayfarer: Yeah man. I hated their sound but they slowly grew on my. Eutow and Bike are great tracks.

matthew1g

Quote Post

my god! No. 1?!! Well he just deserves it full stop icon14.gif

I've heard things about DJ Mag thru friends but never got one and rarely visit its website.Thanks for bringing it into my attention though. i

Tiesto being ranked no.1 for three years? yes i'm aware of that one.I have some of his stuff too,more than Armin's though.However,oddly enough this only '76' album of Armin on one hand and all the Tiesto releases that i have on the other hand,and Armin feels weightier! Of course,i have little stuff of them and it's likely that the more Tiesto i listen the more i prefer his sound.Not that i dislike his sound now,rather there are some really nice tunes of him as well that i very well appreciate e.g Athena inlove.gif .

Well yeah.. he DESERVED it, but judging from his newest track called Going wrong, he's gone too poppy and commercial, and has less to do with trance. Don't get me wrong, It's amazing, I even set it up as a ringtone on my phone, but like I said, it doesn't have a lot of trance to it.

Ever heard of Miika Leinonen? Specifically the song Cruel, and do you feel ( his latest 2 tracks?)

Like I said in the youtube page, this guy has tons of potential and could easily become a top DJ with some promotion. (this is my upload, I'm working on uploading the other track on the vinyl.)

The Killa

Nice video there, matthew1g. Does he have any more material released? More specifically, an album?

Wayfarer

@Wayfarer: Yeah man. I hated their sound but they slowly grew on my. Eutow and Bike are great tracks.

Oooh, finally somewhere answered me in this topic saturated with dance music. tounge.gif

Yeah, "Bike" is awesome, reminds me of early Aphex Twin a bit. But their post 2000 stuff is where it's at for me. Somewhat chaotic and unpredictable with "broken" melodies. The most electronic electronic music I've heard in a long time.

Oh, and have you heard Quaristice?

gkl

^Confield is one of the best albums out there. Period.

A nice thing about Ae, even their 1993 material doesn't sound dated. Although that might be a bad thing from the whole IDM genre point of view...

Wayfarer

A nice thing about Ae, even their 1993 material doesn't sound dated. Although that might be a bad thing from the whole IDM genre point of view...

Well, it can be always said that really good stuff never gets old. tounge.gif

And personally I'm enjoying Draft 7.30 immensely. smile.gif

I had a chance to their concert of them in Poland in early March, but I decided to save the money for another electronic group, Cluster. Their best albums came out in the 70s but they still sound damn fresh. Recommended if you like droney, ambiental stuff with a psychedelic tinge (especially the first two albums).

gkl

I wish I had the opportunity to see Ae live. But I don't which is rather sad. sad.gif

What's yer opinion on Quaristice? IMO it's far from their best, feels very slow and dull.

~Neon~

I uploaded my latest demo mix (Trance) for a mate, thought there might be some people interested in it here?

http://rapidshare.com/files/104822608/DJ_B....03.08.mp3.html

Mixed on a Pio CDJ 200 and a Pio CDJ 800 (really need to get another 800).

Tracklist:

[00:00]Bissen pres. The Crossover - Quicksand (Original Mix)

[07:30]Carl B pres. Khensu - Chasing Leaves (Original Mix)

[13:00]Boom Jinx feat. Key - Eternal Reminiscence (Original Mix)

[18:40]Maor Levi - Shapes (Oliver Smith Remix)

[24:30]Mungo - Summer Blush (Aly and Fila Rework)

[31:10]Bossanova - Stonecold (Afterburn Remix)

[38:50]Onova - Platitude (Original Mix)

[45:20]Sophie Sugar - Day Seven (Sophie's One Day In Jakarta Mix)

[50:35]Sean Tyas pres. Logistic - One More Night Out (Original Mix)

If anybody downloads it, let us know what you think.

matthew1g

I'll download it soon, have other RS stuff queued up at the moment (free RS user sad.gif )

donsalvatore
Daft Punk:

Harder, Better, Faster, stronger.

Aerodynamic

Daftendirekt

Human After All

Robot Rock

These are all generally good party tracks.

I also like the songs Digital Love and Revolution 909 by them too. Those would be good in a playlist.

Can't forget their best selling song ever, One More Time, which is my favorite, then Harder Better Faster Stronger and then Robot Rock, that song kicks ass. Oh and Around the World. Their best album was Discovery.

The Killa
I uploaded my latest demo mix (Trance) for a mate, thought there might be some people interested in it here?

Tracklist:

Downloading now. Tracklist looks quality

Spectre95

Tracklist:

I highly recommend http://www.musicv2.com to upload all your mixes. They're having a limited time offer right now of just $25 for a LIFETIME membership.

http://www.musicv2.com/v2/artist_register.php

I have hours of mixes uploaded there(all excellent quality) and I haven't even used up half of the maximum storage limit.

Great site if you're a DJ.

Here's an example: Latest Trance mix of mine http://www.musicv2.com/listen.php?m=42744

~Neon~

Thanks for that info, will look into it soon. I only used RS as a one off just to give it to a few mates. I guess I'll need something decent soon though.

Just listening to your mix now. music.gif

Made
Daft Punk:

Harder, Better, Faster, stronger.

Aerodynamic

Daftendirekt

Human After All

Robot Rock

These are all generally good party tracks.

I also like the songs Digital Love and Revolution 909 by them too. Those would be good in a playlist.

Can't forget their best selling song ever, One More Time, which is my favorite, then Harder Better Faster Stronger and then Robot Rock, that song kicks ass. Oh and Around the World. Their best album was Discovery.

Love listening to Alive 2007, its f*cking great to say the least.

Just started listening to electronic music, can anyone recommend me some good epic trance?

matthew1g

@ made, There's tons of good DJs out there, browse these youtube channels and you'll find what you'll love. If you want Hit me up on msn and I'll give you further sites to downloading trance tunes, but on a perfectly legal note, go on trancefix.nl has some good news about trance scene and new releases smile.gif

I'd also recommend listening to weekly episodes of A state of trance by Armin van Buuren which plays more "high level" of trance - songs from well known producers. Then there's Trance around the world by above and beyond ( I recommend downloading their Tri-state album btw. F*cking epic uplifting trance). TATW goes deeper into the scene and plays more underground trance tunes, and has a different guest Dj every week which does a 1 hour set. ASOT is broadcasted live on Digitally imported every thursday, don't know the time though as I usually wait for the scene to release it as an mp3. TATW is broadcasted on friday, but same as ASOT, I download it so I don't know the exact time.

Then there's Anjunabeats worldwide which is hosted by different Djs every week, which is also good. Scene release is usually monday or tuesday.

user posted image

they should give you a good idea of what's going on in the scene, Now to move on to those youtube channels I mentioned before:

http://www.youtube.com/user/europeantrance

http://www.youtube.com/user/frifox

http://www.youtube.com/user/TranceDevotee

http://www.youtube.com/user/Animedreamer240

I suggest that you browse around their channel, and subscribe to them as they upload some new tracks every now and then, and as I said, if you need to "aquire" songs hit me up by pm or msn smile.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a question, what would trentemoller be classified as? I mean he has some pretty good songs, and all of which differ from each other.

I have no idea what genre he falls under, all I know is that I love his tracks...

on another note..

http://www.isarapix.org/pix68/1208009209.jpg

it's getting bigger by the day =o

Speaking of which, does anyone know any communities like trancefix.nl dedicated to house music? I've come to notice how similar trance and house are in certain aspects, and I'd like to get to know what's in the house scene in terms of releases etc. I have no idea where to look for. sad.gif