lower price

LeFrançais

LeFrançais

Sorry for the orthography, I have 15ans and I'm French, I often don't speak English thus it is likely to have some spelling mistakes sorry.

I think that it east ab"rent that the PS3 lowers price in the USA and not in Europe! And, I heard that Sony works with rahkstar2.gif for (thereafter) having improvement in GTA IV (but not the word "exlusive" in the sentences marked)

Didn't understand that, sorry.

I like how you used "thus" and "thereafter" though. That was cool.

in5dJdX.png

LeFrançais

ok,

precisely, I does not understand why the price of the PS3 drops in the USA and not in Europe.

you understood better? ^^

Twang of Cauliflower

Pretty much because it was released later in Europe.

...teh kicker.

ok,

precisely, I does not understand why the price of the PS3 drops in the USA and not in Europe.

English lessons at GTA Forums -

I do not understand why the price of the PS3 has dropped in the USA but not in Europe.

Neither do we. The price of the PS3 is even lower in Japan. It's up to sony to decide what price they feel the PS3 will sell at in each country. Do you understand? icon14.gif

However, it is believed that the price will drop in Europe soon. I think that there is a package in the UK where you can get PS3 + Resistance FOM + Motorstorm + a second controlpad for £400.

shattered-minds

--Deleted-- MysteryGamer explained it better.

Edited by shattered-minds

MysteryGamer
ok,

Hi I was disappointed too that us PAL gamers did not get any price cut. However Sony I believe cut the consoles price in the U.S. simply to get rid off the remaining stock to make way for the new 80 GB version. I also believe Sony will no longer sell 60 GB Playstation 3's once the remaining consoles are all gone which is why Sony offered a price cut on the 60 GB Playstation 3's to get rid of them. The 80 GB will soon replace both the 60 GB version and 20 GB (which has been pretty much scrapped anyway).

We got a good value bundle pack at least I guess, but I will hardly be wanting to play the 2 games I get with my Playstation 3 in October when I will have my Grand Theft Auto IV Special Edition.

LeFrançais

I believe that it is not envisaged? perhaps to return it in September or Christmas has?

There have been talk about not lowering the price, but offer an extra controll and a game for the same price, I can't give out the source since it's swedish and would probably only help like 0,1% of you guys, but there should be some info out there if you google it. I still like the idea since i will be getting 2 controllers and I will surely get the game 'motorstorm' which i think is the most probable game to be included since they are doing it with the 80GB version in the states.

Just a little note for you: This topic isn't really related to GTA4 or any GTA game and should be brought up in another forum where it has probably already been brought up and answered by people that are more informed about this kind of stuff.

Oooooh.

I get it. This has f*ck all to do with GTA IV.

Moved to Gaming Chat.

in5dJdX.png

MysteryGamer

ok,

English lessons at GTA Forums -

I do not understand why the price of the PS3 has dropped in the USA but not in Europe.

Neither do we. The price of the PS3 is even lower in Japan. It's up to sony to decide what price they feel the PS3 will sell at in each country. Do you understand? icon14.gif

However, it is believed that the price will drop in Europe soon. I think that there is a package in the UK where you can get PS3 + Resistance FOM + Motorstorm + a second controlpad for £400.

Hi the price drop you are referring to this is not to do with the "Value Packs" that the UK and Europe will be able to purchase from this week (UK) and August (the rest of Europe) is it? The packs will have the console obviously 2 control pads, and 2 games as you said in the same package.

Where did you here on the European price cut Matty.

Cheers.

Edited by MysteryGamer

LeFrançais

why?

becausethey don't lower the price of the PS3 in France?

euh... in Eurrope!

Hi the price drop you are referring to this is not to do with the "Value Packs" that the UK and Europe will be able to purchase from this week (UK) and August (the rest of Europe) is it? The packs will have the  console obviously 2 control pads, and 2 games as you said in the same package.

Cheers.

Ah, from what I can see the rumours concerning a UK/Europe price cut are prior to the announcement of the 'value pack'. I think the value pack has effectively replaced any price cut. Still a lot better value now though. Sorry.

The DLC is the only thing that's really swaying me towards the 360 now though. Because the price of the 360 now becomes -

Console with game = £280

Wireless adapter - £55 (I have a wireless router in my bedroom, and I play games downstairs in my living room, so I'm not about to have holes drilled into my floor, even if it is a little quicker wired)

Live subscription - £40 per year (and thats a continuos thing obviously)

Total - £375

So that's only £25 cheaper than the PS3 for me, plus I get an extra game with the PS3. Although RFOM isn't my type of thing to be fair.

And PS3 gets MGS4, which is the game I'm most botherd about after GTAIV. So it's basically a straight decision between

- extra IV content, which I still think will be worth having, a much better catalogue of games, and MGS4. Which will probably come out on 360 eventually.

Decisions, decisions... notify.gif

LeFrançais

you thinks that the "been worth pack" is more intérrésant that a reduction in price?

LeFrançais

I préfered (or I like, I does not know how to say it ) a reduction in price because, financially it's more intresting (or judicious) no?

you thinks that the "been worth pack" is more intérrésant that a reduction in price?

I think it probably is yes. The value of the 2 games and the extra control pad comes to about £110. So, if they reduced the value of the PS3 by £50, which is how much the US price drop is in $ ($100 = £50) the value pack is still better.

MysteryGamer
Hi the price drop you are referring to this is not to do with the "Value Packs" that the UK and Europe will be able to purchase from this week (UK) and August (the rest of Europe) is it? The packs will have the  console obviously 2 control pads, and 2 games as you said in the same package.

Cheers.

Ah, from what I can see the rumours concerning a UK/Europe price cut are prior to the announcement of the 'value pack'. I think the value pack has effectively replaced any price cut. Still a lot better value now though. Sorry.

The DLC is the only thing that's really swaying me towards the 360 now though. Because the price of the 360 now becomes -

Console with game = £280

Wireless adapter - £55 (I have a wireless router in my bedroom, and I play games downstairs in my living room, so I'm not about to have holes drilled into my floor, even if it is a little quicker wired)

Live subscription - £40 per year (and thats a continuos thing obviously)

Total - £375

So that's only £25 cheaper than the PS3 for me, plus I get an extra game with the PS3. Although RFOM isn't my type of thing to be fair.

And PS3 gets MGS4, which is the game I'm most botherd about after GTAIV. So it's basically a straight decision between

- extra IV content, which I still think will be worth having, a much better catalogue of games, and MGS4. Which will probably come out on 360 eventually.

Decisions, decisions... notify.gif

I agree Metal Gear Solid 4 is my most wanted game after Grand Theft Auto IV I can hardly wait for the sure to be epic masterpiece yet the last in the series. sad.gif

Both consoles have pros and cons like the Playstation 3 is still a lot of money where as the XBOX 360 is cheaper but has performance problems which are common.

Playstation 3 for me though I think Metal Gear Solid 4 is only coming out for it so..

LeFrançais

ok, but I think myself, maybe I don't money for that, so think that I will take the PS3 without the been "value pack" maybe whith thr reducte?* (*: I want to say with the fall of price)

LeFrançais

The PS3 in France, should pass from 600€ from 400€.

But, Sony delays it bus Sony says that in France the sales occurs well whereas it is all the opposite.

I would like to be able to speak English the every day has the perfection !!!

MysteryGamer
ok, but I think myself, maybe I don't money for that, so think that I will take the PS3 without the been "value pack" maybe whith thr reducte?* (*: I want to say with the fall of price)

If you mean you want to get a Playstation 3 on it's own (is this what you mean?) then it will not be cheaper than the new "Value Packs" being introduced I am afraid at not what I know of.

LeFrançais

sorry, I will sleep because in France it is 03h10 (three hours and ten minutes of the morning)

Good nigth everyone!

Thank for your assistance my training of English has (I'm not on for "Has" has the end)

MysteryGamer

No worries LeFrançais tried to help. You're English is not that bad. icon14.gif

LeFrançais
ok, but I think myself, maybe I don't money for that, so think that I will take the PS3 without the been  "value pack" maybe whith thr reducte?* (*: I want to say with the fall of price)

If you mean you want to get a Playstation 3 on it's own (is this what you mean?) then it will not be cheaper than the new "Value Packs" being introduced I am afraid at not what I know of.

yes, but I think of awaiting Christmas before buying it bus for moment I is not the money.

After, perhaps that I would change opinion if a beautiful offer arises...

LeFrançais
No worries LeFrançais tried to help. You're English is not that bad. icon14.gif

Thank,

go... I go to sleep because it is late in France (two hours more than England,

because of the time shift [summer time ])

Good nigt MysteryGamer... and everyone

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.