how to get through the oher side ofthe island?

JianHua

lol unless you can find a boat or plane, I don't think you can

get to the other island.

AndyGanteks

if you have a cheat device (psp,ps2) it is very VERY easy

if you don't have cheatdevice only way is playing the storyline i guess.

You're best off just playing through the story line.

It would be rather shameful of Rockstar to have such a huge oversight whereby Vic could swim to "locked" areas while access by road is restricted. tounge.gif

new style of getting there:

sink a car and push it to the other island with swimming.

if you are gonna ran out of stamina,quick,jump to the car then do it again all over again....

AndyGanteks
new style of getting there:

sink a car and push it to the other island with swimming.

if you are gonna ran out of stamina,quick,jump to the car then do it again all over again....

but arent there barriers that stop you and waves geet larger when you try.I tried that first when i got the game and it didnt work out.Cheat devicers is the only way...or the taxi jump...but it still needs cheats...

why don't you just play the storyline? you can get into the other island in 3 or less hours.

just use cheatdevice, or get a gamesave that is passed the mission that opens the bridges up, or spawn a heli or a plane or a boat somehow

or try this method, spawn a tank (rhino) and turn the barrel around so its facing behind you and start shooting missles and hold down the gas pedal and see if you can fly (it worked in gta3)

Edited by matt11504

AndyGanteks
....if you can fly (it worked in gta3)....

...with cars can fly cheat

....if you can fly (it worked in gta3)....

...with cars can fly cheat

since theres no cars can fly cheat, i guess cheatdevice is the only way

On the PS2 there's a couple of ways to get there (non-cheating).

You can jump around the barrier at Starfish Island using a Yankee, back it up right to the water along the S-side of the bridge and jump diagonally from the top onto the bridge.

There's also a warp glitch near the exposed pipe in the dig near the airport, - jump around on that pipe and you'll eventually end up on Leaf Links.

AndyGanteks
why don`t you use the pipe |biggrin.gif

what pipe?

the exposed pipe in the dig near the airport, - jump around on that pipe and you'll eventually end up on Leaf Links.

thats the pipe they are talking about

AndyGanteks
the exposed pipe in the dig near the airport, - jump around on that pipe and you'll eventually end up on Leaf Links.

thats the pipe they are talking about

oh..yeah well why dont we just wait the topic starter to post another question insted of us bumping heads HOW.He didnt post a thing after his first post.

There's also a warp glitch near the exposed pipe in the dig near the airport, - jump around on that pipe and you'll eventually end up on Leaf Links.

that must only work for ps2, becuase i tried on psp and nothing happened

The taxi w/jump or a motorcycle can still make it from that backyard and get you on the bridge. No cheats or devices needed.

On one of the islands where the rich dudes live ther house almost beside the bridge gates. Get the PCJ that spawns in the front yard, go near the pool and drive imbetween a tree and a pole with some speed, hit the little hump, youll be thrown off ur bike and onto the bridge-hopefully. it worked for me!

• 2 weeks later...
You're best off just playing through the story line.

It would be rather shameful of Rockstar to have such a huge oversight whereby Vic could swim to "locked" areas while access by road is restricted. tounge.gif

They did that in SA.

DAMN YOU 4-STAR COP SYSTEM!

I have posted a few ways here. The easiest would probably be the pipe teleportation trick-from your first safehouse @ 101 bayshore avenue, turn first left toward airport, there will be an orange type fence around a dirt mound and a police bribe above this mound. What you do is jump on top of this mound and then jump onto the pipe (toward the back of the pipe). It may take a few tries, but you will eventually spawn inside leaf links. Hope this helps.

@ Fuzzy Juzzy, it's wouldn't be an oversight to make it where you could swim to the other island early, they did that in San Andreas, except all they did was add the automatic 4-star wanted level for leaving the island early and make the safe houses on the closed islands un-purchaseable.

I explain more about the pipe trick here.

Edited by radioman