Bodyguard Tutorial ?

JulBG

Hi guys , i'm new in this forum and i'm a real sick fan of Vice City even if it's old. In fact i started to play on my computer since 2002 and i restart to play 1 month ago.

I can do a lot of things on vice city probably like a lot of people ex (install cars,handling modification etc and real more)

My only problem right now is that i would like to understand more about the Main.scm file.

I would like to know how to add Bodyguard in the game cause i really like to be followed by friends tounge.gif........(that kill people for you lol)

well thats it

any tutorial that could help me

thank you very much

yeah dont cheat and get 100%

You can still obtain 100% stats by cheating. Common misconception in all 3D GTA games. wink.gif

JulBG: It's great to see some new faces around here interested in VC modding. However, the GTA Series forums are for unedited copies of the game. We have a dedicated mission coding forum, which is where I'll move this for you now. Also note that the scripting required to install bodyguards isn't the stuff for beginners. Without trying to burst your bubble, you'll probably have to start on the basics like inserting a weapon pickup, creating a pink marker, etc. If you have the time and effort to see it through, though, you'll be there in no time.

Moved from VC General Discussion to Editing Discussion -> Mission Coding.

Thank you very much i understand that in the Main.scm i'm a beginner so i'll try to do something else for try

and i'm gonna probably be able 1 day ............ i think tounge.gif

You can still obtain 100% stats by cheating. Common misconception in all 3D GTA games. wink.gif

JulBG: It's great to see some new faces around here interested in VC modding. However, the GTA Series forums are for unedited copies of the game. We have a dedicated mission coding forum, which is where I'll move this for you now. Also note that the scripting required to install bodyguards isn't the stuff for beginners. Without trying to burst your bubble, you'll probably have to start on the basics like inserting a weapon pickup, creating a pink marker, etc. If you have the time and effort to see it through, though, you'll be there in no time.

Heyyo,

Holy smokes! Fuzzy Juzzy.. a blast from the past.. I do a random search for some coding (nothing being annouced yet if I am going fully through with this or not wink.gif ) and I see you moved up! biggrin.gif

Not really a tutorial, but in here you can find my source code of my modified bodyguard code. I have some basic stuff and more advanced things like gunner bodyguards and biker bodyguards... if you read the readme it should be able to help you figure out some.

http://www.freewebs.com/mard_lltd/MarDVCBodyguardmodv3.0.zip

How I learned to code was actually playing the game's missions for more smaller and easier missions and comparing what you do ingame to what the code does. wink.gif

Is Demarest still kicking around? lol, every time I randomly visit I have to say hi to an ol' pal who's wiser than me in the way of coding. wink.gif

Btw folks, if any of ya recognize me and wonder where I've been? Pure Pwnage. I'mma global modrator for the community and just came from the Pure Pwnage Episode 14 Premier in Toronto where I hanged out with the cast!! was epic..

anywho? later-a-much for now. smile.gif

Knowledge Novice

Not really a tutorial, but in here you can find my source code of my modified bodyguard code. I have some basic stuff and more advanced things like gunner bodyguards and biker bodyguards... if you read the readme it should be able to help you figure out some.

http://www.freewebs.com/mard_lltd/MarDVCBodyguardmodv3.0.zip

I was hoping for some bodyguard code to take a look at, but when I click the link it just reloads the page that I'm already reading. I'd really like to see that code. Seems like there may've been a mix up when the link was posted. Just thought I'd mention it. Later. monocle.gif

Edited by Knowledge Novice

Heyyo,

Holy smokes! Fuzzy Juzzy.. a blast from the past.. I do a random search for some coding (nothing being annouced yet if I am going fully through with this or not wink.gif ) and I see you moved up! biggrin.gif

Jesus man, haven't spoken to you in ages. wow.gif

Dem was around. Very recently. But he's gone and got himself banned (again), so he won't be any more.

I've been working on some bodyguard code of my own recently, but haven't published it as it's nowhere near completion. Got my final HSC exams in a few months (trials in two weeks) so I won't be getting further any time soon, unfortunately.

Glad to see you back! Long live tha D. wink.gif

dertyjerzian

Your post is from ages ago, but you can indeed wreck save files by cheating ph34r.gif

Bandy Ban-Ban-Ban. Chugga Chugga Woot Woot.