[TUT] IV Logo

Ja750

Ok, This is my first Tutorial on the forums so here goes.

I am only a beginner at photoshop, so please don't flame me when im doing

something that can be done alot simpler. If you think you can do better/simpler

please upload your own tutorial to show every one the way you would do it.

Step 1: Click File/New And enter in the information seen below. (Image 1)

user posted image

Step 1a: Click the paint bucket tool in the toolbar and Select Red (ff0000) (100% Opacity) now click on the image.

(The reason i choose red is because i find it the easiest to work with whist creating this logo, you may choose

any color you like just not white or black.)

Step 2: Download My IV font HERE. (Please note this font i have created only has the letters "I" & "V" nothing else)

Step 3: After you have installed the font, Click The Text Button In the tool bar And browse for the font "Ja750 IV"

Step 4: Enter 400pt as the Text size And Text color Black then position it so the "IV" is centered, you should now

have something similar to this. (Image 2)

user posted image

Step 5: Next, Click Layer/Layer Style/ Stroke, now enter the information in, shown in the image below. (Image 3)

user posted image

Step 6: Now Right click on the background layer in the layer window (f7) then click on delete Layer (Image 4)

user posted image

Step 7: Now click layer / New / Layer (Shift+Ctrl+N) And select Theses Options (Image 5)

user posted image

Step 8: Hold click on Layer 1 In the layer window (F7) And drag down so this layer goes under The Text

layer "IV" (Image 6)

user posted image

Step 9: Now use your paint bucket tool again and select Red and click on the White of the image. It should

Now look something like this (Image 7)

user posted image

Step 10: Right click on the Layer "IV" in the layer window (F7) and select "Group into new smart Object"

Step 11: Now click Layer/Layer Style/ Stroke, Now this time we will be selecting a Black stroke.(Image 8)

user posted image

Step 12: Select Layer 1 and then use Magic Wand On the red background then delete layer in the layer

window (f7)

Step 13: Now create a new Layer (Shift+Ctrl+N) And then right click on the new layer (Layer 1)

Merge visible.

Step 13: (Right this is the only way i know how do straight edges after a stroke so bare with me)

click the "Rectangular Marquee Tool" In the toolbar (top left) and then select

one edge, once selected use either paint bucket or paint brush to fill in with black. (Image 9)

user posted image

Step 14: Go right around the whole image untill you end up something like this (Image 10)

user posted image

Step 15: Select the line tool, from corner to corner make a line in white (#ffffff) (Image 11)

user posted image

Step 16: Repeat previous step until it looks something like this (Image 12)

user posted image

Step 17: Now right click on any Shape Layer (1-25) and select Merge Visible

Step 18: Now Select Magic Wand in the toolbar and select one edge, use this Key (Image 13) I've

made for the edges colors or simply use this Image (Image 14) and color pick the edges with color

picker. use paint bucket or paint brush to fill in with the selected color. (Image 15)

user posted image

Step 19: Color Pick each edge untill it looks something like this. (Image 16)

user posted image

Step 20: Repeat step 11, Layer/Layer Style/Stroke (With all the same information)

Step 21: Create new layer; layer/ new/ layer (Shift+Ctrl+N)

Step 22: Repeat step 13 Untill you have something like this (Image 17)

user posted image

Step 23: Now right click on Layer 1 in the layer window (f7) and click merge visible.

Step 24: Add another stroke, Layer/Layer Style/Stroke with the following information (Image 18)

user posted image

Step 25 Finally Touch up the rough edges with line tool with the appropriate colors (Image 19)

user posted image

(Please remember to merge visible after every line you create, Right click on any shape

layer, merge visible.

Final product (Image 20)

user posted image

Enjoy &

Thanks for reading

Ja750.

EDIT: I Actually just noticed the "V" Isnt 100% Correct sad.gif I will Re-Arrange it sometime.

Was expecting quite a sh*t tutorial tbh, but Damn. That looks really good, very close to the original.

icon14.gif

user posted image

Very accurate! Great tutorial, you should add the reflected gradient as well, then there would be no difference! icon14.gif

Nice if you can do that you can make names in that font

Read the f*cking post.

Step 2: Download My IV font HERE. (Please note this font i have created only has the letters "I" & "V" nothing else)

Ja, Love the tutorial. It's very well made and easy to follow. thanks alot, man. icon14.gif

d653p.png

Vicecitystories

wow, It really works! I could never do that! But with your help I did it smile.gifsmile.gif