SA in first person?

tmks88

i wanted to ask if its possible to play SA in first person? because the worst thing in my opinion is third person view...third person is good when driving a car or something other but when just walking i would like it to be in first person

dertyjerzian
the worst thing in my opinion is third person view...

What? I entirely disagree <3

Yea, there are some mods like that, check GTAGarage.com first.

Bandy Ban-Ban-Ban. Chugga Chugga Woot Woot.

the worst thing in my opinion is third person view...

What? I entirely disagree <3

Yea, there are some mods like that, check GTAGarage.com first.

i tried everything google, other forums, gta modding pages but havent found anything

maybe someone knows atleast the mods name? then it would be easy to find it

You could try "Cam-Hack" which you can download for example here

. I'm not sure if it works, I've never used it myself. But I know it's possible to drive cars from the 1st person view so maybe it's possible to do the same when on foot.

It's possible to get a half-assed first person view by hacking a couple of memory addresses. What you actually get is the player model disappearing so that it looks like 1st person - though the camera is still pinned about 3 game units behind the invisible player position. The trouble is that it isn't very good. You soon realise that the whole game is built around the third person viewpoint and so it is best played that way. Maybe if you could move the camera so that it coincided with the player position it would be a more viable 1st person game. Seem to recall someone achieved this a while back, but tantalisingly, I can't remeber who. Do a search for "first person view".

It's possible to get a half-assed first person view by hacking a couple of memory addresses.  What you actually get is the player model disappearing so that it looks like 1st person - though the camera is still pinned about 3 game units behind the invisible player position.  The trouble is that it isn't very good.  You soon realise that the whole game is built around the third person viewpoint and so it is best played that way.  Maybe if you could move the camera so that it coincided with the player position it would be a more viable 1st person game.  Seem to recall someone achieved this a while back, but tantalisingly, I can't remeber who.  Do a search for "first person view".

i would imagine it was Ak-73 who did it, and who is currently working on just such a mod for VC (just VC, not SA).

I've modded some other fps games, and as it was pointed out, gta is really not set up for fps playing. There are usually additional fps-specific animations, game mechanics, and especially models. there's usually a 3rd person, and first person variation of every weapon. It would take a lot more than hi-poly guns, and moving the camera on the player to make a convincing fps mod for sa.

theres one game what has third person and also first person quite well made....its called söldner/soeldner i think that it should be also possible to do in GTA SA