I want to learn soccer

ufcdude

GTA3Rockstar
So does anyone have a good website that teaches the rules?

Stick to UFC. Soccer is boring but if you insist, here you go. icon14.gif

fbeRElG.png

if you need any tips dont ask me, i was on the soccer team in middle school and we lost every game, lol.gif

Edited by matt11504

In grade 10 I went to block the ball from going into our net with my foot. Unfortunately for me, the angle was all off and instead of the ball bouncing away (turns out it was going to hit the post actually! I found out after) it shoots off my foot and into our goal!

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you, the lamest football player on Earth smile.gif

ije3Gsb.png

gta_player5

Stick to UFC. Soccer is boring but if you insist, here you go. icon14.gif

I think it's only boring because most of us in the U.S. don't understand the game, maybe some do, but the majority don't from what I have seen in school and from some of the garbage analysts on t.v. I thought it was boring too, but then I watched it more, found a team that I enjoy watching (Arsenal supporter), and learned the rules. I don't find it boring now, I actually enjoy sometimes sitting down and watching a good match.

I don't want to start a topic full of flaming, so let's just leave this at, it's all a matter of personal preference. lol.gif

mIFI0NR_zps02a3f445.png

i love the World Cup but it sucks it only comes once every 4 years.

the zidane headbutt made me love watching the world cup

Soccer is not boring. As a matter a fact it is more fun to watch in real life than any sport popular in America.

This is coming from a person living in America.

6ixThousand

Yeah, soccer is very fun to watch and it's even more fun to play. I had to play it in p.e. freshmen year, the most fun I had the whole year.

user posted image

ANGPWBSF

beanmachine43

Soccer is not boring. As a matter a fact it is more fun to watch in real life than any sport popular in America.

This is coming from a person living in America.

Not American league soccer, or football, whatever the hell you wanna call it. The city teams are pretty lame, but the World tournament can get pretty exciting, even if the U.S. totally blows every year.

• 2 weeks later...
michaelsweb

I love football (I refuse to call it soccer). It can be boring to watch on tv but its a lot better being actually at the match. In australia the atmosphere it great.

I love football (I refuse to call it soccer).

I don't understand that really. Why do people insist on calling it football? Soccer makes it clear what your talking about. There are a few forms of football such as American and Gaelic so when you say football it could mean anyone of them...

CrocodileDundee

I Played in a Team and I did 13 Goals in 46 Apperances And I played as a Left/Right winger most of the time.

When you play don't be selfish and for me it was very Easy to start as a Winger because Basicly all you have to do is run up and down the wing and hit Crosses to the penalty box and you get to run a lot with the ball.

user posted image

I don't understand that really. Why do people insist on calling it football? Soccer makes it clear what your talking about. There are a few forms of football such as American and Gaelic so when you say football it could mean anyone of them...

Because we called football football before you called your sport American football.

i think.

kippers.png

just another thug

As an American I can say I enjoy watching soccer (football). Fox Soccer Channel is our best bet over here. European football is great to watch, I enjoy watching the power houses play (champions league is the best).

user posted image

gta_player5

I watch FSC all the time, I don't watch many of the South American and Italian matches that they air, mostly the Premier League matches and some of the matches from La Liga. It's really a great sport to watch, I play it recreationally mostly because I'm not very good at the sport, though I enjoy playing. tounge.gif I would probably be best suited for midfield, I would just need to get in better shape because I would be constantly running. Striker, I'm not the goal scoring type, and defense is good, I do well on defense in basketball but not too sure when it comes to football (soccer). I actually enjoy playing goal keeper when I play with friends and whoever else, most of the people I play with are good at the sport mind you, so I'm not playing with people new to the sport. So yeah, I like to watch and play the sport.

I seriously think it's understanding the sport. I hated it before I sat down and watched matches, and learned the rules, now I think it's great.

mIFI0NR_zps02a3f445.png

It's easy to to dismiss soccer as boring and not give it any more thought. The truth is, once you understand the game it's exciting.

In high school, I've seen kids who had never attended a soccer game in their life attend an important match between a rival school and the team I was on. At first, I figured they'd treat it like any other American Football game, talking amongst one another, talking on the phone, etc. Instead, they paid attention. The game was extremely close and they actually began chanting and yelling about bad calls and plays, even going as far as taunting the other team. (We ultimately won, resulting in everyone celebrating.)

Soccer's close scores actually can translate into something that makes it ridiculously exciting. A lapse of judgment could be the deciding factor in every game.

About learning the game, just get out there and play. My friends and I always start pick up games and invite a bunch of people. Just look for someone you know who does something similar and I am sure they'll be glad to teach you. Reading a book will give you the knowledge but it won't be able to be experience.

"romance at short notice was her speciality."

• 1 month later...

Because in football you use your foot.

Hardly ever in American Football.

I don't get it either.

Anyway, as said above, Soccer is fun as hell to watch, especially when two top teams have a match. Once you take the time and get familiar with the sport you'll fall in love with it. I did.

I know wht you mean bro. But, not to start this debate again, but Gaelic football, as you know, theres alot of hand passing and holding the ball in your hand. Gaelic football is not as popular around the world as football (soccer) So I would normally always say to non-Irish people 'Gaelic Football' to be polite.

To anyone else I'd say football (soccer) as it's the biggest sport in Europe and Latin America and pretty much the world.

As for football being boring? Well, yes, I used to think that myself. I hated it. Then I loosened up. It's a good excuse to get down to the pub or have a few cans with mates. You can talk over it and still enjoy it. It's very exciting when you feel passionate about your nation winning.

Every 4 years for a world cup is great because it's 4 years! It makes it that more suspensful. More exciting. It will be eight years next world cup that Ireland played in it.

Oh, and football translates really well into computer games. It can be easily played between a few friends and a make shift goal on the street or in the park. Heads and Volleys is always a good game. (for yanks, the rule is that you must score on the volley. If it's wide or over or the keeper catches it straight to his hand you must go in goal.)

Well the Rugby World Cup starts in a few days. I can't wait! smile.gif

Edited by ThePinkFloydSound

• 2 months later...

If you need any help ask me im a successful footballer so if you any questions...ask me.