First Post: Trying to burglarize houses?

perpetualapology

perpetualapology

This is my first post, I don't use no stinkin' guides... just me, my PS2 and a hotpocket.

SO I want to burglarize a house, because I'm gangsta. I'm no more than 6% of the way into the game, as I just bought it the day before yesterday, but I Have done "House Invasion". After completing this mission, I was told I could burglarize "most" houses in San Andreas, but that I needed to use a certain type of truck to do it. After a burglary, I was to take the truck to a drop off point used in the mission.

Couple of issues: first question, does successfully burglarizing houses loot much cash?

second question: I FINALLY found a truck, I think it's called a "Boxville" or something like that, in the Ocean Docks. Took me all day to locate one. I drove it around at night, randomly parking at houses, walking around them, trying to get in... nothing..

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I'm also interested in buying/selling drugs, once again because I'm gangsta. Any tips on what missions to complete to make this possible a.s.a.p. and any tips on dealing once I do possess the ability to buy/sell?

Edited by perpetualapology

bagga rabbit

...burglary cash increases depending on number of items stolen ...the burglary truck for Los Santos is located a couple of blocks west of CJ's house...near B-Dups apartment (cleaning the hood mission)...when you find the correct truck a message will tell you when burglary missions are available...good luck..and buying or selling drugs is a no-no...

jonaskaerts

The boxville you need is located southeast of grove street. You can start the mission between 20:00 and 6:00 hours. When you are doing the missions some houses will be able to be entered. You can burgle them and after 6:00 you have 5 minutes to bring the load to the lockup. If you have burgled a total of $10,000 (this does not have to be done in one night) you get an additional $3,000 and infinite sprint.

I will try to make a little map so you can easily find the boxville.

To answer your second question: drugs were taken out of the game by Rockstar before the release so you can't buy or sell them.

EDIT: I made a little map

user posted image

1 is CJ's house and 2 is the location of the boxville.

I also have a formula for the total cash: 20*(#items stolen that night)²

Edited by jonaskaerts

perpetualapology

dang it, that's so weak. if I can grab a random person near an elementary school, hold them in a half-nelson, and slit their throat with a knife I got by beating the sh*t out of a hooker, I should be able to buy some damn weed. Obviously game-ratigns are to blame.

F*ck U.S. Censorship.

When is a big game producer gonna make a straight up adult video game? Ever?

This is my first post, I don't use no stinkin' guides... just me, my PS2 and a hotpocket.
What flavor? It makes a difference you see.

Couple of issues: first question, does successfully burglarizing houses loot much cash?
Ah, but you don't burglarize for cash. You do it for infinite sprint wink.gif

The boxville you need is located southeast of grove street.
@Southwest. Also, your equation is WAY off. That would mean having to steal 500 items and that's just not so. Besides, it's not a fixed rate. It increases per item so that the more you do in a night, the more profitable it is.

...relax...enjoy the game...
He's trying to, but the censorship won't let him. And don't even get us started on how R* crumbled under unfounded pressure and punished their fan base by watering it down further AND causing mass confusion amongst the players.

jonaskaerts

Also, your equation is WAY off.

I don't see how. With this formula you need 23 items in one night to get $10,000.

Fill it in: 20*23*23=10580

Burglar Missions brings some money, not much, but enough. I also had a problem with searching the houses, because you can enter just specific houses, where the doors are marked with yellow triangle.

Yeah, and also don't have to pick a nice vinewood house to burglar, small houses south of grove street are actually pretty good. Yes they are small and not much items, but most of the items are actually in SPRINTING DISTANCE. Well that's my experience, I dashed in, 3 steps already reach the TV. That woke up the guy and 10 sec starts, but I'm already out of the house even before reaching 5. But this strategy needs 2 houses stick together. When you finish the second house the first one is reset and you can go in again

GTAGangsta58

1. To answer your second question: drugs were taken out of the game by Rockstar before the release so you can't buy or sell them.

2. I also have a formula for the total cash: 20*(#items stolen that night)²

1. I didn't know they DID have drugs, then they took em out. SO, What Happens? GTA takes drugs out, and Scarface decided to steal GTA's idea, and what happens next? Scarface tryed to beat GTA w/ their own idea, then, BAM! GTA is still better!!! lol (I have no clue why i just said all that biggrin.gif)

2. Basiclly, $10 per item! biggrin.gif And, I steal a Sega Genisis lookin thing, and all I get is $10 damn dollars!!!? notify.gif lol

you know the easiest way to make quick cash in burglary,just put in the time 00:00 cheat,then you get all the time you need,plus it will give you time to burglar the houses in the country part of los santos(the houses look different there inside)

2. Basiclly, $10 per item! biggrin.gif And, I steal a Sega Genisis lookin thing, and all I get is $10 damn dollars!!!? notify.gif lol

No...

Steal 1 item, Total $20, Each worth $20

2, $80, $40

3, $180, $60

4, $320, $80

5, $500, $100

6, $720, $120

Etc...

GTAGangsta58

2. Basiclly, $10 per item! biggrin.gif  And, I steal a Sega Genisis lookin thing, and all I get is $10 damn dollars!!!? notify.gif  lol

No...

Steal 1 item, Total $20, Each worth $20

2, $80, $40

3, $180, $60

4, $320, $80

5, $500, $100

6, $720, $120

Etc...

oh, ok..i see cool.gif

When you finish the second house the first one is reset and you can go in again

You don't actually have to finish one house to reset another.

you know the easiest way to make quick cash in burglary,just put in the time 00:00 cheat,then you get all the time you need,plus it will give you time to burglar the houses in the country part of los santos(the houses look different there inside)

This is the Gameplay forum. Which means the person asking was looking for skill related methods.

john winston lennon
dang it, that's so weak. if I can grab a random person near an elementary school, hold them in a half-nelson, and slit their throat with a knife I got by beating the sh*t out of a hooker, I should be able to buy some damn weed. Obviously game-ratigns are to blame.

F*ck U.S. Censorship.

When is a big game producer gonna make a straight up adult video game? Ever?

I agree entirely...

you can go out and kill everyone with an ak47 but you can't buy drugs...right...

senseless censorship really....

BHunterSEAL
If you want to sell drugs, play GTA Vice City.

Not quite the same. In Vice City, you sort of sell "ice cream". You just drive an ice cream truck and sketchy people come and buy drugs.... You really don't get the feel of being a street-dealer.

But I guess that was in keeping with the comical nature of the game, which didn't really make it's way into San Andreas...

john winston lennon

coming back to the burglaries...aren't there any more goods apart from the tv and the crappy stereo?? and why do some furniture shine when I approach it ?

pd: is there anywhere in this site a little map of the "robbable" houses, as well as armors??

GTAGangsta58
pd: is there anywhere in this site a little map of the "robbable" houses, as well as armors??

robbable horse, no...in every neighbor hood, u could find atleast one house to rob........

bagga rabbit

...there's some stuff in the kitchen to steal...microwave...another radio...

john winston lennon

yeah...maybe after playing games like blood money or the complete series of "thief" I expected another thing...but well, i understand it's just a little part in the game...

Another thing about that is that two little house close together are better than big houses for getting stuff fast--less house to run to the door with.

Also, mission aside, C.J. can set a TV in the road and give the traffic a hard time--it's like a rock for vehicles.

Edited by glenster