PS3 shows it's better than the 360?

Gouveia

Hey guys. I don't know if you already seen, but in the PS3 Oblivion's review from GameTrailers.com, the guy speaks that "the XBOX360 version graphics could be beaten up by a PC version with graphics on low", and that the 'PS3 version have the graphics on max and almost no loading time". Is it a signal that the PS3 is better than the 360? Post your comments...

Twang of Cauliflower

It's a common misconception that graphics and other technical mumbo-jumbo has any bearing on what makes something "better."

...teh kicker.

It's a common misconception that graphics and other technical mumbo-jumbo has any bearing on what makes something "better."

OMG dude! Oblivion had better graphics on the PS3 than on the 360 according to some video site. Didn't you hear him? the PS3 MUST be better. And the PS3 version came like what? a year after the 360 one! it's such a awesome comparison that pivots this next "war" (loose term, playground war would be a better fit).

confused.gifsarcasm ahoy

pykOb.png

Pacrel Focre

beanmachine43

That's quite an arguable statement, if I'm understanding you correctly. You're saying that, for example, if I had a game that had sharper textures, better lighting, improved anti-aliasing, faster load times, etc. etc., you wouldn't necessarily say mine was a better than version than yours?

Please for the love of god, post it in a PS3 Vs 360 topic.

All the fanboys will be over this like a fly to sh*t.

user posted image

Twang of Cauliflower

That's quite an arguable statement, if I'm understanding you correctly. You're saying that, for example, if I had a game that had sharper textures, better lighting, improved anti-aliasing, faster load times, etc. etc., you wouldn't necessarily say mine was a better than version than yours?

I'm not talking between different versions of games. I'm talking about systems and separate games. The topic title suggests that he is offering this as evidence that one system is 'better' because of meer technical things.

...teh kicker.

Nick Papagiorgio

It's a console.

Ok, so PS3 has good graphics, all of the sudden it is God?

Ugh. Please.

beanmachine43

I'm not talking between different versions of games. I'm talking about systems and separate games. The topic title suggests that he is offering this as evidence that one system is 'better' because of meer technical things.

Okay then, glad you got that through to me.

And Oblivion is probably one of the few games that actually looks/plays better on PS3 compared to the 360 version. That, and maybe Fight Night, but both of these games had tons more development time to work with.\

And yes, PS3 is God. rolleyes.gif

PS3 is a god in the sense that Jesus was a clerk at 7/11, graphics don't mean sh*t in the end, I'd rather get a system with hundreds of good exclusive games rather than a system that can put one more polygon on that animated breast.

Everyone knows the PS3 is the more powerful console. Will it make for better gaming? For me, the online infastructure matters most for me.

End of the day, the best console for you isn't the best for someone else. Deal with it.

GTA3Freak-2001

Anyone care to put this crazy theory to the test? Someone get a screenshot of Oblivion with all settings on low and lets compare it to a 360 screenshot shall we? I can guarantee the two won't be comparable in terms of quality at all.

TheDude5000

And Oblivion is probably one of the few games that actually looks/plays better on PS3 compared to the 360 version. That, and maybe Fight Night, but both of these games had tons more development time to work with.\

Uh...no? I've seen dozens of screens of the PS3 version, including a perfect screen comparison between the 360 and PS3 versions and there is virtually no difference. And that's after a years work of them porting it to PS3 and it still can't outdo the 360 version. It's literally the same exact game, btw. You're totally full of it if you say the gameplay in the PS3 version is any better than the gameplay in the 360. Both versions of the game get the same DLC as well. The only thing that could make a difference is your preference of controllers. And I have Oblivion on 360, and anyone who tells me it looks bad(compared to the PC version) is a tard. I have a few pals who own the PC port of Oblivion, and I've seen tons of their screens, and there is barely any difference at all. Even they agree that Oblivion is just an amazing looking game on whatever you play it.

Of course now I guess I'm a fanboy for defending my console/games against ridiculous claims such as the topic starters.

user posted image

SIP YEK NOD

Anyone care to put this crazy theory to the test? Someone get a screenshot of Oblivion with all settings on low and lets compare it to a 360 screenshot shall we? I can guarantee the two won't be comparable in terms of quality at all.

get the hell out of here with your facts and proof and sh*t. this here is about anecdotal evidence

edit: nice sig btw. veeeeeeeery original. i bet you are even using the GTA4 theme sarcasm.gif

user posted image

i had a ps2 and traded it in towards a 360. best decision i've made. xbox live is ten thousand times better then playstation online and looking ahead, the 360 supposedly gets exclusive downloadable content for the new gta.

Of course now I guess I'm a fanboy for defending my console/games against ridiculous claims such as the topic starters.

Because you seem to think that everyone thinks you're a fanboy in some posts , let me correct you:

defending your console with facts in an unbiased manner=not a fanboy

"HAHA THEY'RE JUST JELUZ DAT THEY CONSOLE IS FAILING 600 DOLLAR BLU RAY"=fanboy

"HAHA X-BOX 360 HAS THE GAMES (and a game that hasn't been confirmed yet but I'll just assume it'll be on my console) I LIKE SO ITS BETTAR THAN PS3 WHY BUY IT OF COURSE PEOPLE WILL CALL ME AND YOU FANBOYS FOR SEEING THE TRUTH"=fanboy

*Parts in bold text are incredibly hilarious

and people, drop the damn obsession with the f*cking term, every post "NINTENDO FANBOYS, YOUR A FANBOY, SONY FANBOYS, SO I GUESS IM A FANBOY!?!? OF COURSE FANBOYS HATE IT"

Jesus

edit: nice sig btw. veeeeeeeery original. i bet you are even using the GTA4 theme sarcasm.gif

hehe biggrin.gif

Hey guys. I don't know if you already seen, but in the PS3 Oblivion's review from GameTrailers.com, the guy speaks that "the XBOX360 version graphics could be beaten up by a PC version with graphics on low", and that the 'PS3 version have the graphics on max and almost no loading time". Is it a signal that the PS3 is better than the 360? Post your comments...

that is utterly a false statement tounge.gif

considering the PC equivalent of the game was a console port from where? sly.gif

and Oblivion on low settings is not pretty~ looks like a game from 2002

I've seen PS3 vs. 360 oblivion, and unless you can really notice the difference in slightly sharper textures in the PS3 and slightly better FPS in the 360~ it's really still a slight difference tounge2.gif

a good port nonetheless on the PS3 icon14.gif

4DksF.png

HEY D*CKHEADS THE PS3 VERSION HAS HAD MORE THAN A YEAR OF EXTRA DEVELOPMENT AND OPTIMISATION.

</obvious but nobody pays attention..>

F4tISZ2.png

xY1j6rP.gif

Lycanthrope

Saying the PS3 is better than the 360 because of one game doesn't mean anything. But, you should have included why it runs better on one, than the other. Include the core's and processors and stuff. But yeah, I agree. The PS3 is more capable of running High end games, than the 360.

user posted image

the XBOX360 version graphics could be beaten up by a PC version with graphics on low", and that the 'PS3 version have the graphics on max and almost no loading time".

Jesus. low graphic PC version has not draw distance or HDR at all. you barely see where you're walking. PS3 version has some better shadows and such than an X360, but the PC version is even better on everything. PS3 doesn't have self shadows for example, which even my 6800XT could render. It gets even better when you have C2D and 8800GTS wow.gif .

www.gamespot.com/features/6147028/p-2.html smile.gif

Gamespot always put up reasonable comparisions.

I wonder how many people will start hating me and gamespot now ph34r.gif

Edited by matthew1g

user posted image

user posted image

Lycanthrope

Well it depends on what PC you have, and the specs. But comparing a PS3 with another PS3 is fair. But no two PC's are the same.

user posted image

Come on Graphics don't make good gameplay do they. Why does everyone focus on the graphics. Take this for example, I'll play Galaxian on the Atari 2600 for hours, but then play a modern game with so called good graphics for 30 minutes & then get bored.

Graphics aren't really everything, it's the gameplay that counts, this is why I constantly play things like Sega Rally, Sonic The Hegdgehog & Galaxian etc. When will people understand that Graphics Don't Make A Good Game.

I'm not for this Generation of games consoles, but what I've seen of all 3 of them are strengths & weaknesses in different areas. From what I've seen the Ps3 outperforms the 360 on some games. And the 360 Outperforms the Ps3 on others. The wii of course has that cool motion capture sort of gameplay. But I have plenty of fun playin Sega Bass fishing on the Dreamcast with the fishing reel peripheral.

• 1 User Currently Viewing
    0 members, 0 Anonymous, 1 Guest

Important Information

By using GTAForums.com, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.