4. Debates & Discussion
    1. Announcements

1. GTANet 20th Anniversary
    2. Support

1. Court House
    3. Suggestions

The Silence of the Game

tommyleone

Yeah, I've been playing VC for a few weeks, with 1 huge problem: the sounds don't work. I also have GTA 3and it works perfectly, but VC only does the sounds of voice given by characters after the main mission briefings. not even the radio works, the most awesome radio. I need help plz.

If even after consulting the pinned posting requirements for your system specs, reinstalling the entire game fully, updating your sound card drivers, and clicking on "Restore Defaults" in Audio Setup doesn't work - then you need to buy the game.

When I think about "The Silence of the Game", what comes to mind is somebody's speaker and in-game SFX/Music volumes not maxed out.

doesntcheatGTA

I agree with the above: it could possibly be your sound card or the drivers for the sound card. That or have you tried going into the menu and turning up the in game volume there?? Maybe that is the problem, HOPEFULLY...because thats a simple fix.

If even after consulting the pinned posting requirements for your system specs, reinstalling the entire game fully, updating your sound card drivers, and clicking on "Restore Defaults" in Audio Setup doesn't work - then you need to buy the game.

When I think about "The Silence of the Game", what comes to mind is somebody's speaker and in-game SFX/Music volumes not maxed out.

We don't support warez. So as long as you're posting here, YOU don't support warez.

Demarest, it hasn't been confirmed yet if this guy has a warez game. This is in fact the troubleshooting forum, and many people with legit games also have sound problems! Stay on-topic. tounge.gif

So tommyleone: Did you buy the game?

Demarest, it hasn't been confirmed yet if this guy has a warez game. This is in fact the troubleshooting forum, and many people with legit games also have sound problems! Stay on-topic. 

So tommyleone: Did you buy the game?

Demarest didn't say he had a warez game he just said

we don't support warez here and neither should he

anyway whats the point in asking him did he buy the game.

Yes, we all know that GTAForums, people shouldn't be supporting warez (no need to mention it if we aren't sure that the thread starter doesn't have a legit copy). All I was supporting in this thread was the fact that there is a sound problem to be fixed in Vice City!

The point of asking him was to see if he says yes/no to whether or not he has a warez game, and to stop the ridiculous off-topic madness in this thread. YES = Thread closed. NO = Thread continued.

Demarest didn't say he had a warez game he just said

we don't support warez here and neither should he

How do you know we were supporting warez in this thread? I have something to say about the GTAForums rules as well:

1. No spamming

2. No warez

3. Stay on-topic alien.gif

Edited by Ring_of_Fire

Demarest, it hasn't been confirmed yet if this guy has a warez game.
This is why we have a brain. Nobody said five, but if you're handed a two and a three, you should be able to arrive at five on your own. You would know this had you taken the VERY SIMPLE exercise I offered you so long ago when you declined, making it vividly clear that you have no interest in helping anybody and just enjoy barfing a bunch of stuff whether it addresses the issue or not.

Stay on-topic.  tounge.gif
YOU are telling ME to stay on topic? lol.giflol.gif I wonder why you're not so interested in on-topicness when you're telling people with video problems to update their chipset drivers. Or when you're prescribing a patch you've been told time and time again is obsolete and all the other way out in left field posting you engage in so often.

Yes, we all know that GTAForums, people shouldn't be supporting warez (no need to mention it if we aren't sure that the thread starter doesn't have a legit copy). All I was supporting in this thread was the fact that there is a sound problem to be fixed in Vice City!
Sure there is a reason to say it. You were offering support before the guy even satisfied the pinned posting requirements AND while all current signs point to warez. It's not OUR job to determine it, it's their's to provide it. If they do not, and what they do provide says warez, you treat it like warez.

The point of asking him was to see if he says yes/no to whether or not he has a warez game, and to stop the ridiculous off-topic madness in this thread. YES = Thread closed. NO = Thread continued.
No answer = ROF does his thing. If an answer is what you're waiting for, then wait for it sly.gif Until then, use your brain. Our first exercise (which you declined because you have no interest in being useful) was one to teach you not to let the complainant mislead you. If somebody said they threw a ball in the air and it never came down, would you believe that too?

How do you we were supporting warez in this thread?
Use your brain. We see what is likely warez and we see ROF trying to help him with it.

Yeah, I've been playing VC for a few weeks, with 1 huge problem: the sounds don't work. I also have GTA 3and it works perfectly, but VC only does the sounds of voice given by characters after the main mission briefings. not even the radio works, the most awesome radio. I need help plz.

Did you download the game, because if you did you should go out and buy the full copy. It's cheap though. If you buy it should play the radio and it was the same with radio in GTA3 . Warzed the game means no radio. Buy it. confused.gif

Thanks to, uh, everyone for taking it upon themselves to personally accuse the topic-starter of warez. Once is enough, I think you'll find.

Demarest and ROF: You both put in a lot of effort to this place. It's appreciated. But if another topic gets spammed up but your arguments then something's going to have to change. It's not necessary to split up each other's posts and address each point one-by-one in someone else's topic. I understand your disagreements over valid troubleshooting advice, but it's out of hand.

tommyleone, if you haven't downloaded the game, once you satisfy the pinned posting requirements please re-post this topic. I'm sorry your first got ruined.

Locked.